Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Chat Board
 Top 40 Music on Compact Disc : Chat Board
Subject Topic: Book of Love-Pretty Boys and Pretty Girls Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
brado
MusicFan
MusicFan

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 06 August 2008 at 8:11pm | IP Logged Quote brado

I know this didn't hit the Top 40, but I am looking for info on the song "Pretty Boys and Pretty Girls" by Book of Love. The 45, which I don't have, states a running time of 4:30. Two versions I have seen of this song on CD have a run time of 4:25 and 4:48, with the 4:48 version claiming itself the "Single Version". Does anyone have this 45 and can confirm the run time? Does anyone have any information on the CD versions? Thanks!
Back to Top View brado's Profile Search for other posts by brado Visit brado's Homepage

budaniel
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 07 August 2008 at 9:12pm | IP Logged Quote budaniel

I have the promo CD single with what is called the '7" mix', which is listed as running 4:48, but runs 4:51 in itunes (however, it fades to silence by 4:49). This is the same version that is on 'The Best of Book of Love' CD. Hope that answers part of your question.
Back to Top View budaniel's Profile Search for other posts by budaniel Visit budaniel's Homepage

cmmmbase
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 08 August 2008 at 2:46pm | IP Logged Quote cmmmbase

I have the 7" single on Sire 7-27858. The version, called 7" edit, is listed as 4:30, but times out to 4:36
Back to Top View cmmmbase's Profile Search for other posts by cmmmbase

NightAire
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 06 September 2015 at 11:58pm | IP Logged Quote NightAire

Does anybody know which version radio played (if any)?

Is that version available in digital form?

Owasso, Oklahoma USA
Back to Top View NightAire's Profile Search for other posts by NightAire Visit NightAire's Homepage

mjb50
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 09 November 2023 at 4:43pm | IP Logged Quote mjb50

The 4:36 "Pretty Boys and Pretty Girls" is on Hitmakers Top 40 CD Sampler vol. 8 (July 8, 1988) and I assume it is identical to the 45's "Pretty Boys and Pretty Girls (7" Edit)".

The 4:48 "Pretty Boys and Pretty Girls (7" Mix)" is on the 12", the promo CD PRO-CD-3197, and also on the I Touch Roses: The Best of Book of Love 2001 CD and MMXVI - The 30th Anniversary Collection 2016 CD as "Pretty Boys and Pretty Girls (Single Version)". It's the same as the 4:36 version, but fades later. If you apply a linear fadeout from 4:20 to 4:36.8, it will match the Hitmakers CD.

The 4:26 "Tubular Bells/Pretty Boys and Pretty Girls (Medley Edit)" promo 45 is played on YouTube and I confirmed that this edit can be made from the Lullaby album tracks 1 & 2. It requires a lot of cuts: like 9 sections removed, and several copy-pastes near the end. I'm not going to worry about re-creating it properly, myself, but someone else is welcome to try (and PM me a link, please?).

This edit has not been released anywhere else, AFAIK, at least not with this duration. I see there's a 4:05(?) "Tubular Bells/Pretty Boys & Pretty Girls (Single Edit)" exclusive to the Son of Post Modern promo CD, but I've not yet heard that one.

No idea what radio played.

Meanwhile, on the B-side of the "Pretty Boys and Pretty Girls" retail 45, "Tubular Bells" is said to run 4:23. I don't have the record so can't say for sure if that's correct. All I can say is that there is the 4:25 "Tubular Bells (7" Mix)" on the aforementioned 12" and promo CD single, and a 4:09 edit thereof on the aforementioned I Touch Roses and MMXVI CDs.

Edited by mjb50 on 10 November 2023 at 12:22am
Back to Top View mjb50's Profile Search for other posts by mjb50 Visit mjb50's Homepage

Kiefer2
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 20 February 2024 at 9:22pm | IP Logged Quote Kiefer2

"I see there's a 4:05(?) "Tubular Bells/Pretty Boys &
Pretty Girls (Single Edit)" exclusive to the Son of Post
Modern promo CD, but I've not yet heard that one."

The track on this cd runs 4:26. The time was wrong on
Discogs (it's wrong on the inlay card of the cd-there are
actually a few wrong times on the cover).
Back to Top View Kiefer2's Profile Search for other posts by Kiefer2

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version