Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Chat Board
 Top 40 Music on Compact Disc : Chat Board
Subject Topic: Top Pop Singles 1955-2015 Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Paul Haney
MusicFan
MusicFan

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 31 March 2016 at 12:17pm | IP Logged Quote Paul Haney

We've just announced our latest edition of Top Pop Singles:

https://www.recordresearch.com/pop/top_pop_singles_1955_2015 .php

If you're on our e-mail list, check for a special promo code and get an extra $5 off!

Edited by Paul Haney on 31 March 2016 at 12:19pm
Back to Top View Paul Haney's Profile Search for other posts by Paul Haney

Robert
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 31 March 2016 at 3:40pm | IP Logged Quote Robert

That's great news, Paul. I've been trying to find out if it will be available in e-book, which is my vastly preferred format. Can you enlighten? And if it is not, can you help me lobby to change that? After my last e-book, I can't see myself lugging around a big clunky heavy book ever again.
Back to Top View Robert's Profile Search for other posts by Robert

Paul Haney
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 01 April 2016 at 3:02am | IP Logged Quote Paul Haney

Robert wrote:
That's great news, Paul. I've been trying to find out if it will be available in e-book, which is my vastly preferred format. Can you enlighten? And if it is not, can you help me lobby to change that? After my last e-book, I can't see myself lugging around a big clunky heavy book ever again.

We don't have any firm plans for an e-book version at this time. The company that we deal with is upgrading their system in the next few months, so there may be one later this year. Stay tuned...

Chartman
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 02 April 2016 at 10:48am | IP Logged Quote Chartman

I'm sure I'm not alone on this forum, but I first bought the 2nd edition and have purchased every one since - including this one. Additionally I have a bookcase of your other publications - the wife says I spent a small fortune!

A request: how about publishing a Chart Collection book for Music Vendor/Record World? Billboard has been covered (plus complete magazines are available on-line), two decades of Cashbox have been covered (plus Randy Price has an outstanding on-line collection and I believe he is working on Country and R&B) but there is nothing on Record World. A few libraries have some years but not much. I'm sure music historians would love to have these charts and Joel seems to be the only who has them. How about sharing for the common good? A lasting legacy?

Hopefully other forum members will chime in and support me.

Edited by Chartman on 02 April 2016 at 10:49am
Back to Top View Chartman's Profile Search for other posts by Chartman

aaronk
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 02 April 2016 at 1:20pm | IP Logged Quote aaronk

I thought there was a Record World book, no?

Back to Top View aaronk's Profile Search for other posts by aaronk Visit aaronk's Homepage

80smusicfreak
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 02 April 2016 at 5:44pm | IP Logged Quote 80smusicfreak

aaronk wrote:
I thought there was a Record World book, no?

aaronk: What you're thinking of is Hit Records 1954-1982, which lists the magazine's chart songs by artist, alphabetically (and I see you've now bumped the old thread here on the chat board for that book). However, I believe what Chartman is describing is that he would like a series of Music Vendor/Record World books whose pages show actual reproductions of the publication's weekly pop chart by decade, as RR did long ago for every decade in Billboard, and has also recently done for both the '60s & '70s in Cash Box (and I'd assume that the '50s, '80s, & '90s will be coming soon, but I'll let Paul Haney correct me if I'm wrong there). Sample pages from the Cash Box '70s book: Cash Box Top 100 Charts: The Seventies

Edited by 80smusicfreak on 02 April 2016 at 5:48pm
Back to Top View 80smusicfreak's Profile Search for other posts by 80smusicfreak

Chartman
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 02 April 2016 at 6:26pm | IP Logged Quote Chartman

80smusicfreak wrote:
However, I believe what Chartman is describing is that he would like a series of Music Vendor/Record World books whose pages show actual reproductions of the publication's weekly pop chart by decade, as RR did long ago for every decade in Billboard, and has also recently done for both the '60s & '70s in Cash Box (and I'd assume that the '50s, '80s, & '90s will be coming soon, but I'll let Paul Haney correct me if I'm wrong there). Sample pages from the Cash Box '70s book: Cash Box Top 100 Charts: The Seventies

Yes 80smusicfreak that's exactly what I mean. Figured maybe if enough forum members request it, RR would respond. It's sad to see that little Music Vendor/Record World issues exist. It was important magazine and should be preserved and shared with the public.

aaronk
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 03 April 2016 at 7:14am | IP Logged Quote aaronk

Ah, my mistake. Carry on...

Back to Top View aaronk's Profile Search for other posts by aaronk Visit aaronk's Homepage

Paul Haney
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 03 April 2016 at 1:16pm | IP Logged Quote Paul Haney

I'd also like to see a Record World chart book! All I can say right now is that it's on our radar and perhaps we'll see it in the near future. Stay tuned...

Paul Haney
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 29 June 2016 at 3:57am | IP Logged Quote Paul Haney

The books just arrived this past Monday (6/27). All the back orders are being shipped this week! The sale price extends through the end of July.

Thanks to everybody here that ordered a copy!

Chartman
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 29 June 2016 at 12:09pm | IP Logged Quote Chartman

Paul Haney wrote:
I'd also like to see a Record World chart book! All I can say right now is that it's on our radar and perhaps we'll see it in the near future. Stay tuned...

Now that you have finished the flagship book - time for me to make my plea to publish a Record World/Music Vendor chart book.

If not possible, maybe consider having googlebooks digitize the entire magazine - or the William & Mary library (like they are doing with Cash Box) or have some library microfilm them. Such a valuable resource to us chart enthusiasts yet so unavailable...

Robert
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 30 June 2016 at 4:29pm | IP Logged Quote Robert

Waiting for the e-book edition. Printed version too heavy to lug around.
Back to Top View Robert's Profile Search for other posts by Robert

Underground Dub
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 30 June 2016 at 11:25pm | IP Logged Quote Underground Dub

Congrats, Paul! I'm excited to pore over my copy. :)
Back to Top View Underground Dub's Profile Search for other posts by Underground Dub

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version