Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Chat Board
 Top 40 Music on Compact Disc : Chat Board
Subject Topic: Destiny’s Child Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 11 December 2005 at 10:48pm | IP Logged Quote Moderator

After reviewing the new #1's cd from Destiny's Child, it is obvious that I need some help from others that have the 45 versions of most of their hits to help explain the different running times that appear on #1's. So if anyone is up for the task, check my brand new entries for the Destiny's Child hits and let me know what description I should add for each song.

Brian W.
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 12 December 2005 at 12:38am | IP Logged Quote Brian W.

This is all I know:

Bills Bills Bills - US commercial CD single used the full 4:16 Album version, with short snippets of three other songs as the remaining three tracks.

Bootyticious - US commercial CD single used the the 3:27 Album Version, with the second track being the 6:06 Richard Vission V-Quest mix.

Independent Woman - I've only got the import of this (there was no domestic CD single), and it says it's the album version of Part 1 for the lead-off track.

I've got most of the others somewhere, but can't seem to locate them at the moment.
Back to Top View Brian W.'s Profile Search for other posts by Brian W.

aaronk
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 12 December 2005 at 7:29am | IP Logged Quote aaronk

I don't have #1s to check the versions on there, but to add to Brian's comments...

"Independent Women" -- The LP version is on the US promo CD single. Perhaps #1s is faded early? On iTunes, it lists "edit" next to the song. I have never seen an edit of this song released elsewhere.

"No No No Part II" -- discussed in the other thread, but my conclusion is "remixed" on #1s (based on the iTunes song snippet) since it is not the LP version or any of the mixes included on the commercial CD single(s). This version is an edit of the "extended version."

"Bug A Boo" -- promo single uses the LP version; don't know if there was a commercial single in the US.

"Say My Name" -- US CD-maxi has LP version as lead track; promo single has LP version. Don't know where the shorter version on #1s came from. (iTunes lists "edit" next to the song.)

"Jumpin' Jumpin'" -- US CD-maxi has LP version as lead track; promo single has LP version.

"Survivor" -- CD-maxi has "Remix Extended Version" as the lead track; promo single has LP version. I don't know if a 2-track single was commercially available. Also, I'm not sure where the short version on #1s came from. (iTunes lists "edit" next to the song.)

"Lose My Breath" -- There is an official "Radio Edit" that runs (3:32), as I have seen it but don't own it. My Promo Only series has this edit, and I think it might have only been released as a promo. The version on #1s is probably the (3:32) dj edit.

"Soldier" -- The version on my Promo Only series cd runs (4:04) and is available on the promo single. My research shows that 2-track and CD-maxi singles were commercially available in the US, and they both list "album version" as the lead track. (Please correct me if these are import singles.) My conclusion is that #1s has the dj edit.
Back to Top View aaronk's Profile Search for other posts by aaronk Visit aaronk's Homepage

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version