Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Chat Board
 Top 40 Music on Compact Disc : Chat Board
Subject Topic: Rod Stewart - Ain’t Love A Bitch Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
aaronk
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 15 May 2008 at 10:04pm | IP Logged Quote aaronk

The database currently lists "LP length" for Rod Stewart's "Ain't Love A Bitch"; however, the 45 has some unique vocals that are not on the LP version. The designator will have to be changed to "LP version."

At (3:21), the line "terrantial rains..." was resung on the 45. Also on the fade out of the 45, the repeated "ain't love a bitch" vocals were resung.
Back to Top View aaronk's Profile Search for other posts by aaronk Visit aaronk's Homepage

aaronk
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 15 May 2008 at 10:06pm | IP Logged Quote aaronk

I just found another line where the vocal was resung: the first line "I've been in pain..." Also, at (1:07), the LP version has a cough before the line "the rest is history," which was removed on the 45.

Edited by aaronk on 15 May 2008 at 10:11pm
Back to Top View aaronk's Profile Search for other posts by aaronk Visit aaronk's Homepage

Santi Paradoa
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 14 May 2013 at 5:32pm | IP Logged Quote Santi Paradoa

Does anyone have the actual time for the "rare" 45 version
of this song? Rod must not be a fan of this track since it
is never included on any of the many hits compilation CDs
released over the past two decades.

jcr102
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 15 May 2013 at 3:48am | IP Logged Quote jcr102

The Canadian WB 45 lists a time of 4:07, although I haven't played it for the actual time. FYI, I've noticed that in earlier years, 45's issued in Canada were often LP versions, not the mix issued in the U-S. Don't know if that was still the case in 1979.
Back to Top View jcr102's Profile Search for other posts by jcr102

EdisonLite
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 19 September 2015 at 11:33pm | IP Logged Quote EdisonLite

The Joel Whitburn "Pop Annual" book lists the US time as 4:07 as well, and from internet photos, that's the time listed on the 45. But ... in addition to the vocal additions/removals, was there editing done to the single version? If I fade the LP version down to 4:07, it's a very odd place for the song to end at because the song starts kicking back in again at 4:03 or 04, so you'd think they'd end there, instead of continuing the fade for another few seconds while the song gets louder/bigger. So I'm just wondering if there's an edit, too.
Back to Top View EdisonLite's Profile Search for other posts by EdisonLite Visit EdisonLite's Homepage

Smokin' TomGary
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 20 September 2015 at 4:20pm | IP Logged Quote Smokin' TomGary

Promo 45 WBS 8810/(WCA 8339)S (deadwax WBS-8810-WCA8339-S-LW2) has a listed time of 4:07 and an actual time of 4:05.
Riva UK 45 RIVA 18 (deadwax RIVA-18-A-3 Strawberry) has no listed time and an actual time of 4:35. The label states "Taken from the album RVLP8 "Blondes Have More Fun".
Back to Top View Smokin' TomGary's Profile Search for other posts by Smokin' TomGary

aaronk
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 21 September 2015 at 6:05am | IP Logged Quote aaronk

Here is the 45: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SuUWPD1ckLY

EdisonLite
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 21 September 2015 at 8:01pm | IP Logged Quote EdisonLite

Thanks Aaron, I guess should check YT for the single edits more often! I thought I had on some of these, but maybe I just didn't see them there. And sometimes I just assume, in this CD & digital world, where the 45 has never been digitized, no one's going to bother to put the vinyl edit on YT - especially for Rod Stewart, Pink Floyd, and Boston (which I'll be checking next - I did see the notes for "Don't Look Back" on this board, but I was a bit confused by exactly how to edit that down to the single.)
Back to Top View EdisonLite's Profile Search for other posts by EdisonLite Visit EdisonLite's Homepage

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version