Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Chat Board
 Top 40 Music on Compact Disc : Chat Board
Subject Topic: Pure Prairie League Let Me Love...Tonight Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
crapfromthepast
MusicFan
MusicFan

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 30 March 2014 at 12:43pm | IP Logged Quote crapfromthepast

For the search engine: Pure Prairie League, "Let Me Love You Tonight", a top 10 single in 1980 featuring a young Vince Gill singing lead.

The best-sounding disc I heard was Rhino's Radio Daze Vol. 3 (1995). Unfortunately, it has its left and right channels swapped. It's easiest to tell using the short drum fills at 0:42 - they should go right, then left. If you manually swap left and right, you'll be set.

There's a different analog transfer for Time-Life's 2-CD Body Talk Vol. 7 Hearts In Motion (1996), and two discs that use the same analog transfer as Body Talk:
  • Madacy's Rock On 1980 Too Hot (1998; absolute polarity inverted, fade a second or two shorter)
  • Time-Life's 2-CD Singers And Songwriters Vol. 13 1979-1989 (2001; digitally identical)
The above three have correct left/right channels. All sound pretty good, too, if you don't have Radio Daze.

Edited by crapfromthepast on 30 March 2014 at 8:23pm

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version