Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Chat Board
 Top 40 Music on Compact Disc : Chat Board
Subject Topic: "80’s" the same version of the 45s&LPs Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
abagon
MusicFan
MusicFan

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 01 May 2008 at 9:57am | IP Logged Quote abagon

I provide the informations of the analog 45s and the LPs for the db, and I post when the 45 is the same as the LP. Of course, I use the U.S. issue 45s only. However I can't help using the outside U.S. LPs because my LP collections consist of the various country issues. Complement,please!

I made this thread to prevent a lot of respective topics from increasing. Understand,please.
Back to Top View abagon's Profile Search for other posts by abagon

abagon
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 01 May 2008 at 9:59am | IP Logged Quote abagon

MOVING PICTURES - "What About Me"

The actual 45 running time is (3:36),Listed time is "3:37" on the record label"(NETWORK 7-69952-A).
The LP"Days Of Innocence" running time is (3:36 or 3:37). Listed time is "3:37"(NETWORK 60202-A US issue).

NIELSEN-PEARSON - "If You Should Sail"

The actual 45 running time is (3:27) , Listed time is "3:28" on the record label"(Capitol 4910).
The LP"NIELSEN/PEARSON" running time is (3:27).Listed time is"3:28"(Capitol ST-12101 US issue).

Edited by abagon on 01 May 2008 at 9:59am

abagon
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 01 May 2008 at 10:16am | IP Logged Quote abagon

PURE PRAIRIE LEAGUE - "Let Me Love You Tonight"

The actual 45 running time is (2:45),Listed time is "2:45" on the record label(CASABLANCA 2266).
The LP"Firein' Up" running time is (2:45). Listed time is "2:45"(CASABLANCA 7212 US issue).

PURE PRAIRIE LEAGUE - "Still RIde Here In My Heart"

The actual 45 running time is (2:57) , Listed time is "2:55" on the record labe(CASABLANCA 2332).
The LP"Something In The Night" running time is (2:57). but this record was made in Japan "No listed Time".

Todd Ireland
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 02 May 2008 at 8:05am | IP Logged Quote Todd Ireland

abagon wrote:
I provide the informations of the analog 45s and the LPs for the db, and I post when the 45 is the same as the LP. Of course, I use the U.S. issue 45s only. However I can't help using the outside U.S. LPs because my LP collections consist of the various country issues. Complement,please!

I made this thread to prevent a lot of respective topics from increasing. Understand,please.

abagon:

I know Pat typically makes vinyl 45 and LP run time notations in the database when the printed and actual times differ by a margin of :03 or more. You are certainly welcome to post any run time info you would like, even if there's less than :02 difference between the printed and actual run times, but just keep in mind that such small discrepencies are unlikely to get noted in the database. Now, there are some cases where run times for a particular song can differ by :05 or more from CD to CD. In these instances, knowing the exact vinyl 45 or LP run time is helpful for those of us trying to track down this exact length on CD and therefore Pat will post the vinyl times for our benefit.

As for using LPs made outside the U.S. as a reference for your vinyl run times, I think that can be helpful but I'm pretty sure Pat will include such info in the database only if it can be verified on a U.S. LP release. This is because the database focuses exclusively on U.S. CD releases.
Back to Top View Todd Ireland's Profile Search for other posts by Todd Ireland

abagon
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 02 May 2008 at 11:01pm | IP Logged Quote abagon

Dear Todd: I appreciate your advice. I'm so glad to know the info of the db. I especially understood concerning the margin of :03 or more.I'm importing the sources of the U.S. 45 into my p.c. everyday. but I recently can't find out the new difference between the 45 and the LP in the 80's decade. Of course, When I found it out. I will post it for the respective topics in usual. As for the same versions between the 45s and the LPs, I will post here in a mass when they accumulated a lot.

aaronk
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 03 May 2008 at 12:12am | IP Logged Quote aaronk

Keep up the good work, abagon!
Back to Top View aaronk's Profile Search for other posts by aaronk Visit aaronk's Homepage

abagon
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 07 May 2008 at 12:11am | IP Logged Quote abagon

Hi, aaronk, Thank you for your cheer. I keep it up.
I couldn't access this forum for four days because I had the vacation "Golden Week".

(45s and LPs are all US issue)

OAK RIDGE BOYS -"Bobbie Sue"

The actual 45 running time is (2:49) , Listed time is "2:49" on the record label(MCA-51231).
The LP"Bobbie Sue" running time is (2:49). Listed time is "2:49"(MCA-5294 US issue).

JOEY SCARBURY - The Theme From "The Greatest American Hero" (Believe Or Not)

The actual 45 running time is (3:11) , Listed time is"3:11"   on the record label.(Elektra E-47147-A)
The LP"American's Greatest Hero" running time is (3:13) . Listed time is"3:11" (Elektra SE 537 U.S. issue)

FRANKE & THE KNOCKOUTS -"Without You(Hot Another Lonely Night"

The actual 45 running time is (3:44) , Listed time is"3:44"on the record label.(Millennium YB-13105)
The LP"Below The Belt" running time is (3:45) . Listed time is"3:45" (Millennium BXLI-7763 US issue)

MICHAEL STANLEY BAND - "He Can't Love you"

The actual 45 running time is (3:34) , Listed time is"3:35"on the record label.(EMI America 8063)
The LP"Heartland" running time is (3:34) . Listed time is"3:35" (EMI America SW 1 7040 US issue)

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version