Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Chat Board
 Top 40 Music on Compact Disc : Chat Board
Subject Topic: "Somebody to Love" - Justin Bieber... Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Todd Ireland
MusicFan
MusicFan

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 19 May 2012 at 6:57pm | IP Logged Quote Todd Ireland

I have Justin Bieber featuring Usher's "Somebody to Love" on the various artists CD Now That's what I Call Music 35 which has a run time of 3:37. Interestingly, this is :11 longer than the two other database appearances of the remix with Usher showing the run time at 3:26. Does anyone know what accounts for this timing discrepancy?
Back to Top View Todd Ireland's Profile Search for other posts by Todd Ireland

PopArchivist
MusicFan
MusicFan

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 12 April 2020 at 12:57pm | IP Logged Quote PopArchivist

Todd,

I believe the remix is what got played on the radio, that has a time of 3:39. Which brings up an interesting question...Usher was never credited in the US with being on the single (or was he?). NOW 35 credits him clearly and its called a remix. The 3:26 on Raymond v Raymond is not the remix. I just listened to it and has Usher as the lead vocals and Justin as being the one in the background....

This explains why it is titled "Remix" on Justin's album and the Now 35 release in the US.

On a side note Usher appears to remain uncredited, support being found on the 12 inch. Yet the rest of the world has Usher on the track credited. So which is it? There does not appear to be a CD release of the track as a single in the US on discogs.

So should Usher be included as a featured artist? In Whitburn's annual book he is not credited. Also the annual leaves out that the hit version is [Remix]. Usher's album version was not the hit version. Only the one on Bieber's album was.

https://www.discogs.com/Justin-Bieber-Somebody-To-Love/relea se/2708269

Edited by PopArchivist on 12 April 2020 at 1:13pm

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version