Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Chat Board
 Top 40 Music on Compact Disc : Chat Board
Subject Topic: Rick James - "Cold Blooded" Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
80smusicfreak
MusicFan
MusicFan

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 06 October 2014 at 2:00am | IP Logged Quote 80smusicfreak

The original parent album for this top 40 hit is MIA from the on-line database. "Cold Blooded" was from the 1983 album of the same name, Cold Blooded. Although now long out-of-print, Cold Blooded was issued on CD here in the U.S. in 1990, on Motown 5468 (distributed by MCA). Photos on Discogs: RICK JAMES - "Cold Blooded" (U.S. CD) After PolyGram took over distribution of Motown a short time later, apparently they re-issued it through their system w/ an extended catalog no., on Motown 3746354682 (not sure if Pat would consider that one a separate release or not). Unfortunately, both versions are pretty tough to find today - don't have either myself...
Back to Top View 80smusicfreak's Profile Search for other posts by 80smusicfreak

budaniel
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 06 October 2014 at 7:09pm | IP Logged Quote budaniel

Cold Blooded is available on an import CD here
Back to Top View budaniel's Profile Search for other posts by budaniel Visit budaniel's Homepage

80smusicfreak
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 07 October 2014 at 4:32am | IP Logged Quote 80smusicfreak

Thanks for the tip, budaniel. Over the past week, I've been scouring all 233 listings of top 40 hits from 1983 that are shown in Pat's database, for a personal project. :-) Along the way, I've understandably come across several errors & omissions. My main purpose for these recent posts was to make Pat (and fellow board members) aware that these original parent albums do, in fact, exist on U.S. CD, even though they're not currently shown in the database. In turn, I hope that Pat will eventually track them down and add them, since they all belong. (In fact, I see he's already done just that w/ Information by Dave Edmunds - hope he doesn't feel I've given him too big a list over the last seven days, lol.) Granted, practically all of the U.S. editions I've mentioned are now out-of-print, and some are definitely hard to find; I imagine LRB's The Net and RJ's Cold Blooded will be the toughest (and most expensive). If I had any of those U.S. CDs myself, I'd certainly go ahead and provide actual timings for their top 40 hits here in my posts (so that perhaps Pat could add them to the db immediately), but unfortunately, this time around, I don't...
Back to Top View 80smusicfreak's Profile Search for other posts by 80smusicfreak

80smusicfreak
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 22 November 2014 at 9:12pm | IP Logged Quote 80smusicfreak

80smusicfreak wrote:
Unfortunately, both versions [of Cold Blooded] are pretty tough to find today - don't have either myself...

UPDATE: Just obtained a U.S. CD of Cold Blooded. It's the second (later) version manufactured & distributed by PolyGram circa 1993, on Motown 374635468-2. (As noted in my original post above, there was an earlier pressing from 1990 that was manufactured & distributed by MCA, on Motown MOTD-5468, and is the one shown in the photos on the Discogs page that I linked to.) So the PolyGram version does indeed exist, too, although I see that neither has been added to the db yet. If Pat wishes to add this one immediately, I can report that the title track has an actual time of (5:57)...

The Hits Man
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 23 November 2014 at 10:06am | IP Logged Quote The Hits Man

The "Cold Blooded", and all the other Rick James
remasters are available as lossless downloads on Quboz,
and will be available on Pono in January.

I can see the day when lossless downloads could be
included in the database. They are the same as a ripped
CD, or better.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version