Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Chat Board
 Top 40 Music on Compact Disc : Chat Board
Subject Topic: Paul Hardcastle - "19" Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
80smusicfreak
MusicFan
MusicFan

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 02 April 2008 at 3:07pm | IP Logged Quote 80smusicfreak

According to the 10th edition of Pat's book, Paul Hardcastle's 1985 hit, "19", has appeared on only seven U.S. CDs to date (don't know if any more have since been added to the on-line database). W/ the exception of 1988's "No Winners", all of them are V/A compilations...

However, all the way back in 1997, a 24-track, 2-CD collection of Hardcastle's work titled "Cover to Cover: A Musical Autobiography" was released on JVC Music 2068-2 here in the U.S., which came in a cardboard slipcover. It includes "19", as well as his lesser hits, "Rain Forest" and "King Tut" (both of which missed the top 40). Apparently it's still in print today, although on-line listings now show the label as Trippin 'n' Rhythm w/ a 2007 release date, so I assume it's a re-issue. (To add to the confusion, some sources also indicate the original release date as 1999, not '97, and I've also found listings that show it as coming out on the Push label w/ yet a different UPC in 2006!) I'd like more info about this collection before I splurge on it, so by chance does anyone here already have this 2-CD set??? A couple of the half-dozen customer reviews over at Amazon indicate that the version of "19" on this one is a remix - can anyone confirm??? (Perhaps that is why Pat left "Cover to Cover" out of his book/database???) Are "Rain Forest" and "King Tut" also remixed, or are they the original hit recordings???

Thanks in advance...
Back to Top View 80smusicfreak's Profile Search for other posts by 80smusicfreak

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version