Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Chat Board
 Top 40 Music on Compact Disc : Chat Board
Subject Topic: Stevie woods "Steal the night" Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
rnell
MusicFan
MusicFan

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 11 June 2010 at 8:00pm | IP Logged Quote rnell

Wounded Bird is apparently releasing next July (according to Amazon) 3 albums from Stevie Woods originally released in the early 80s including "Take me to your heaven" with the Top 40 hits "Steal the night" and "Just can't win'em all" not available on CD in the US.
Back to Top View rnell's Profile Search for other posts by rnell

jimct
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 12 June 2010 at 1:14am | IP Logged Quote jimct

Thanks a million for the heads-up, Rnell!!! I also credit Wounded Bird. For years, they alone have identified a niche of finally making available a straightforward, no extra-bells-and-whistles, "we'll probably sell a few thousand" version of LPs on CD. Always at a fair price, and always from tape, not vinyl. Unfortunately, the database doesn't have a feature such as "recently released on domestic CD for the first time" on it. And while I don't fault Pat in the least for this (and he does provide some new CD release "reviews"), I personally struggle to acquire/obtain info of this nature very much. Without this Board, many of the more recent catalog CD releases (that I always buy immediately upon release) would've certainly gotten past me (and others as well) I'm sure. So, Rnell (and anyone else keeping a careful eye out for things like this), keep posting!   :)
Back to Top View jimct's Profile Search for other posts by jimct

Steve Sharp
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 13 June 2010 at 2:34pm | IP Logged Quote Steve Sharp

As I recall, one of these albums contains Stevie's original version of "Through The Years", which would later become a huge hit by Kenny Rogers.
Back to Top View Steve Sharp's Profile Search for other posts by Steve Sharp Visit Steve Sharp's Homepage

EdisonLite
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 13 June 2010 at 4:11pm | IP Logged Quote EdisonLite

I didn't even know anyone recorded "Through the Years" before Kenny Rogers. It's hard to imagine Stevie even recording that song.

And btw, I have to agree with Jim on the greatness of Wounded Bird Records. Some people complain that their CDs don't include liner notes or any real remastering, but I'm just so glad someone's willing to release these albums on CD when no other label seems willing to do so.
Back to Top View EdisonLite's Profile Search for other posts by EdisonLite Visit EdisonLite's Homepage

Steve Sharp
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 17 June 2010 at 12:16pm | IP Logged Quote Steve Sharp

Here's the Discogs page for "Take Me To Your Heaven", which I have on vinyl.

http://www.discogs.com/Stevie-Woods-Take-Me-To-Your-Heaven/r elease/2144405
Back to Top View Steve Sharp's Profile Search for other posts by Steve Sharp Visit Steve Sharp's Homepage

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version