Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Chat Board
 Top 40 Music on Compact Disc : Chat Board
Subject Topic: Paul Simon "Loves Me Like A Rock" Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Bill Cahill
MusicFan
MusicFan

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 24 February 2011 at 6:01pm | IP Logged Quote Bill Cahill

I just picked up the DJ copy of Paul Simons' "Loves Me Like A Rock". The stereo side matches the stock 45 with a label time of 3:32 but a run time of 3:28. However, the mono side has a label and run time of 3:22. It's a unique mono mix, in that the first line of the song has almost no reverb while the stereo side and stock version has plenty. The main reason for the time difference is that the mono version is sped up significantly. Plus the fade point is different, the stereo 45 has a long fade that takes forever to end, starting around 2:49, while the mono version starts around 2:57 and doesn't fade for nearly as long.
Back to Top View Bill Cahill's Profile Search for other posts by Bill Cahill

Yah Shure
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 02 March 2011 at 9:07pm | IP Logged Quote Yah Shure

Thanks, Bill; I always appreciate your mono DJ 45 findings. I'd assumed that the 3:22 time listed on the mono side was a typo. Lesson learned. :)     
Back to Top View Yah Shure's Profile Search for other posts by Yah Shure

80smusicfreak
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 17 December 2014 at 1:21am | IP Logged Quote 80smusicfreak

Attn: Pat. Was looking up some Paul Simon hits in the on-line db yesterday, and discovered a typo in the listings. His first hits collection was of course Greatest Hits, Etc., released on Columbia 35032 in 1977. It was also one of the earliest CDs released here in the U.S., available briefly from about 1984-86, before being deleted when his Columbia catalog switched to Warner Brothers. Therefore, the CD is fairly rare today...

Anyway, while you have his hits "American Tune", "50 Ways to Leave Your Lover", and "Slip Slidin' Away" all listed under the correct catalog no. of "35032" for Greatest Hits, Etc., it seems that "Mother and Child Reunion", "Me and Julio Down by the Schoolyard", "Kodachrome", and "Loves Me Like a Rock" are all erroneously shown under catalog no. "35042", thus resulting in dual listings for the album's contents, both of which are incomplete...
Back to Top View 80smusicfreak's Profile Search for other posts by 80smusicfreak

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version