Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Chat Board
 Top 40 Music on Compact Disc : Chat Board
Subject Topic: Dirty Cash by Adventures of Stevie V Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
jimmydead
MusicFan
MusicFan

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 29 May 2010 at 8:06pm | IP Logged Quote jimmydead

So the LP version for this song (well, there were 2 actually) was known as the "Sold Out" Mix and ran over 7 minutes. The 45 version was 4 mins long. Was the 45 version simply an edit of the "Sold Out" Mix? Or was it a completely different mix? I ask cause iTunes is selling a 7" edit of both the "Sold Out" mix and the "Dime & Dollar Mix". According to the database, the 45 version is only available on Techno Dance Classics vol 1. So just trying to figure out if I need to track down this CD or if I can just buy the 45 version on iTunes. Thanks

Nathan

ps. long time user of the db but new to the message board! hello all!
Back to Top View jimmydead's Profile Search for other posts by jimmydead

eriejwg
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 30 May 2010 at 10:28am | IP Logged Quote eriejwg

I have the 'Sold Out Mix Edit' on a TM Century disc and it times out to 3:56. Is that the same length as what's on iTunes?
Back to Top View eriejwg's Profile Search for other posts by eriejwg Visit eriejwg's Homepage

Todd Ireland
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 30 May 2010 at 11:53am | IP Logged Quote Todd Ireland

Welcome to the board, Nathan! Though I no longer have the cassette single, I do remember that it contained both the "Sold Out Edit Mix" and the "Dime & Dollar Mix Edit". They were two different mixes, but the "Sold Out Edit Mix" was the version I recall always hearing on the radio and I believe it is just an edit of the "Sold Out" album version (though I haven't done a direct comparison to be sure).

Does anyone recall the "Dime & Dollar Mix" getting any airplay?
Back to Top View Todd Ireland's Profile Search for other posts by Todd Ireland

jimmydead
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 30 May 2010 at 12:57pm | IP Logged Quote jimmydead

thanks guys!

the version on iTunes runs 4:03 so I'm gonna assume that this is probably the 'normal' 45 version - or at least the one that got the airplay.

Unfortunately, iTunes doesn't have Stevie V's other charted hit "Jealousy" so I may have to buy his cd to get that song.

I know it didn't make the Top 40, but do you know if there was a different 45 version of this song?

The commercial 45 appears to have had "Rap version" and "no rap version" on the A&B sides.

The 12" single had 5 mixes - one of them was called "7" VERSION W/RAP".

Thanks again!

Nathan
Back to Top View jimmydead's Profile Search for other posts by jimmydead

jimct
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 25 August 2010 at 8:20pm | IP Logged Quote jimct

We got in two different promo CD singles for this song back in 1990, and here are all the details, including many large differences between the listed & actual times. FYI, we played the "Sold Out Mix Edit" aka "Sold Out Mix - 7" Edit" on-air as a current:

-Adventures Of Stevie V--"Dirty Cash (Money Talks)" (CDP 269)
1-Sold Out Mix Edit (listed 4:16; actual 4:02)
2-Sold Out Mix (listed 8:04; actual 7:32)

-Adventures Of Stevie V--"Dirty Cash (Money Talks)" (CDP 295)
1-Dime & Dollar Mix - 7" Edit (listed 4:43; actual 3:50)
2-Sold Out Mix - 7" Edit (listed 4:16; actual 4:02)
3-Dime & Dollar Mix (listed 7:43; actual 7:24)
4-Sold Out Mix (listed 8:04; actual 7:32)
Back to Top View jimct's Profile Search for other posts by jimct

Todd Ireland
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 11 September 2011 at 9:35pm | IP Logged Quote Todd Ireland

Ed reported to me a while back that his cassette single copy of Adventures of Stevie V's "Dirty Cash (Money Talks)" features the "Sold Out Mix Edit" and has an actual run time of 4:01. This was considered the official single version.

I believe the "Dime & Dollar Mix" also appeared on the cassette single B-side, but I don't have any run time info for it.

edtop40
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 12 September 2011 at 9:08am | IP Logged Quote edtop40

todd, you are correct.....my commercial cassingle issued as mercury 875802 contains, on the B-side, the "dime and dollar mix edit" with a listed run time on the cassingles face of 3:58, but actually runs 3:52 on my tape deck......cassingles tend to run fast so i cannot verify that the true run time of the song is 3:52....

Edited by edtop40 on 12 September 2011 at 9:10am

Todd Ireland
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 12 September 2011 at 7:40pm | IP Logged Quote Todd Ireland

Thanks, Ed. The timing info you provided for the "Sold Out Mix Edit" on the A-side of your cassette single closely resembles the actual run time on Jim's promo CD single, so I'd say it would be reasonable in this case to conclude that your 3:52 time for the "Dime and Dollar Mix" on your cassette single B-side is probably very close to the correct time as well (though since we always strive on this forum to be as close to 100% accuracy as possible, it would be great if we could get timing input from anyone else who might have a copy of the "Dirty Cash (Money Talks)" cassette single).

By the way, I would also like to point out that the song's ending is truncated on my copy of the Techno Dance Classics Volume 1 - Pump Up the Jam various artists CD (Priority 53770).

Edited by Todd Ireland on 12 September 2011 at 7:47pm

torcan
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 13 September 2011 at 2:08pm | IP Logged Quote torcan

Just out of curiosity: has anyone ever seen a US 45 of this song? Billboard indicated in its charts that one existed in 1990, and Mercury was still issuing most of their hits on 45 at the time. The follow-up "Jealousy" was on a 45 and that was a much lower-charting hit. It would be surprising if they just didn't do one for this song.
Back to Top View torcan's Profile Search for other posts by torcan

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version