Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Chat Board
 Top 40 Music on Compact Disc : Chat Board
Subject Topic: "I Found Somebody" - Glenn Frey Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Todd Ireland
MusicFan
MusicFan

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 05 August 2008 at 6:49pm | IP Logged Quote Todd Ireland

The actual commercial 45 run time of Glenn Frey's "I Found Somebody" is 3:59, not 3:50 as stated on the record label. (These timings are courtesy of abagon.) The song's two CD entries in the database runs 4:03-4:04, which suggests to me that the LP plays longer than the 45. Does anyone have the Glenn Frey parent LP No Fun Aloud from 1982 on Asylum who can report the run time of "I Found Somebody" on it?

Edited by Todd Ireland on 07 January 2009 at 11:38am
Back to Top View Todd Ireland's Profile Search for other posts by Todd Ireland

abagon
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 06 August 2008 at 12:40am | IP Logged Quote abagon

Thank you for your post, Todd, but this song title is "I Found Somebody".
Back to Top View abagon's Profile Search for other posts by abagon

Todd Ireland
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 06 August 2008 at 6:41am | IP Logged Quote Todd Ireland

Thank you for pointing this out, abagon. I've gone back and changed the song title from "I Found Someone" to "I Found Somebody" throughout my post. Given that Glenn Frey is a former member of the Eagles, my all-time favorite band, I feel ashamed for making this mistake!

jono
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 06 August 2008 at 1:25pm | IP Logged Quote jono

Todd -

My copy Of "I Found Somebody" by Glenn Frey on the LP "No Fun Aloud" does run 4:03 (or a fraction of a second over 4:03) by my timing. I don't have the 45 to compare, I'm afraid. I bought this album when it came out in 1982, and it is on Asylum.

Jon O.
Back to Top View jono's Profile Search for other posts by jono

80smusicfreak
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 06 August 2008 at 7:10pm | IP Logged Quote 80smusicfreak

Todd Ireland wrote:
Given that Glenn Frey is a former member of the Eagles...

"Former member"??? ;-)
Back to Top View 80smusicfreak's Profile Search for other posts by 80smusicfreak

Todd Ireland
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 06 August 2008 at 7:52pm | IP Logged Quote Todd Ireland

Well, I guess if we're going to be technical (and Lord knows I'm about as technical as they come!), then I suppose I could've stated Glenn Frey is a "former former member" given the Eagles recent studio album release and world tour. ;-) It literally seems to depend on the day anymore. But then again, it was Glenn himself who uttered the most memorable line when the band reunited for their famous Hell Freezes Over concert in 1994: "For the record, we never broke up, we just took a 14-year vacation".

80smusicfreak
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 07 August 2008 at 2:07pm | IP Logged Quote 80smusicfreak

Todd Ireland wrote:
Well, I guess if we're going to be technical (and Lord knows I'm about as technical as they come...

That was pretty much why your original statement jumped out at me, lol - and yes, I know most folks here can be quite technical, myself included... :-)

Based on your comment about the Eagles being your "all-time favorite band", I'd think you'd have the new "Long Road Out of Eden" CD (I don't, but have most of their '70s/early '80s albums) and perhaps even recently caught them on tour. :-) I've never seen them live myself, but would like to. Are they worth it???

Not to hijack this thread, but personally, I've been trying to take advantage of a lot of the recent reunions by classic '70s/'80s bands over the last couple of years. I was fortunate to catch groups like Motley Crue, The Police, Genesis, and Van Halen (w/ DLR) in concert last year, and have seen both Donna Summer and Crosby, Stills & Nash in the last couple of months. (Missed all of them back in their '70s/'80s heyday.) After all, most of these folks - including the members of the Eagles - are all in their 50s & 60s now, and won't be around forever. :-( Thank goodness I got to see (and in some cases, even meet) acts like the Ramones and Laura Branigan, among others, before it was too late...
Back to Top View 80smusicfreak's Profile Search for other posts by 80smusicfreak

Todd Ireland
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 08 August 2008 at 9:13pm | IP Logged Quote Todd Ireland

80smusicfreak wrote:
Based on your comment about the Eagles being your "all-time favorite band", I'd think you'd have the new "Long Road Out of Eden" CD (I don't, but have most of their '70s/early '80s albums) and perhaps even recently caught them on tour. :-) I've never seen them live myself, but would like to. Are they worth it???

I did indeed pick up the Eagles Long Road Out of Eden 2-CD set at my local Wal-Mart store the day it came out. I also saw two of the band's concerts during their Hell Freezes Over tour in '94 (one in Pittsburgh, where I spent most of the summer at an internship, and the other in Tacoma, Washington, where I attended college.) I became a HUGE die-hard fan of the Eagles' music in the late '80s while in 8th and 9th grade and promptly purchased their entire catalog on CD. Since I wasn't old enough to have been able to follow the band during their heyday in the '70s, I was ecstatic when the members reunited in the mid'-90s and naturally jumped at the opportunity to see them on tour. And though the Eagles' live shows aren't exactly flashy (they all pretty much stay put in one spot, except for guitarist Joe Walsh), it was such a thrill for me to see these guys performing together in person and I thought they still sounded fantastic together. Each performance I saw ran over three hours and the band played pretty much every song one could hope for, including some of Frey and Don Henley's solo material.

Paul Haney
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 09 August 2008 at 6:52am | IP Logged Quote Paul Haney

I was lucky enough to grow up during the Eagles 1970s heyday. In fact, the first-ever full-length album I bought was One Of These Nights back in 1975 at the age of 9 ($4.99 at Target). Still one of my favorite bands to this day.

One of my best concert memories was Don Henley in 1985 during his Building The Perfect Beast tour. I thought it was cool that he did "Hotel California". Years later I found out that one of his backing singers that night was a young Sheryl Crow! The best part was after the show, me and a couple of friends waited out by his bus and he actually came out and talked to us for about 15 minutes, even signed some autographs.
Back to Top View Paul Haney's Profile Search for other posts by Paul Haney

MCT1
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 11 August 2008 at 7:57am | IP Logged Quote MCT1

Paul Haney wrote:
the first-ever full-length album I bought was One Of These Nights back in 1975 at the age of 9 ($4.99 at Target).

That's funny -- the first-ever full-length album I bought was The Long Run, at age 9 in 1980. I still have it, but it suffered some water damage years ago (it was in an LP storage box that I left in a room which unfortunately turned out to have a leaky roof). The last time I actually tried to listen to it was probably about 20 years ago. At that point only one side of the record would play.

$4.99 sounds like a good deal for a new release in 1975. The original list price was probably $6.98. I don't remember where I got my copy of The Long Run or how much I paid for it, but I know I didn't get it at Target; Target didn't move into my area (Massachusetts) until about 10 years ago.     
Back to Top View MCT1's Profile Search for other posts by MCT1

edtop40
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 20 May 2011 at 5:55am | IP Logged Quote edtop40

my commercial 45 issued as asylum 47466 also states the run time as 3:50 but actually runs 4:02....run out groove etching is "ES 47466 A RE 15P"

abagon
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 20 May 2011 at 8:36am | IP Logged Quote abagon

I re-timed my commercial 45. and checked the run out groove.
The actual running time (3:59)
The matrix number on the run out groove "ES 47466 A RE 3 AR"

--abagon

Back to Top View abagon's Profile Search for other posts by abagon

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version