Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Chat Board
 Top 40 Music on Compact Disc : Chat Board
Subject Topic: "Indestructible" - Four Tops Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Todd Ireland
MusicFan
MusicFan

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 03 October 2008 at 11:02pm | IP Logged Quote Todd Ireland

Abagon has brought up a curious situation regarding the Four Tops' "Indestructible".... He informs me the song is missing the first :04 of the 45 intro on his Japanese CD pressing of The Summer Olympics: One Moment in Time. I have the U.S. CD pressing on Arista 8551 where "Indestructible" runs 4:30 and the intro is fully intact. I also have the song on the Back on My Feet Again: Songs of Hope and Inspiration various artist CD (Repeat/Relativity 1688) which runs 4:28 and is exactly the same as the Summer Olympics disc but fades out slightly sooner.

What's interesting to note here is the database has the run time of "Indestructible" on the Summer Olympics CD at 4:26, which happens to be :04 shorter than on my CD copy! Pat, is it possible your pressing might be missing the first :04 like on abagon's Japanese pressing? The matrix number printed along the CD hub on my copy is W.O. 10610-5M.

Edited by Todd Ireland on 03 October 2008 at 11:06pm
Back to Top View Todd Ireland's Profile Search for other posts by Todd Ireland

Pat Downey
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 04 October 2008 at 7:22am | IP Logged Quote Pat Downey

Hmmm it looks like there are two different pressings of this cd as my copy is also missing the first :04 of the introduction. The matrix number on my cd is 8/88 10DA3.
Back to Top View Pat Downey's Profile Search for other posts by Pat Downey

Todd Ireland
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 05 October 2008 at 9:58am | IP Logged Quote Todd Ireland

Thanks, Pat. This song of course also first appeared on the CD Indestructible (Arista 8492) in 1988. I wanted to bring to your attention that the CD title in the database is currently mis-spelled as "Indestructable".
Back to Top View Todd Ireland's Profile Search for other posts by Todd Ireland

thecdguy
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 16 April 2020 at 6:51am | IP Logged Quote thecdguy

Is the 45 the same as the version that appears on the Summer Olympics CD which runs 4:30? And does anyone know if the version that appears on the Four Tops' album "Indestructible" is the same as what's on the Olympics CD? Also, the version on the Four Tops' 2004 Anthology is labelled as "7-Inch Extended Single", but it sounds like a different mix than the Olympics CD and runs 4:34. This is just a guess, but could that version be an edited mix of the longer "Extended Version" that appears on the promo CD single?

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version