Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Chat Board
 Top 40 Music on Compact Disc : Chat Board
Subject Topic: Seal "crazy"...LP version on new Best of? Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
budaniel
MusicFan
MusicFan

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 15 July 2005 at 7:04am | IP Logged Quote budaniel

Hey all.

Does anyone have the new Best of CD just released from Seal? I'm looking
for the full album length version of Crazy, not the single edit, and if it's
on the greatest hits, I would pick that up instead of the debut album so I
can have all his singles on one collection. Thanks

Back to Top View budaniel's Profile Search for other posts by budaniel Visit budaniel's Homepage

Paul Haney
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 15 July 2005 at 7:36am | IP Logged Quote Paul Haney

I have that CD and yes, "Crazy" is the full 5:55 album version.
Back to Top View Paul Haney's Profile Search for other posts by Paul Haney

budaniel
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 15 July 2005 at 8:24am | IP Logged Quote budaniel

great. thanks so much Paul.
Back to Top View budaniel's Profile Search for other posts by budaniel Visit budaniel's Homepage

crapfromthepast
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 10 February 2008 at 8:34pm | IP Logged Quote crapfromthepast

To revive an old thread...

I tried to edit the LP version down to the single, and I don't think it can be done easily.

The single is the same as the LP until the 3:00 mark, where there's an edit. This would be at beat #29, if you count beat #1 as the downbeat at 2:44 that starts the percussion break. The edit would remove the 32 beats from 3:00-3:19.

The problem is that there the instrumentation should be carried over from before the edit, with the words "oh darlin" superimposed on top of it. You can try and superimpose a few beats, but it doesn't quite sound right in the four beats leading up to the word "sky".

Since I couldn't figure out an easy way to do this edit, I'll give you my CD sources for the single version:
  • lone track on promo CD single (Sire/Warner Bros. PRO-CD-4832, 1990, no specific version listed, printed 4:30, actual 4:29)
  • Now That's What I Call Music 19 (Virgin EMI PolyGram UK CD NOW 19, 1991, actual 4:27; different EQ from promo CD single - samples line up but don't completely cancel)
  • Track 1 ("Single Mix") from commercial CD single (Sire/Warner Bros. 9 41003-2, 1990, printed 4:30, actual 4:28; different EQ from above two, with additional compression; I prefer the sound of the above two)
  • Now 1991 (Virgin EMI PolyGram UK 27083, 1993; actual 4:26)
  • The Greatest Hits Of Dance (Telstar UK tcd2616, 1992; actual 4:28)
The single version is also on the commercial 45, with no designation of "Single Version", "Edit", or anything of the sort, which is odd for the WB singles in 1991.
Back to Top View crapfromthepast's Profile Search for other posts by crapfromthepast Visit crapfromthepast's Homepage

aaronk
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Online
Posted: 21 August 2009 at 11:02pm | IP Logged Quote aaronk

I have two promo CDs, and one of them (PRO-CD-4832) also does not list a version designation; however, it is definitely the single mix and has a printed time of 4:30.

I have a second promo CD for this (PRO-CD-4879) that is specifically labeled "Urban Remixes." These are not the same mixes as what are found on the commercial singles. Here are the tracks:

1. Radio Mix (4:40)
2. Instrumental (4:40)
3. Dub (4:40)

I wonder if a third promo exists with the mixes from the commercial maxi CD...
Back to Top View aaronk's Profile Search for other posts by aaronk Visit aaronk's Homepage

80smusicfreak
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 23 August 2009 at 6:27am | IP Logged Quote 80smusicfreak

aaronk wrote:
I wonder if a third promo exists with the mixes from the commercial maxi CD...

Ah, one of the best songs of the '90s, IMHO. Bought the cassette maxi-single back when it first came out (still have it to this day), and have since acquired PRO-CD-4879 as well. Only that and PRO-CD-4832 are listed in Gregory Cooper's 1998 book, "Collectible Compact Disc Price Guide 2" (along w/ the commercial CD maxi-single), but I've often wondered the same about a possible third promo CD...
Back to Top View 80smusicfreak's Profile Search for other posts by 80smusicfreak

aaronk
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Online
Posted: 23 August 2009 at 8:31am | IP Logged Quote aaronk

80smusicfreak wrote:
Ah, one of the best songs of the '90s, IMHO.

Agreed. I'd put it in my top 10 from that decade. I'll let you know if I ever find a third promo.
Back to Top View aaronk's Profile Search for other posts by aaronk Visit aaronk's Homepage

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version