Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Chat Board
 Top 40 Music on Compact Disc : Chat Board
Subject Topic: LMFAO - Party Rock Anthem Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Steve Sharp
MusicFan
MusicFan

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 29 August 2011 at 11:05am | IP Logged Quote Steve Sharp

(Spun off from the Now 39 thread)

Can anyone help me track down the "updated radio edit" of "Party Rock Anthem"? I heard it on XM/Sirius over the past several days and I believe it will work better for me.
Back to Top View Steve Sharp's Profile Search for other posts by Steve Sharp Visit Steve Sharp's Homepage

Steve Sharp
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 02 September 2011 at 6:33am | IP Logged Quote Steve Sharp

no one? :(

The song is edited but not overdubbed on Now 39. Far as I can tell I'm looking for a version that's only been on a promo CD single.
Back to Top View Steve Sharp's Profile Search for other posts by Steve Sharp Visit Steve Sharp's Homepage

Todd Ireland
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 12 May 2012 at 10:15am | IP Logged Quote Todd Ireland

I'm trying to pull together a list of all official radio edits/versions of LMFAO featuring Lauren Bennett and GoonRock's "Party Rock Anthem" since a number of them are played on Top 40 radio.

Although not currently listed in the database, mainrhythm mentioned in another thread that there is a promo digital single release listed as "Radio Edit" and has an actual run time of 3:53. He points out this is different from the single/album version in that it cuts off the first 14.7 seconds and chops the outro in half from 64 beats to 32. Based on this description, this radio edit appears on the Now 39 CD (Capitol 95753) (although the song's fadeout on this disc is truncated).

There is also the "Updated Radio Edit" Steve Sharp has been looking for. Aaron pointed out in a previous thread that the overdubbed phrase "shake that" is repeated several times during the first breakdown to mask several seconds of silence that would otherwise exist at that point. Yet, if I'm not mistaken, the repeated "shake that" overdub also appears on the single/album version as well. So if that's accurate, then what am I missing as far as the difference(s) between the "Updated Radio Edit" and the single/album version? Meanwhile, I could swear I've heard at least one version of "Party Rock Anthem" on the radio were there are several seconds of total silence after the first breakdown.

Also, one of my local Top 40 stations regularly plays an even more heavily edited version in which the opening verses are sung only once (as opposed to twice on the single/album version) and the ultra-hyper synthesizer bridges are cut in half. The outro is also edited like on the aforementioned "Radio Edit". Is this an official promo single version, or perhaps an in-house station edit?

Finally, do all versions of this song electronically distort the word "hoes" during the lyric "I'm running through these hoes like Drano"? I've yet to run across an uncensored version of this lyric and am wondering if one even exists?

Edited by Todd Ireland on 12 May 2012 at 10:22am
Back to Top View Todd Ireland's Profile Search for other posts by Todd Ireland

aaronk
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 07 November 2012 at 1:07am | IP Logged Quote aaronk

Todd, the updated version has the "shake that" vocal echoing at a
much louder volume, and it repeats several more times. You are right
that the regular version also has an echo, but it drops in volume quickly
and doesn't repeat as many times. The ending reverb is also slighty
different, and I think there are some added "whoosh" effects on the
updated version.

I have also not ever heard a version with the word "hoes" uncensored.

Back to Top View aaronk's Profile Search for other posts by aaronk Visit aaronk's Homepage

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version