Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Chat Board
 Top 40 Music on Compact Disc : Chat Board
Subject Topic: Looks like everyone got an iPod for Xmas Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Brian W.
MusicFan
MusicFan

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 04 January 2006 at 8:02pm | IP Logged Quote Brian W.

The Billboard charts reflecting the week following Christmas are out, and there was a MASSIVE surge in downloads... For the first time ever, SoundScan registered over 100,000 downloads in one week for a single song... But the thing is, EVERY song in the top ten had over 100,000 downloads!

Laffy Taffy was the winner with an incredible 175,267 copies sold that week, propelling it to #1 on the Hot 100.

And "Gold Digger" became the third million-selling download in history, following Gwen Stefani's "Hollaback Girl" and Kelly Clarkson's "Since U Been Gone."
Back to Top View Brian W.'s Profile Search for other posts by Brian W.

Brian W.
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 22 February 2006 at 4:39pm | IP Logged Quote Brian W.

Didn't take long after the post-Christmas iPod rush for another single to sell over 100,000 in a week. James Blunt's "You're Beautiful" has scanned over 100,000 three weeks in a row. It sold over twice what Beyonce's "Check On It" did last week, but "Check On It" will still likely be #1 this week because of airplay. It'll be very close.

For anyone who cares, thanks to downloads, ten different singles have become million-sellers in 2005 and 2006, more than there were during the previous FIVE YEARS. They are:

Hollaback Girl - Gwen Stefani
Since U Been Gone - Kelly Clarkson
Gold Digger - Kanye West featuring Jamie Foxx
Beverly Hills - Weezer
My Humps - Black Eyed Peas
Boulevard of Broken Dreams - Green Day
Mr. Brightside - Killers
Photograph - Nickelback
Sugar, We're Goin' Down - Fall Out Boy
Don't Cha - Pussycat Dolls (combined downloads and CD singles makes over a million)

At the rate James Blunt is going, his single should pass a million within 3 to 4 weeks.

Edited by Brian W. on 22 February 2006 at 7:38pm

Todd Ireland
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 22 February 2006 at 6:22pm | IP Logged Quote Todd Ireland

Brian:

I've been watching James Blunt's run toward the top of the Billboard Hot 100 with "You're Beautiful" and am dying to see a bonafide pop single make it to #1. Radio airplay has been so heavily skewed toward hip-hop/rap over the past five years that it's become nearly impossible for a song from any other music genre to reach the top of the Hot 100 (unless the song is performed by an American Idol winner). Last week, "You're Beautiful" was #19 on the Airplay chart. If the song can crack the Top 15 in airplay, I think it makes #1 on the Big Chart!
Back to Top View Todd Ireland's Profile Search for other posts by Todd Ireland

Brian W.
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 22 February 2006 at 10:17pm | IP Logged Quote Brian W.

Chart's out. Sigh. Not this week. "Check On It" still #1. Maybe next week.

Brian W.
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 01 March 2006 at 3:11pm | IP Logged Quote Brian W.

Todd, you got your wish. "You're Beautiful" will be #1 on the Hot 100 next week, the first time since Clay Aiken that a pop song has hit #1.

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_ content_id=1002114268

It was close, too:

James
Hot 100 Airplay: 55.95 million
Digital Sales (X2): 195.92
Total: 251.87

Beyonce
Hot 100 Airplay: 139.88 million
Digital Sales (X2): 102.51
Commercial Single (X2): 8.37
Total: 250.76

Difference: 1.11

Blunt also jumps from No. 16 to No. 11 in Hot 100 Airplay. Soundscan has monitored 881,882 downloads of the single so far, 97,961 this week alone.

Todd Ireland
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 01 March 2006 at 10:48pm | IP Logged Quote Todd Ireland

Brian:

Yeah, I'm stunned to FINALLY see a pop song actually grace the #1 spot on the Hot 100 again. But it amazes me that even with close to 100,000 downloads and a #11 placement on the Airplay chart that "You're Beautiful" still only manages to eak out the top spot by the absolute slimmest of margins.

The stay at #1 for James Blunt may very well be a brief one though as "So Sick" by Ne-Yo will have its first full week of download sales tallied toward the Hot 100 next week. Combined sales and airplay points will make that song a serious challenger for #1.

Edited by Todd Ireland on 01 March 2006 at 10:48pm
Back to Top View Todd Ireland's Profile Search for other posts by Todd Ireland

Brian W.
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 07 June 2006 at 2:41pm | IP Logged Quote Brian W.

I had to post this. Some of you may know that Shakira's record label has been withholding her song "Hips Don't Lie" from release as an individual download, waiting until airplay peaked to try to get a high charter on the Hot 100.

Well, their strategy worked: the pent-up demand for a single has led to a massive 266,664 downloads of the song on this week's chart! The previous record holder for most downloads in a single week was Laffy Taffy at 175,267, but that was the week after Christmas, when everyone was testing out their new iPods.

This will certainly place "Hips Don't Lie" at #1 on the Hot 100, making it the Latin diva's first #1 hit.

Brian W.
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 04 January 2008 at 3:08am | IP Logged Quote Brian W.

Two years on from my starting this thread, it seems incredible that I was impressed at "Laffy Taffy" selling 175,000 downloads during the post-Christmas week in 2005.

This year, the #1 download for the same week sold 467,000! What's more, every single in the top ten on Hot Digital Songs sold over 200,000!

At least 49 songs peaking in 2007 sold -- or clearly will sell -- over a million copies. SouljaBoy's smash "Crank That" is about to cross the three million mark, making it the biggest-selling download so far. And Fergie's latest hit "Clumsy" just became her fifth million-selling single from her solo debut, making her the first artist to achieve such a feat.

Here is a list (certainly incomplete) of all the million-selling downloads I know of to date, compiled from SoundScan figures and RIAA certs. They're roughly in peak-date order.

Catalog

Sweet Home Alabama - Lynyrd Skynyrd
Don't Stop Believin' – Journey

Lose Yourself – Eminem

1.100 Years – Five for Fighting
2.Yeah! - Usher feat. Ludacris & Lil Jon
3.She Will Be Loved - Maroon 5
4.Let's Get It Started - Black Eyed Peas
5.1, 2 Step - Ciara
6.Boulevard of Broken Dreams - Green Day

1.Somebody Told Me – The Killers
2.Since U Been Gone - Kelly Clarkson
3.Mr. Brightside - Killers
4.Beverly Hills - Weezer
5.Hollaback Girl - Gwen Stefani
6.Feel Good Inc. - Gorillaz
7.Bless the Broken Road – Rascal Flatts
8.We Belong Together- Mariah Carey
9.Don't Cha - Pussycat Dolls
10.Pon De Replay - Rhianna
11.You and Me - Lifehouse
12.Sugar We're Goin' Down - Fall Out Boy
13.Gold Digger - Kanye West
14.Photograph - Nickelback
15.My Humps - Black Eyed Peas
16.Run It! - Chris Brown

1.Dance, Dance - Fallout Boy
2.Dirty Little Secret - All -American Rejects
3.Grillz - Nelly
4.Check on It - Beyonce feat. Slim Thug
5.You're Beautiful - James Blunt
6.Temperature - Sean Paul
7.Unwritten - Natasha Bedingfield
8.Everytime We Touch - Cascada
9.Jesus Take the Wheel - Carrie Underwood
10.Bad Day - Daniel Powter (2 million)
11.Move Along - All American Rejects
12.What Hurts the Most - Rascal Flatts
13.Dani California - Red Hot Chili Peppers
14.SOS - Rihanna
15.Over My Head (Cable Car) - The Fray
16.Ridin’ - Chamillionaire
17.Promiscuous - Nelly Furtado
18.Hips Don’t Lie - Shakira
19.Unfaithful – Rihanna
20.Life is a Highway - Rascal Flatts
21.Ain’t No Other Man - Christina Aguilera
22.Crazy - Gnarls Barkley
23.Crazy Bitch – Buckcherry
24.Waiting on the World to Change - John Mayer
25.Buttons - Pussycat Dolls
26.London Bridge - Fergie
27.I Write Sins Not Tragedies - Panic! At the Disco
28.Sexyback - Justin Timberlake (2 million)
29.Far Away - Nickelback
30.Chasing Cars - Snow Patrol
31.Money Maker - Ludacris
32.How to Save a Life - The Fray (2 million)
33.Lips of an Angel - Hinder
34.Boston – Augustana
35.Smack That - Akon (2 million)
36.Welcome to the Black Parade - My Chemical Romance
37.My Love - Justin Timberlake
38.It Ends Tonight - All American Rejects
39.Fergalicious - Fergie (2 million)
40.I Wanna Love You
41.Irreplaceable - Beyonce (2 million)

1.We Fly High - Jim Jones
2.This Ain’t a Scene, It’s an Arms Race - Fall Out Boy
3.Say It Right - Nelly Furtado
4.It’s Not Over - Daughtry
5.The Sweet Escape - Gwen Stefani (2 million)
6.Walk It Out - Unk
7.Cupid’s Chokehold - Gym Class Heroes
8.What Goes Around…Comes Around - Justin Timberlake
9.Snow (Hey Oh) - Red Hot Chili Peppers
10.Not Ready to Make Nice – Dixie Chicks
11.This is Why I’m Hot - Mims
12.Don’t Matter - Akon
13.Glamorous - Fergie (2 million)
14.If Everyone Cared – Nickelback
15.Before He Cheats - Carrie Underwood (2 million)
16.Girlfriend - Avril Lavigne (2 million)
17.Give It to Me - Timbaland
18.What I've Done - Linkin Park
19.Face Down - The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus
20.U + Ur Hand - P!nk
21.Makes Me Wonder - Maroon 5
22.Buy U a Drank (Shawty Snappin’) - T -Pain featuring Yung Joc
23.Thnks fr th Mrmrs - Fall Out Boy
24.Home - Daughtry
25.Party Like a Rockstar - Shop Boyz
26.Umbrella - Rihanna (2 million)
27.Rehab - Amy Winehouse
28.Hey There Delilah - Plain White T’s (2 million)
29.Big Girls Don’t Cry (Personal) - Fergie (2 million)
30.Bartender – T-Pain
31.Beautiful Girls - Sean Kingston
32.The Way I Are - Timbaland featuring
33.Stronger – Kanye West (2 million)
34.The Great Escape – Boys Like Girls
35.Crank That – Soulja Boy Tell 'Em (2 million)
36.Rockstar – Nickelback (close to 2 million)
37.How Far We've Come – Matchbox Twenty
38.Bubbly – Colbie Caillat
39.Cyclone – Baby Bash feat. T-Pain
40.Kiss Kiss – Chris Brown
41.Apologize – Timbaland feat. OneRepublic (2 million)
42.No One – Alicia Keys (close to 2 million)
43.Low – Flo Rida (close to 2 million)
44.Paralyzer – Finger Eleven
45.Teardrops on My Guitar – Taylor Swift
46.Clumsy – Fergie
47.*Ayo Technology – 50 Cent feat. Justin Timberlake (over 950,000)
48.*Who Knew – Pink (around 950,000)
49.*Shut Up and Drive – Rihanna (over 950,000)

Edited by Brian W. on 04 January 2008 at 3:13am

Brian W.
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 19 February 2009 at 4:29am | IP Logged Quote Brian W.

Holy crap! For anyone who hasn't heard, the new Flo Rida single "Right Round" has sold an unprecented 636,000 downloads in its debut week! The only time we've seen numbers even approaching these has been the week following Christmas, when everyone was using their iTunes gift cards and new iPods. Unbelievable.

Incidentally, the RIAA certified 82 Platinum (million-selling) digital singles in 2008. That's the most certified million-sellers in one year, ever -- more than the 72 certified at the previous peak year of 1979 and the 71 in 1978.

Seems it's time for the RIAA to upgrade Platinum to two million and Gold back to a million, like it was up until 1989.

Hykker
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 19 February 2009 at 6:38am | IP Logged Quote Hykker

OK I'll bite. As a middle-aged guy who lives in a market with no CHR, what is "Laffy Taffy" Title? Artist? I didn't notice it on the list of top-selling singles.

Guess I'm getting old...at best I only knew maybe 40% of the listed million sellers (though I recognized most of the artists).

Edited by Hykker on 19 February 2009 at 11:23am
Back to Top View Hykker's Profile Search for other posts by Hykker

eriejwg
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 19 February 2009 at 8:23am | IP Logged Quote eriejwg

Looking back at the tracks that got downloaded so much 3 years ago, it begs a question. As a mobile entertainer, we always want to have the 'hits' as we do events.

In the last 5-10 years, it amazes me how short the life span of a song is. Laffy Taffy was HUGE 3 years ago, yet I haven't had a request for it in 2 years. In fact, that original list Brian posted from 2006 would probably send some people to their seats if played today at an event.

Music that's 15-35 years and older seems to have stood the test of time. Anyone have thoughts?
Back to Top View eriejwg's Profile Search for other posts by eriejwg Visit eriejwg's Homepage

AndrewChouffi
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 19 February 2009 at 9:29am | IP Logged Quote AndrewChouffi

To John [eriejwg]:

Yes, I have thoughts.

Before the Telecom act of 1996 there were less super-serving formats on radio. More radio stations played a wider variety of hit *sounds*.

A wider demographic (& psychographic) actually HEARD the hit records. In a mobile DJ setting people generally need to KNOW the song to respond favorably (I.E. dance).

With today's niche formats a HUGE format hit (say Buckcherry's "Crazy Bitch") isn't even known by the people who only listen to, say, the Top-40, Adult Top-40, AC, Rhythmic, Urban, Country & AAA formats!

Same thing with a huge Rhythmic or Urban hit; the people that listen to Alternative & Active Rock formats don't get a chance to even hear the song. So unless one's spouse or family member blasts a different format of radio in the house, people tend not to seek out the sounds they don't normally prefer.

In the year 1967 for example, all Top-40 listeners HEARD "Light My Fire", "To Sir With Love" & "Respect".

Songs rarely reach critical mass these days, except within their own boundaries.

Andy

Back to Top View AndrewChouffi's Profile Search for other posts by AndrewChouffi

bwolfe
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 19 February 2009 at 10:00am | IP Logged Quote bwolfe

Comparing 1967 to today is rather tough.
Today's CHR is far from mass appeal.
Its become a niche itself.
I'm not sure how much the Telecom act had on the format, but even at that time the CHR became polarizing.
"Crack A Bottle" had a huge amount of downloads just last week.
Because of its horrendous subject matter its only played at night on most CHR's.
Although if you heard it you wouldn't want your kids listening to that rubbish even at night when the majority of listeners are kids.
The fact that had a large amount of downloads really mean it was a "hit" in the original sense of the word?

The picture is extremely blurry these days.
I agree with eriejwg music from the last ten years or so has very little lasting value to anyone.

Hykker
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 19 February 2009 at 11:20am | IP Logged Quote Hykker

Agreed. Radio formats were already fragmenting before 1996, the Telcom act may have accellerated the process, but the trend was already in place. I'd say the rock world was the first to see this in the early 80s when alternative rock hit the scene. For the most part, the crowd that was into Journey, Pink Floyd, Led Zep and all didn't much care for these new acts, and vice versa. And it snowballed from there.

As far as the shorter shelf life of music today, could it be that music just isn't as important to Gen Y as it was to the boomers and Gen X'ers? What once was the soundtrack to our lives has become disposable background music. Witness the popularity of relatively lo-fi mp3's.
Different generation, different culture. To them having a permanent music collection is as foreign as texting, Facebook, etc. is to me.
Back to Top View Hykker's Profile Search for other posts by Hykker

torcan
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 19 February 2009 at 3:58pm | IP Logged Quote torcan

eriejwg wrote:

In the last 5-10 years, it amazes me how short the life span of a song is. Laffy Taffy was HUGE 3 years ago, yet I haven't had a request for it in 2 years. In fact, that original list Brian posted from 2006 would probably send some people to their seats if played today at an event.

Music that's 15-35 years and older seems to have stood the test of time. Anyone have thoughts?

Agreed. Most of the people I know seem to love the '70s and '80s. There's not too much love for today's hits - for the most part, they're very forgettable.

For the most part, the music industry has lost me as a customer. Just about all the music I get now are older vinyl records from e-bay or record shows. There's hardly anything current that I buy. I even stopped reading Billboard 5 years ago (should have stopped sooner as those old issues take up too much room), but I still keep up with the charts online.

I'd eventually love to convert my whole collection to computer and do some DJ work focusing mainly on older tunes. Not sure how feasable that is though...
Back to Top View torcan's Profile Search for other posts by torcan

AndrewChouffi
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 20 February 2009 at 1:55am | IP Logged Quote AndrewChouffi

To Hykker:

Regarding your statement "Radio formats were already fragmenting before 1996, the Telcom act may have accellerated the process, but the trend was already in place" that, of course, is absolutely correct.

The reason why the Telecom Act, I believe, put the 'final nails in the coffin' and is so relevent to (eriejwg) John's question is because after that point if any radio station listener requested an out-of-format hit, the DJ could say something like "just tune in to our sister station WXXX if you like that song" because soon enough most radio chains soon had their bases covered musically.

Prior to that, with more radio station owners in each market, at least many of the absolute biggest records were heard on many peoples' favorite stations out of necessity. For example major Prince cuts like "When Doves Cry" were played on many AOR [rock] stations because they were undeniable and the station owners did not necessarily own a CHR or Urban station in the market to guide a Prince fan to. If Eminem's aforementioned "Crack A Bottle" hit came out in, say 1985, Rock formats probably would have played the song in at least light rotation - to prevent fans of Eminem migrating to another owners' station.

Andy

Back to Top View AndrewChouffi's Profile Search for other posts by AndrewChouffi

Gary
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 21 February 2009 at 6:26pm | IP Logged Quote Gary

Hykker wrote:
OK I'll bite. As a middle-aged guy who lives in a market with no CHR, what is "Laffy Taffy" Title? Artist? I didn't notice it on the list of top-selling singles.

Guess I'm getting old...at best I only knew maybe 40% of the listed million sellers (though I recognized most of the artists).

Laffy Taffy is the title of a song by the group D4L.
Back to Top View Gary's Profile Search for other posts by Gary

RichM921
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 21 February 2009 at 9:13pm | IP Logged Quote RichM921

Hykker wrote:
As far as the shorter shelf life of music today, could it be that music just isn't as important to Gen Y as it was to the boomers and Gen X'ers? What once was the soundtrack to our lives has become disposable background music. Witness the popularity of relatively lo-fi mp3's.
Different generation, different culture. To them having a permanent music collection is as foreign as texting, Facebook, etc. is to me.

Oh I would have to disagree. As someone who has the opportunity to work with many teenagers, I am always seeing them either hooked up to an IPOD or with music blaring out of their cell phone. Music is equally important, if not more so, to this generation than any other. The difference is that now music is no longer a shared experience with boom boxes and hi-fi systems, it is a personal one with "ear buds." As a result, not all kids like the same music anymore like they did 20,30,40 years ago. Music itself though is still very important.

As for the quality issue, MP3s can still sound good, even if it doesn't match that of a CD. But the portability can't be beat. Heck, at some point most of us chose to buy a cassette or 8-track knowing full well that it wouldn't sound as good as the LP.
Back to Top View RichM921's Profile Search for other posts by RichM921

Brian W.
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 20 January 2011 at 3:49pm | IP Logged Quote Brian W.

In the 1/15 issue of Billboard, Paul Grein states that the list of digital singles that have sold over 2 million copies is now up to 205. The folks at Pulse Music Board (who like to keep track of such things) actually count 206. Here is the list for anyone who's interested:

3OH!3 DON'T TRUST ME
AKON DON'T MATTER
AKON RIGHT NOW (NA NA NA)
AKON FEAT SNOOP DOGG I WANNA LOVE YOU
AKON FEATURING EMINEM SMACK THAT
ALICIA KEYS NO ONE
ALL-AMERICAN REJECTS DIRTY LITTLE SECRET
ALL-AMERICAN REJECTS GIVES YOU HELL
ALL-AMERICAN REJECTS MOVE ALONG
AVRIL LAVIGNE GIRLFRIEND
B.O.B. FEATURING BRUNO MARS NOTHIN' ON YOU
B.O.B. FEATURING HAYLEY WILLIAMS AIRPLANES
BABY BASH FEATURING T-PAIN CYCLONE
BEYONCE HALO
BEYONCE IF I WERE A BOY
BEYONCE IRREPLACABLE
BEYONCE SINGLE LADIES(PUT A RING ON IT)
BLACK EYED PEAS BOOM BOOM POW
BLACK EYED PEAS I GOTTA FEELING
BLACK EYED PEAS IMMA BE
BLACK EYED PEAS LET'S GET IT STARTED
BLACK EYED PEAS MEET ME HALFWAY
BLACK EYED PEAS MY HUMPS
BON JOVI LIVIN' ON A PRAYER
BRITNEY SPEARS 3
BRITNEY SPEARS CIRCUS
BRITNEY SPEARS WOMANIZER
BRUNO MARS GRENADE
BRUNO MARS JUST THE WAY YOU ARE
BUCKCHERRY CRAZY BITCH
CARRIE UNDERWOOD BEFORE HE CHEATS
CASCADA EVERYTIME WE TOUCH
CHRIS BROWN FOREVER
CHRIS BROWN KISS KISS
CHRIS BROWN WITH YOU
COLBIE CAILLAT BUBBLY
COLDPLAY CLOCKS
COLDPLAY VIVA LA VIDA
DANIEL POWTER BAD DAY
DAUGHTRY HOME
DAUGHTRY IT'S NOT OVER
DAVID GUETTA FEATURING AKON SEXY BITCH
DRAKE BEST I EVER HAD
DRAKE FEATURING KANYE WEST & LIL WAYNE FOREVER
EMINEM LOSE YOURSELF
EMINEM NOT AFRAID
EMINEM FEAT RIHANNA LOVE THE WAY YOU LIE
ENRIQUE IGLESIAS FEATURING PITBULL I LIKE IT
ESTELLE AMERICAN BOY
FALL OUT BOY SUGAR, WE'RE GOIN DOWN
FALL OUT BOY THNKS FR TH MMRS
FAR EAST MOVEMENT LIKE A G6
FERGIE BIG GRLS DON'T CRY
FERGIE CLUMSY
FERGIE FERGALICIOUS
FERGIE GLAMOROUS
FERGIE LONDON BRIDGE
FINGER ELEVEN PARALYZER
FLO RIDA RIGHT ROUND
FLO RIDA FEATURING DAVID GUETTA CLUB CAN'T HANDLE ME
FLO RIDA FEATURING T-PAIN LOW
GNARLS BARKLEY CRAZY
GORILLAZ/DE LA SOUL FEEL GOOD INC
GREEN DAY BOULEVARD OF BROKEN DREAMS
GUNS N' ROSES SWEET CHILD O' MINE
GWEN STEFANI HOLLABACK GIRL
GWEN STEFANI FEATURING AKON THE SWEET ESCAPE
HINDER LIPS OF AN ANGEL
ISRAEL KAMAKAWIWO'OLE SOMEWHERE OVER THE RAINBOW
IYAZ REPLAY
JAMES BLUNT YOU'RE BEAUTIFUL
JAMIE FOXX FEATURING T-PAIN BLAME IT
JASON DERULO IN MY HEAD
JASON DERULO RIDIN' SOLO
JASON DERULO WHATCHA SAY
JASON MRAZ I'M YOURS
JAY SEAN FEATURING LIL WAYNE DOWN
JAY-Z FEAT ALICIA KEYS EMPIRE STATE OF MIND
JAY-Z FEATURING MR. HUDSON YOUNG FOREVER
JAY-Z, RIHANNA & KANYE WEST RUN THIS TOWN
JOHN MAYER SAY
JOHN MAYER WAITING ON THE WORLD TO CHANGE
JORDIN SPARKS NO AIR
JORDIN SPARKS TATTOO
JOURNEY DON'T STOP BELIEVIN'
JUSTIN BIEBER ONE TIME
JUSTIN BIEBER FEATURING LUDACRIS BABY
JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE SEXYBACK
JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE WHAT GOES AROUND
KANYE WEST HEARTLESS
KANYE WEST LOVE LOCKDOWN
KANYE WEST STRONGER
KANYE WEST FEATURING JAMIE FOXX GOLD DIGGER
KATY PERRY CALIFORNIA GURLS
KATY PERRY FIREWORK
KATY PERRY HOT N COLD
KATY PERRY I KISSED A GIRL
KATY PERRY TEENAGE DREAM
KE$HA WE R WHO WE R
KE$HA YOUR LOVE IS MY DRUG
KE$HA FEATURING 3OH!3 BLAH BLAH BLAH
KELLY CLARKSON MY LIFE WOULD SUCK WITHOUT YOU
KELLY CLARKSON SINCE U BEEN GONE
KERI HILSON FEATURING KANYE WEST KNOCK YOU DOWN
KESHA TIK TOK
KEVIN RUDOLF FEATURING LIL' WAYNE LET IT ROCK
KID CUDI DAY 'N' NITE
KILLERS MR. BRIGHTSIDE
KINGS OF LEON USE SOMEBODY
KINGS ON LEON SEX ON FIRE
LADY ANTEBELLUM NEED YOU NOW
LADY GAGA ALEJANDRO
LADY GAGA BAD ROMANCE
LADY GAGA LOVEGAME
LADY GAGA PAPARAZZI
LADY GAGA POKER FACE
LADY GAGA FEATURING BEYONCE TELEPHONE
LADY GAGA FEATURING COLBY O'DONNIS JUST DANCE
LEONA LEWIS BLEEDING LOVE
LIFEHOUSE YOU AND ME
LIL' WAYNE LOLLIPOP
LINKIN PARK NEW DIVIDE
LINKIN PARK WHAT I'VE DONE
LUDACRIS HOW LOW
LYNYRD SKYNYRD SWEET HOME ALABAMA
M.I.A. PAPER PLANES
MADONNA 4 MINUTES
MAROON5 MAKES ME WONDER
MATCHBOX TWENTY HOW FAR WE'VE COME
METRO STATION SHAKE IT
MICHAEL JACKSON BILLIE JEAN
MICHAEL JACKSON THRILLER
MIKE POSNER COOLER THAN ME
MILEY CYRUS PARTY IN THE U.S.A.
MILEY CYRUS SEE YOU AGAIN
MILEY CYRUS THE CLIMB
NATASHA BEDINGFIELD POCKETFUL OF SUNSHINE
NATASHA BEDINGFIELD UNWRITTEN
NELLY JUST A DREAM
NELLY FURTADO PROMISCUOUS
NELLY FURTADO SAY IT RIGHT
NICKELBACK FAR AWAY
NICKELBACK GOTTA BE SOMEBODY
NICKELBACK PHOTOGRAPH
NICKELBACK ROCKSTAR
ONEREPUBLIC STOP AND STARE
OWL CITY FIREFLIES
P!NK RAISE YOUR GLASS
PANIC! AT THE DISCO I WRITE SINS NOT TRAGEDIES
PARAMORE MISERY BUSINESS
PINK SO WHAT
PITBULL I KNOW YOU WANT ME
PLAIN WHITE T'S HEY THERE DELILAH
PUSSYCAT DOLLS BUTTONS
PUSSYCAT DOLLS DON'T CHA
PUSSYCAT DOLLS WHEN I GROW UP
QUEEN BOHEMIAN RHAPSODY
QUEEN WE WILL ROCK YOU
RASCAL FLATTS BLESS THE BROKEN ROAD
RASCAL FLATTS LIFE IS A HIGHWAY
RASCAL FLATTS WHAT HURTS THE MOST
RAY J & YUNG BERG SEXY CAN I
RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS DANI CALIFORNIA
RED JUMPSUIT APPARATUS FACE DOWN
RIHANNA DISTURBIA
RIHANNA DON'T STOP THE MUSIC
RIHANNA ONLY GIRL (IN THE WORLD)
RIHANNA RUDE BOY
RIHANNA SOS
RIHANNA TAKE A BOW
RIHANNA FEATURING JAY-Z UMBRELLA
SARA BAREILLES LOVE SONG
SEAN KINGSTON BEAUTIFUL GIRLS
SEAN KINGSTON FIRE BURNING
SEAN PAUL TEMPERATURE
SHAKIRA FEATURING WYCLEF JEAN HIPS DON'T LIE
SHINEDOWN SECOND CHANCE
SHOP BOYZ PARTY LIKE A ROCKSTAR
SNOW PATROL CHASING CARS
SOULJA BOY CRANK THAT(SOULJA BOY)
SOULJABOY'TELLEM FEATURING SAMMI KISS ME THRU THE PHONE
SURVIVOR EYE OF THE TIGER
T.I. WHATEVER YOU LIKE
T.I. FEATURING JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE DEAD AND GONE
T.I. FEATURING RIHANNA LIVE YOUR LIFE
TAIO CRUZ DYNAMITE
TAIO CRUZ FEATURING LUDACRIS BREAK YOUR HEART
TAYLOR SWIFT LOVE STORY
TAYLOR SWIFT OUR SONG
TAYLOR SWIFT TEARDROPS ON MY GUITAR
TAYLOR SWIFT YOU BELONG WITH ME
THE FRAY HOW TO SAVE A LIFE
THE FRAY OVER MY HEAD(CABLE CAR)
THE FRAY YOU FOUND ME
TIMBALAND APOLOGIZE
TIMBALAND THE WAY I ARE
T-PAIN FEATURING YUNG JOC BUY YOU A DRANK (SHAWTY SNAPPIN')
TRAIN HEY, SOUL SISTER
TRAVIE MCCOY FEATURING BRUNO MARS BILLIONAIRE
TREY SONGZ FEATURING NICKI MINAJ BOTTOMS UP
USHER DJ GOT US FALLIN' IN LOVE
USHER FEATURING LIL JON & LUDACRIS YEAH!
USHER FEATURING WILL.I.AM OMG
USHER FEATURING YOUNG JEEZY LOVE IN THIS CLUB
YOUNG MONEY BEDOCK
ZAC BROWN BAND CHICKEN FRIED

Fetta
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 28 January 2011 at 8:07am | IP Logged Quote Fetta

I have a few questions about about constitutes a digital download:

1) Are all downloads sites looked at (i.e. i-tunes, Rhapsody, 7digital, etc.)?

2) If a site like Rhapsody is included, does it take into consideration those who purchase the unlimited downloads per month package vs. just purchasing a single track?

3) What if someone purchase the entire album with a particular song on it.... Does that constitute a digital single sale?

-Jeff

Edited by Fetta on 28 January 2011 at 11:40am
Back to Top View Fetta's Profile Search for other posts by Fetta

Page of 2 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version