Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Chat Board
 Top 40 Music on Compact Disc : Chat Board
Subject Topic: Cliff Richard - A Little In Love Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
NightAire
MusicFan
MusicFan

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 10 March 2010 at 1:09am | IP Logged Quote NightAire

This might be of interest to some:

Both of the CD sources for Cliff Richard - A Little In Love listed in the database contain the 45 version.

The LP version runs approximately 3:40.

To edit the LP version to the 45 length (if you have an import CD with the album version & not one with the 45 edit, I guess!) there's one edit, 2:44 - 2:59, right on the beat as the words, "you are!" are sung.

The 45 edit may fade about :06 seconds earlier than the album version; I'm working with CD copies of the single and the album versions so I can't guarantee times to the vinyl originals. My version came out to 3:20.

To my knowledge, the album version is only available on import CDs, I'm sure the result of Cliff's massive popularity in the U.K. while he's almost considered a one-hit wonder in the States.

I hope this helps someone!

Owasso, Oklahoma USA
Back to Top View NightAire's Profile Search for other posts by NightAire Visit NightAire's Homepage

Jody Thornton
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 11 March 2010 at 7:32am | IP Logged Quote Jody Thornton

I really enjoy that song. I was reading your Genesis - "Tonight..." post and thinking about how sometimes I perform edits from memory. I did just that in this case with Cliff Richard, where I used the upbeat snare right after the "you are" that you mention. Mine aren't sloppy though - I'm a good little editor (patting myself on the head)....lol.

On one case with Genesis' "No Reply At All", I thought I remembered hearing the refrain before the last verse edited out (perhaps on the radio in 1981). So what I did was take the drum and horns at 1:49 - 1:52, and repeated them the second time at 2:42. I actually was proud of it, and I really prefer the edit to the 45. But I understand it's not a genuine recreation.

Back to Top View Jody Thornton's Profile Search for other posts by Jody Thornton Visit Jody Thornton's Homepage

crapfromthepast
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 11 March 2010 at 7:51am | IP Logged Quote crapfromthepast

Jody - You probably knew there was a 12" promo for "No Reply At All". Here's info:

NO REPLY AT ALL (Long/Short Version) - Genesis
Taken from A/B-sides of Atlantic 12" PR 404, 1981 (printed 4:37/4:00)
Actual run times are 4:37/3:56.
Back to Top View crapfromthepast's Profile Search for other posts by crapfromthepast Visit crapfromthepast's Homepage

NightAire
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 11 March 2010 at 8:18am | IP Logged Quote NightAire

What made the edit so painfully obvious on the Cliff Richard tune is that when putting it into an editor alongside the album version, it is a perfect sync UNTIL that beat when suddenly there's a ping-pong effect between the 45 & album versions. :)

Listening to the 45 by itself you might not pick it up... with a metronome, it's VERY clear.

Owasso, Oklahoma USA
Back to Top View NightAire's Profile Search for other posts by NightAire Visit NightAire's Homepage

edtop40
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 13 October 2011 at 1:42pm | IP Logged Quote edtop40

my commercial 45 issued as emi america 8068 for the cliff richard song "a little in love" states the run time on the label as 3:23 and does indeed run that length and is slightly sped up and longer than the so called 45 version listed on the below cd

(S) (3:21) Razor & Tie 2039 Collection 1970-1994 (45 version)

if it's a clean edit as nightaire says, then the true 45 can be had by editing the full length album version and then upping the pitch.....does anyone have the ablum version that they could sne me a wave file of to compare?

Edited by edtop40 on 13 October 2011 at 1:43pm

abagon
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 15 October 2011 at 8:21pm | IP Logged Quote abagon

The actual LP running is (3:40), the listed time is "3:38" on the record label. (title "I'm No Hero" EMI America SW-17039)

There's no run time info for the LP in the db. Please add it to the db.
Also in the vinyl material, the 45 version is slightly faster than the edit of the LP version.

--abagon
Back to Top View abagon's Profile Search for other posts by abagon

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version