Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Chat Board
 Top 40 Music on Compact Disc : Chat Board
Subject Topic: dave matthews promo cd singles Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
edtop40
MusicFan
MusicFan

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 14 January 2006 at 5:35pm | IP Logged Quote edtop40

anyone know if any of dave matthews top 40 airplay songs from the 90's........(1-what would you say, 2-ants marching, 3-too much, 4-crash into me).......where issued as promo cd singles.........if you have any info/data on any of these promo cd singles, please post them here........

aaronk
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 14 January 2006 at 11:53pm | IP Logged Quote aaronk

Ed, they were all issued as promo singles. Although I don't have any of them, I have copies of the lead tracks from each one. The first two you list are just LP versions. "Too Much" has the "edit" version which runs (3:54). "Crash Into Me" also has an edit that runs (4:17).

I can say for sure that "Too Much" is a straight edit of the LP version. I don't have the LP version of "Crash"; however, I've heard the LP version several times, and upon listening to it, something sounds different than the "edit" I have. They may have mixed something different toward the end of the song, although I've never A/B'd them to be sure.
Back to Top View aaronk's Profile Search for other posts by aaronk Visit aaronk's Homepage

aaronk
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 14 January 2006 at 11:57pm | IP Logged Quote aaronk

Since we're on the subject...

"Satellite" -- has two different edits; one ends cold & one fades; cold ending run time is (4:14)
"So Much To Say -- edit runs (3:07)
"Stay (Wasting Time)" -- LP edit & remix edit both run (4:32)
"Crush" -- edit runs (4:10)
Back to Top View aaronk's Profile Search for other posts by aaronk Visit aaronk's Homepage

eric_a
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 20 January 2006 at 9:59am | IP Logged Quote eric_a

If you're interested, I A/B'd "Crush" today and made my own edit from the album version. Here are the cuts:

1-Cut from :01.5 to :06.6 in the bass intro
2-Cut from end of first verse (1:08.6) to "Yeah" in a later chorus (2:12.2)
3-Cut within violin solo, from 3:51.2 to 4:03.9
4-After the cuts, end your edit around 4:09 and fade starting at 3:53. Season to taste.

Back to Top View eric_a's Profile Search for other posts by eric_a

aaronk
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 07 September 2007 at 12:30am | IP Logged Quote aaronk

Does anyone own or have access to the "Satellite" promo CD? Thanks to our resident promo CD expert, Jim, I was able to verify the "Radio Version/Cold" edit, which he had on a Hitmakers disc. Does anyone have the "Radio Version/Fade" edit?

By the way, the cold-ending version is just the album version with the first :35 edited off. The rest is the same.

Also, since I'm on the subject, RCA issued a second promo CD for "Ants Marching," which was a 4-track promo (RDJ-64457). In addition to the tracks on the more common 3-track promo, it also has a radio edit with a printed time of (3:33). Anyone know what was chopped out of this version?

For anyone interested in Dave Matthews Band promos, here's a very comprehensive site with scanned artwork for most of DMB's existing promos: http://www.dmbdiscography.com/uspromo.htm

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version