Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Chat Board
 Top 40 Music on Compact Disc : Chat Board
Subject Topic: POINTER SISTERS - "He’s So Shy" Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
abagon
MusicFan
MusicFan

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 16 July 2008 at 10:59pm | IP Logged Quote abagon

POINTER SISTERS - "He's So Shy"

The actual 45 running time is (3:34), the listed time is "3:38" on the record label. (Planet P-47916)
Back to Top View abagon's Profile Search for other posts by abagon

80smusicfreak
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 12 August 2015 at 12:44pm | IP Logged Quote 80smusicfreak

Okay, time to add another original parent album that I noticed is currently MISSING from Pat's on-line db. The group's massive hit, "He's So Shy", was off their 1980 album, Special Things, which was re-issued on CD here in the U.S. in 2007 on Wounded Bird WOU 5988. It has since gone out-of-print, but I just acquired a used copy myself, so if Pat wishes to add it immediately, I can report that "He's So Shy" has an actual time of (3:36) on it. The follow-up single was "Could I Be Dreaming", but it missed the top 40, so it isn't included in the db. And while this re-issue does include one bonus track ("Movin' On"), it sure would've been nice if they'd also included "Es Tan Timido", which was the Spanish-language version of "He's So Shy" (and was actually released as a single here in the U.S., but AFAIK, has never appeared anywhere on CD to date!). BTW, there is currently a 2010 U.K. import of Special Things on the BBR label that is readily available, but mine is definitely the 2007 U.S. edition on Wounded Bird, which is actually quite rare. Page on Discogs: POINTER SISTERS - "Special Things" (U.S. CD)

You could say that these gals were the first act w/ a top 40 hit that I ever saw in concert. They happened to be performing a free show the day we went to Disneyland in Anaheim, CA, circa 1974, when they were still a quartet and recording in their old '40s-style for ABC/Blue Thumb. I was all of 6 or 7 at the time, but I actually still have some vague recollections of it. (R.I.P., June...)
Back to Top View 80smusicfreak's Profile Search for other posts by 80smusicfreak

EdisonLite
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 31 January 2021 at 1:11pm | IP Logged Quote EdisonLite

Was there ever an extended version of "He's So Shy" made, and hsa it ever been released on CD? So many ohter Pointer Sisters hits from the '80s have extended mixes, but I can't find anything on this. Also, none listed in the database.
Back to Top View EdisonLite's Profile Search for other posts by EdisonLite Visit EdisonLite's Homepage

EdisonLite
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 31 January 2021 at 1:14pm | IP Logged Quote EdisonLite

I just checked Discogs (I should have checked first) - it shows it was released as a 12" promo single but the timing is 3:37, basically the same timing as all others. And no remixer credit is listed. So I'm guessing this is just the regular single version - released on 12". I forgot labels sometimes did that back in the day. But still curious to know if an extended version has been released for this.
Back to Top View EdisonLite's Profile Search for other posts by EdisonLite Visit EdisonLite's Homepage

AutumnAarilyn
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 01 February 2021 at 1:19am | IP Logged Quote AutumnAarilyn

I actually have Special Things cd on a Japanese AOR City
series issued in 2016 and it does include the bonus
track, "Movin' on."

Don't sleep on those BBR's. There were a few of the
Pointer Sisters reissues that a paid about double for a
few years back as I was "late to the party." Great
booklet and notes on all of their releases.

Everything from the domestic Wounded Bird label dried up
really quickly.
Back to Top View AutumnAarilyn's Profile Search for other posts by AutumnAarilyn

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version