Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Chat Board
 Top 40 Music on Compact Disc : Chat Board
Subject Topic: Nelly, P. Diddy - Shake Ya Tailfeather Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
aaronk
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 31 May 2009 at 6:12am | IP Logged Quote aaronk

Does anyone know the catalog number of the US promo CD with the clean radio edit of "Shake Ya Tailfeather" by Nelly, P. Diddy, and Murphy Lee?

I have a 2-track promo CD with catalog number UNIR21018-2. It has the following tracks:

1. Radio Edit (actual 4:57)
2. Instrumental (actual 4:45)

There are no times listed on the disc or insert. Also, even though track 1 is labeled "Radio Edit," I believe this is the uncensored LP version. At 1:57, Nelly says "shit."

I'm 99% sure there was a second US promo CD, because I have a dub of the song from my old radio station. It is a version that runs 4:01. On this version, Nelly's explitive is covered up with a police siren. This part comes at 1:47, though, since 10 seconds has been removed from an earlier part of the song.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Edited by aaronk on 06 May 2014 at 2:41pm

Back to Top View aaronk's Profile Search for other posts by aaronk Visit aaronk's Homepage

aaronk
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 31 May 2009 at 6:21am | IP Logged Quote aaronk

Sorry about the typo on the thread title!
Back to Top View aaronk's Profile Search for other posts by aaronk Visit aaronk's Homepage

aaronk
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 31 May 2009 at 6:28am | IP Logged Quote aaronk

As a follow up, I just pulled out my Promo Only CD with this track. It is labeled as having a time of 4:01, but it actually runs 4:57; however, there is a police siren covering up the "s" word at 1:57. This is probably the censored LP version that Pat references in the database.

Todd Ireland
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 31 May 2009 at 8:11am | IP Logged Quote Todd Ireland

Does the censored LP version contain police sirens during the intro for about :10? If so, this is the version I heard quite a bit on Top 40 stations here in Pittsburgh when the song was first released.
Back to Top View Todd Ireland's Profile Search for other posts by Todd Ireland

aaronk
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 31 May 2009 at 8:27am | IP Logged Quote aaronk

Actually, all versions, including the short 4:01 clean version start out with the chorus background vocals acapella (with heavy reverb) and the police sirens before the beat kicks in. The 4:01 version has the section from 0:18 to 0:29 edited out to shorten the intro.

Brian W.
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 31 May 2009 at 8:41am | IP Logged Quote Brian W.

aaronk wrote:
Does anyone know the catalog number of the US promo CD with the clean radio edit of "Shake Ya Tailfeather" by Nelly, P. Diddy, and Murphy Lee?

I have a 2-track promo CD with catalog number UNIR21018-2. It has the following tracks:

1. Radio Edit (actual 4:57)
2. Instrumental (actual 4:45)

There are no times listed on the disc or insert. Also, even though track 1 is labeled "Radio Edit," I believe this is the uncensored LP version. At 1:57, Nelly says "shit."

I'm 99% sure there was a second US promo CD, because I have a dub of the song from my old radio station. It is a version that runs 4:01. On this version, Nelly's explitive is covered up with a police siren. This part comes at 1:47, though, since 10 seconds has been removed from an earlier part of the song.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

My promo, which is UNIR21018-2, appears to mistakenly label the full LP version as "Radio Edit" as well.
Back to Top View Brian W.'s Profile Search for other posts by Brian W.

Todd Ireland
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 31 May 2009 at 9:20am | IP Logged Quote Todd Ireland

aaronk wrote:
Actually, all versions, including the short 4:01 clean version start out with the chorus background vocals acapella (with heavy reverb) and the police sirens before the beat kicks in. The 4:01 version has the section from 0:18 to 0:29 edited out to shorten the intro.

Yep, that's the intro, Aaron. You just explained it better than I did!
Back to Top View Todd Ireland's Profile Search for other posts by Todd Ireland

aaronk
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 01 June 2009 at 11:40am | IP Logged Quote aaronk

Jim was kind enough to pass along some info on the additional promo CD. Universal/Motown released a CD-R promo with a listed and actual time of (4:02), labeled "Clean Radio Edit." The disc does not contain a catalog number. Thanks, Jim!

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version