Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Chat Board
 Top 40 Music on Compact Disc : Chat Board
Subject Topic: "Love in Store" - Fleetwood Mac Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Todd Ireland
MusicFan
MusicFan

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 14 August 2008 at 10:56pm | IP Logged Quote Todd Ireland

The actual commercial 45 run time of Fleetwood Mac's "Love in Store" is 3:12. (Run time information is once again provided by one of our top commercial 45 experts, abagon). The stated time on the record label is 3:14.) I only report this info because database CD appearances of this song widely range from 3:10-3:21.
Back to Top View Todd Ireland's Profile Search for other posts by Todd Ireland

edtop40
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 01 January 2009 at 8:57pm | IP Logged Quote edtop40

i agree with the above comments....the actual vinyl 45's run time is 3:12.....the cd "very best of" is faded 0:02 early, and the cd "mirage" is 0:02 too long......if you fade the "mirage" cd version from 3:10-3:12 you'll re-create the true 45 version....

1983 - LOVE IN STORE   (the actual 45 running time is (3:12))
(S) (3:13) Warner Brothers 23607 Mirage   
(S) (3:21) Warner Brothers 45129 The Chain   
(S) (3:10) Reprise 73775 Very Best Of

THANKS JOHN

Edited by edtop40 on 01 January 2009 at 8:58pm

EdisonLite
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 01 January 2009 at 10:17pm | IP Logged Quote EdisonLite

Since the song comes from "Mirage" (3:13), is the 3:21 version on "The Chain" (which I assume is their box set) actually 8 seconds LONGER than the album/single version - or is the version on the "Mirage" CD simply faded 8 seconds earlier than what's on the "Mirage" LP?
Back to Top View EdisonLite's Profile Search for other posts by EdisonLite Visit EdisonLite's Homepage

80smusicfreak
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 25 October 2014 at 2:43am | IP Logged Quote 80smusicfreak

EdisonLite wrote:
Since the song comes from "Mirage" (3:13), is the 3:21 version on "The Chain" (which I assume is their box set) actually 8 seconds LONGER than the album/single version - or is the version on the "Mirage" CD simply faded 8 seconds earlier than what's on the "Mirage" LP?

Almost six years later, and while recently researching all of the top 40 hits in the db from 1983 - inc. "Love in Store" - I see that this song's only U.S. CD appearances to date remain the same three that edtop40 listed above...

I, too, noticed the extended length of this song on 1992's The Chain (Warner Brothers 45129), w/ no explanation in the db. I have the exact same questions that EdisonLite posted back in 2009, so I thought I'd bump this thread back to the top. Did anyone here ever look into this???
Back to Top View 80smusicfreak's Profile Search for other posts by 80smusicfreak

80smusicfreak
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 25 October 2014 at 10:59am | IP Logged Quote 80smusicfreak

80smusicfreak wrote:
Did anyone here ever look into this???

Hmmm, just researched this a bit further, and according to Discogs, the version of "Love in Store" that is found on the 1992 4-CD box set, The Chain, is, in fact, an "Alternate Mix" - so if true, I feel that a descriptor is warranted for this one in the db. Page for the U.S. edition of the box set on Discogs, stating that Track 9 on Disc 2 is an "Alternate Mix": FLEETWOOD MAC - "The Chain" (U.S. 4-CD box set)

In addition, I just realized that the condensed 2-CD version of this box set - titled The Chain (Selections from 25 Years) - which also included the "Alternate Mix" of "Love in Store" (Disc 1, Track 3), as well as many of the group's other classic top 40 hits, ISN'T listed in the on-line database at all! Although I don't have it myself, it supposedly came out here in the U.S. on Warner Brothers 45550. Page on Discogs: FLEETWOOD MAC - "The Chain (Selections from 25 Years)" (U.S. 2-CD set)

Edited to add: Note the condensed 2-CD version actually added their top 40 hit, "Hold Me", which WASN'T on the full 4-CD box set (as well as the song "Bermuda Triangle")!

Edited by 80smusicfreak on 25 October 2014 at 11:13am
Back to Top View 80smusicfreak's Profile Search for other posts by 80smusicfreak

Pat Downey
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 25 October 2014 at 4:08pm | IP Logged Quote Pat Downey

I am not so sure this 2 cd version of the Chain (selections from 25 years) was released in the US even though Discogs does give a catalog number of 45550. There is a European release with catalog number 45188 readily available on the internet but I cannot find this cd on the internet with catalog number 45550. Does anyone have this cd or can you find a copy on the internet?
Back to Top View Pat Downey's Profile Search for other posts by Pat Downey

80smusicfreak
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 27 October 2014 at 11:35pm | IP Logged Quote 80smusicfreak

Pat Downey wrote:
I am not so sure this 2 cd version of the Chain (selections from 25 years) was released in the US even though Discogs does give a catalog number of 45550. There is a European release with catalog number 45188 readily available on the internet but I cannot find this cd on the internet with catalog number 45550.

Before leaving my previous post, I, too, tried searching the 'net for additional (or at the very least, back-up) info on a U.S. edition of The Chain (Selections from 25 Years), and admittedly came up w/ little else, either. However, while the page on Discogs doesn't have any links w/ actual photos of the U.S. edition, I feel it does give the next best thing, lending some solid credibility to its existence. At the link I gave above, if you scroll down past the track listing, you'll see where it also says the following:

Notes
Comes in a cardboard slipcase box with a 64 pages booklet and a standard double-CD jewel case with a 8 pages foldable booklet.

Made in USA

Barcode and Other Identifiers
Barcode: 0 9362-45550-2 5
Matrix / Runout (Disc 1): 1 45550-2.1 SRC**02 M3S1
Matrix / Runout (Disc 2): 1 45550-2.2 SRC**02 M1S1

Based on the above info, clearly the person who supplied the details to Discogs on the U.S. release of the 2-CD set had one right in front of them. The fact that they told Discogs it said "Made in USA" and also gave the UPC (bar) code as well as the matrix info straight off the discs themselves is pretty strong evidence, IMO, as that's more info than is often supplied by the site's users for other releases. So the combination of those minute details, along w/ the fact that it had its own unique catalog no. (i.e., "45550") was what made me confident enough to mention it here on the chat board, despite the lack of any actual photos...

Yes, I did see that the U.K./European catalog no. was "45188", as Discogs also has pages for both the cassette & CD versions w/ that no. - and like you, while doing my on-line search, every CD version I could locate that gave a catalog no. or actual photos had the "45188" U.K./European no. I can only conclude that the U.S. edition w/ the "45550" no. was quite limited, thus making it pretty tough to find today...

Quote:
Does anyone have this cd or can you find a copy on the internet?

The closest I came was a current listing on eBay, from U.K.-based seller "mopezone", who claims in his auction description that his is actually a "USA" pressing (although he doesn't give a catalog no., and the pre-filled info supplied by eBay indicates the "45188" U.K./European no.). It's a used copy, and while he says the cardboard slipcase is "a bit battered", everything else (the two discs, jewel case, & booklet) are "in mint condition". Listing: FLEETWOOD MAC - "The Chain (Selections from 25 Years)" (U.S. 2-CD set?) I suppose your best bet would be to e-mail him about the catalog no., and if he says it's "45550", I'd say you're safe. :-) (On the other hand, if he says it's "45188", maybe you could press him on what makes him believe his is an American copy???) Hope it pans out...

Pat Downey
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 28 October 2014 at 7:43am | IP Logged Quote Pat Downey

In the listing by "mopezone" the catalog number (EAN) indicates 45188.

80smusicfreak
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 28 October 2014 at 12:09pm | IP Logged Quote 80smusicfreak

Pat Downey wrote:
In the listing by "mopezone" the catalog number (EAN) indicates 45188.

Yes - and that is what I was referring to in my last post when I said "the pre-filled info supplied by eBay indicates the '45188' U.K./European no." But sadly, eBay wasn't designed for detail-oriented collectors like us, and many sellers know that, too, because I'm constantly running across ones who say "ignore eBay's pre-filled info" in their own part of the auction description, or "ignore the shipping costs posted by eBay", etc. The fact is, over the years I've purchased dozens & dozens of CDs on eBay where it was obvious certain details in the pre-filled info didn't match the CD, simply because the photos of the actual item supplied by the seller proved it! However, in the case of "mopezone", all we have is a dreaded "Stock photo", so obviously, we can't go by that. Bottom line: I usually use the pre-filled info as a general guide only, and since the seller's claim in his own description is that his was "issued in the USA", this is definitely a situation where I'd e-mail the seller for clarification. W/o having photos of the actual item in his listing, I'm NOT trying to say his copy is definitively a "USA" pressing - "mopezone" could very well be mistaken, even though I'm hoping he's actually right... :-)

aaronk
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 28 October 2014 at 12:52pm | IP Logged Quote aaronk

I also have found no other evidence of a 2-disc USA pressing. I did, however, find a one-disc USA promo which also has selections from the box set.

Back to Top View aaronk's Profile Search for other posts by aaronk Visit aaronk's Homepage

Ringmaster_D
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 01 November 2014 at 5:29pm | IP Logged Quote Ringmaster_D

Hi all. I actually own the 2-disc USA pressing. I
bought it back in the day from Best Buy (remember when
they actually had a good selection of music?) Anyway,
the catalog number is 45550-2. The discs clearly state
"Made in USA, Mfg. by WEA Manufacturing"
Back to Top View Ringmaster_D's Profile Search for other posts by Ringmaster_D

Pat Downey
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 01 November 2014 at 6:32pm | IP Logged Quote Pat Downey

What is the complete UPC number so I can start searching the internet for this cd?

80smusicfreak
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 01 November 2014 at 8:06pm | IP Logged Quote 80smusicfreak

Thanks, Ringmaster_D! W/ all of the minute details given on Discogs, I was 95% certain it HAD to exist as a U.S. pressing. In fact, for anyone who still may not be convinced, there's actually a current eBay listing w/ tape 2 of the 2-cassette edition, and as you can see from the photos provided by the U.S. seller, it's clearly marked "Made in U.S.A.", on Warner Bros. 45550-4: FLEETWOOD MAC - "The Chain (Selections from 25 Years)" (U.S. cassette) It's still not too late to possibly grab the used 2-CD set currently being offered by U.K. seller "mopezone", which doesn't end until mid-day tomorrow (Sunday), now that we've confirmed a U.S. pressing does indeed exist - could be a missed opportunity!

Pat Downey wrote:
What is the complete UPC number so I can start searching the internet for this cd?

Actually, it's given on the Discogs page that I linked to above, Pat. I copied & pasted it into my post from 27 October:

80smusicfreak wrote:
Barcode and Other Identifiers
Barcode: 0 9362-45550-2 5

BTW, I saw your new note in the db next to Warner Brothers 45129 under the listings for "Love in Store" - glad we got to the bottom of this one!

Ringmaster_D
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 02 November 2014 at 9:04am | IP Logged Quote Ringmaster_D

I can confirm that 0 9362-45550-2 5 is the barcode of my
copy as well.

Edited by Ringmaster_D on 02 November 2014 at 9:05am
Back to Top View Ringmaster_D's Profile Search for other posts by Ringmaster_D

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic