Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Chat Board
 Top 40 Music on Compact Disc : Chat Board
Subject Topic: Michael Jackson - Don’t Stop Til You Get Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
aaronk
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 17 August 2012 at 6:19pm | IP Logged Quote aaronk

Here's a discovery that I'm surprised nobody has yet unearthed. (Or maybe it has been brought up but I just missed it.) There exists a "DJ Reservice" promo copy of "Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough" by Michael Jackson that contains the "Short Version With Rap" b/w "Long Version With Rap."

The "Short Version With Rap" contains the spoken intro, has a printed time of 3:55 and an actual time of 4:12.

The "Long Version With Rap" appears to be the same as the commercial 45, running an actual 5:52 with a printed time of 5:45.

The first-issued promo 45 simply says "Short Version" on one side, and it begins with the "ooooooh" just before the drums kick in. The printed time is also 3:55, while the actual time is 3:58.

The flip-side of the first-issued promo, which says "Long Version," appears to be identical to the commercial 45, too. Printed time is 5:45, and I can time it if anyone would like me to. The beginning and fade out sound the same as the commercial 45 to me, though.

Edited by aaronk on 17 August 2012 at 6:20pm

Back to Top View aaronk's Profile Search for other posts by aaronk Visit aaronk's Homepage

aaronk
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 17 August 2012 at 10:38pm | IP Logged Quote aaronk

It should also be noted that the 3:55 version on "Number Ones" is NOT THE CORRECT DJ 45 EDIT! This is an unsuccessful attempt at re-creating the DJ edit.

Pat, you will probably want to make note of this in the database.

The editing mistake I noticed is at 2:42. The actual promo 45 has the edit just before the quick snare hit, which is followed by a kick drum and Michael singing "Loving / is the feeling now."

The "Number Ones" CD has the edit on the kick drum, making it sound like Michael is singing "Hoving / is the feeling now." (The "H" sound comes from the word "heartbreak" in the verse that follows the bridge/guitar solo.)

Edited by aaronk on 17 August 2012 at 11:12pm

Back to Top View aaronk's Profile Search for other posts by aaronk Visit aaronk's Homepage

waldo
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 18 August 2012 at 4:09am | IP Logged Quote waldo

interesting. i'd love to hear the "Short Version With Rap". that version is mentioned
in this cool COOL blog - my favourite actually at the
moment. i'm always looking at it.

http://mjofficialversions.blogspot.fr/

Edited by waldo on 18 August 2012 at 4:18am
Back to Top View waldo's Profile Search for other posts by waldo

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version