Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Chat Board
 Top 40 Music on Compact Disc : Chat Board
Subject Topic: Chirpy Chirpy Cheep Cheep Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Pat Downey
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 04 March 2010 at 6:25pm | IP Logged Quote Pat Downey

Comparing the 45 of Chirpy Chirpy Cheep Cheep by Mac & Katie Kissoon with the stereo version found on Hard To Find 45's On CD Vol. 11, I hear a remix with additional echo on the stereo version as well as a tambourine overdub tht you can hear on the instrumental introduction. Now this raises the question of whether there was a US stereo LP that perhaps featured this mix. Anyone have or even know if there was a US LP featuring this song?
Back to Top View Pat Downey's Profile Search for other posts by Pat Downey

AndrewChouffi
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 04 March 2010 at 8:59pm | IP Logged Quote AndrewChouffi

Hi Pat,

Sorry, can't answer your question, but here's what I do know.

This reverberated version has been out on a couple of import CDs in the past.

The stereo mix of the US single has been out on an ABC 'Goldies 45' reissue single which is dry & crisp, but overmodulated & pressed on asphalt. This mix I have yet to find on any CD, any country.

Andy

Back to Top View AndrewChouffi's Profile Search for other posts by AndrewChouffi

jimct
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 05 March 2010 at 10:24am | IP Logged Quote jimct

Pat Downey wrote:
...this raises the question of whether there was a US stereo LP that perhaps featured this mix. Anyone have or even know if there was a US LP featuring this song?
Pat, the answer is no. The duo's only U.S. LP wasn't released until 5 years later, in 1976 (on State/MCA). I have it, and it does not include "Chirpy...". Furthermore, Todd Ireland has previously done extensive research on this song. He happened to share his findings with me a while back, and they concur with Andy's above.

Edited by jimct on 05 March 2010 at 10:31am
Back to Top View jimct's Profile Search for other posts by jimct

Hykker
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 07 March 2010 at 4:59pm | IP Logged Quote Hykker

I have 2 45s of this. The original ABC11306 with a listed time of 2:50 (actual 2:24) and a reissue on MCA 2780 (b/w "Does Your Chewing Gum Lose Its Flavor") with a listed time of 2:50, actual 2:54. This reissue is on vinyl, with good sound quality (though it does sound a tad more distorted than the ABC copy though I wouldn't call it "overmodulated" like Andy's reissue single.

They both sound like the same mix to me, both are in mono. The ABC version has an edit, but a slightly longer fade (which ends very abruptly). The MCA version has a repeated "where's your mama gone..." verse which is not on the ABC version, the song fades during this verse as opposed to the "oooh whee chirpy chirpy cheep cheep" chorus on the ABC single.

I could have sworn I had a third copy of the song with the extra verse and an extended fade of the "ooh whee" chorus, but I couldn't find it.
Back to Top View Hykker's Profile Search for other posts by Hykker

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version