Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Chat Board
 Top 40 Music on Compact Disc : Chat Board
Subject Topic: database problem Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
EdisonLite
MusicFan
MusicFan

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 02 September 2008 at 12:23am | IP Logged Quote EdisonLite

Pat, I'm having a problem that other people have had before (but my first time) where I get the error message that it thinks I'm already signed in on another computer.

So I did the obvious thing of turning off my computer and re-starting it, and when I got to your page and tried to log on, I still get the error message! So what can I do now to view the database?
Back to Top View EdisonLite's Profile Search for other posts by EdisonLite Visit EdisonLite's Homepage

aaronk
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 02 September 2008 at 1:57am | IP Logged Quote aaronk

You basically just have to wait about an hour, and then it will let you back in.

TIP: If this ever happens in the future, do not close your browser. Click the "back" button until you are at a page that has "Log Out" on the screen. Click "Log Out" and then log back in again.

I've found it will lock you out if you accidentally "double click" on certain links. For instance, clicking twice on the "New Search" link will cause this to happen.
Back to Top View aaronk's Profile Search for other posts by aaronk Visit aaronk's Homepage

EdisonLite
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 02 September 2008 at 10:20am | IP Logged Quote EdisonLite

Yes, I had clicked the "back" button until I was at a page that said "Log out" and I logged out -- I did this several times (it must have happened to me at least 10 times!) and the first 9 times, this worked. But the final time, it didn't. And even turning off my computer and restarting, didn't work!

And yes, I had double clicked on a certain link -- the "New search" link -- that caused it to initially happen! My computer was being slow and I didn't think I'd properly hit the link, so I hit the link again after about 10 seconds, and that causes the problem. So people, be aware of this situation.

And Pat, is there anything you can have your tech guy do so that if a person clicks that link twice, your system won't come to the conclusion that two people from two completely different computers are trying to access your database simultaneously, using the same login info?
Back to Top View EdisonLite's Profile Search for other posts by EdisonLite Visit EdisonLite's Homepage

995wlol
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 10 February 2011 at 11:51am | IP Logged Quote 995wlol

I have gotten the "simultaneous login" message numerous times in the 3 plus years I have subscribed to the database. Clicking the "back" button has not worked. I was locked-out a few minutes ago and do not expect I'll be able to login again for the rest of the day.

With all due respect, this really needs to be corrected. Please, is there any way to fix this issue, or at least allow users to force a logout so they can get back in?

Edited by 995wlol on 10 February 2011 at 12:00pm
Back to Top View 995wlol's Profile Search for other posts by 995wlol

edtop40
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 10 February 2011 at 12:25pm | IP Logged Quote edtop40

i couldn't agree more......there must be a reasonable solution...

aaronk
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 10 February 2011 at 8:28pm | IP Logged Quote aaronk

It definitely needs to be fixed, but there is one other workaround that you can try. Create your own "logout" shortcut/link/favorite. After you log out of the site, bookmark the address of the log out page. It should look something like this:

http://www.top40musiconcd.com/logOut.asp?userID=XXXX

except that your userID will be numbers instead of XXXXs.

Simply by going to that URL, the site should log you out. I've used this trick a few times, and it has worked for me whenever I couldn't get to a page with the log out link.
Back to Top View aaronk's Profile Search for other posts by aaronk Visit aaronk's Homepage

995wlol
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 11 February 2011 at 7:38am | IP Logged Quote 995wlol

aaronk wrote:
It definitely needs to be fixed, but there is one other workaround that you can try. Create your own "logout" shortcut/link/favorite. After you log out of the site, bookmark the address of the log out page. It should look something like this:

http://www.top40musiconcd.com/logOut.asp?userID=XXXX

except that your userID will be numbers instead of XXXXs.

Simply by going to that URL, the site should log you out. I've used this trick a few times, and it has worked for me whenever I couldn't get to a page with the log out link.

Great workaround tip, Aaron. Thanks for sharing!
Back to Top View 995wlol's Profile Search for other posts by 995wlol

MMathews
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 11 February 2011 at 11:57am | IP Logged Quote MMathews

Thanks to all for the above tips, that must be what happened to me last week, and a few times before.
I clicked "New Search" and i was then yelled at for logging in twice.
This glitch hasn't ruined my database experience or anything, but since I'm an occasional victim, i'd love to see that fixed too. :-)

-MM
Back to Top View MMathews's Profile Search for other posts by MMathews

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version