Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Chat Board
 Top 40 Music on Compact Disc : Chat Board
Subject Topic: Sting - We’ll Be Together Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
aaronk
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 01 August 2005 at 2:06am | IP Logged Quote aaronk

My book (8th Edition) incorrectly states the run time and version for "We'll Be Together" on Fields Of Gold. It states (4:49), while the run time on my cd is (3:50). Also, the version on my cd is a previously unreleased version, which is substantially different than the LP version.

Is it possible that some pressings of this CD contain the LP version, while others, like mine, have the alternate version?
Back to Top View aaronk's Profile Search for other posts by aaronk Visit aaronk's Homepage

Todd Ireland
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 01 August 2005 at 11:12am | IP Logged Quote Todd Ireland

I have Sting's Fields of Gold CD on A&M 314540269 and the actual run time of "We'll Be Together" on my copy is 3:48 (the printed time on the back tray insert states 3:50). Anyone know if this shorter version ever appeared on a DJ 45?

I don't know if this means anything but my copy of Fields of Gold has a small sticker on the back tray insert that says "Disc Made In Austria", yet the copyright information indicates the CD was printed in the U.S.A.
Back to Top View Todd Ireland's Profile Search for other posts by Todd Ireland

aaronk
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 01 August 2005 at 11:14am | IP Logged Quote aaronk

That's probably true about my copy, too. The printed run time is 3:50, but I didn't check the actual run time.
Back to Top View aaronk's Profile Search for other posts by aaronk Visit aaronk's Homepage

Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 01 August 2005 at 8:19pm | IP Logged Quote Moderator

The (4:49) is a typo that should read (3:49) and this version is unique to this cd I believe so I will have to call it "neither the 45 nor LP version".

80smusicfreak
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 29 August 2015 at 2:13pm | IP Logged Quote 80smusicfreak

It's not yet listed in Pat's on-line db, but I just acquired the U.S. CD of Sting's ...Nada Como el Sol: Selecciones Especiales en Espanol y Portugues. It's a five-song EP from 1988, on A&M CD 3295. It's now out-of-print, but is still quite easy to find, and thus can be had very cheap. It includes the Spanish-language version of "We'll Be Together", which is track 3 ("Si Estamos Juntos"). If Pat wishes to add it immediately, I can report that it has an actual time of (4:16)...
Back to Top View 80smusicfreak's Profile Search for other posts by 80smusicfreak

Oddbjorn
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 27 December 2015 at 5:43pm | IP Logged Quote Oddbjorn

Revisited this song. Unfortunately I do not have the US 45 version (#07 Billboard) but I have the German 45 which often (but not always) match the US 45. Tried to match it to the (US) CD/LP version but there are clearly some differances there. The 45 goes nearly straight into vocal, but the LP has some more music intro. I timed the German 45 to 4.48, while the US CD (LP) is something near 4:50+. Appreciate if someone could help me with this one. And wish you all a continued merry christmas. What a fantastic board !! (sorry if my English is not always that perfect).

Oddbjorn
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 01 February 2016 at 4:32pm | IP Logged Quote Oddbjorn

Just to end this one. Thanks to Jim for the support of the US CD version. I have also ordered a copy of the US 45. For what it's worth - my findings; The German 45 has the 0.01 intro clipped off, the US 45 has not (and is equal to LP). Otherwise the US 45 and German 45 seems to be equal.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version