Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Chat Board
 Top 40 Music on Compact Disc : Chat Board
Subject Topic: "Run Away" - Real McCoy Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Todd Ireland
MusicFan
MusicFan

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 08 July 2005 at 2:20pm | IP Logged Quote Todd Ireland

It's my understanding that the commercial single version of Real McCoy's "Run Away" is identical to the one on the Another Night CD (Arista 18778) in spite the fact that commercial single sleeves state "single version". That being said, I seem to have a different version of "Run Away" which runs 3:51 on my Promo Only: Mainstream Radio DJ CD series. Aside from the tambourine being mixed hotter and an overall different EQ sound, this promo version is basically the same as the single/album version up until the 2:25 mark. From 2:25 to 2:40, the promo version breaks off into the "it's time to break free, whoa-oh-ay-oh, run away, whoa-oh-ay-oh" verses while the single/album version repeats the "run away, run away, run away if you want to survive" loop.   From 2:40 to 3:02, the two versions match up again. But from 3:02 to fade out they once again become different. On the album version, the male rap vocal repeats the "keep the faith, you gotta keep the faith, you gotta keep the faith and run away" all the way through the fade out, but this rap is not heard at all during the fade out on the promo version.

Does anyone know what exactly is this version on my Promo Only disc? Does it appear anywhere on its own official promo CD single release?

Edited by Todd Ireland on 08 July 2005 at 2:23pm
Back to Top View Todd Ireland's Profile Search for other posts by Todd Ireland

aaronk
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 08 July 2005 at 4:33pm | IP Logged Quote aaronk

Yes, I used to play the song from one of the promo CD singles when the song first came out, and our promo copy was the same as the album version. The alternate mix you are talking about must have been on a different promo single; however, I know for sure, this mix is available on an import CD single, because I own it. The mix is called "Airplay Mix" whereas the promo single we had contained the "Radio Edit" (which was exactly the same as the album version).
Back to Top View aaronk's Profile Search for other posts by aaronk Visit aaronk's Homepage

Todd Ireland
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 08 July 2005 at 11:49pm | IP Logged Quote Todd Ireland

Thanks, Aaron. I appreciate it!

Gary
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 02 October 2006 at 2:39pm | IP Logged Quote Gary

aaronk wrote:
Yes, I used to play the song from one of the promo CD singles when the song first came out, and our promo copy was the same as the album version. The alternate mix you are talking about must have been on a different promo single; however, I know for sure, this mix is available on an import CD single, because I own it. The mix is called "Airplay Mix" whereas the promo single we had contained the "Radio Edit" (which was exactly the same as the album version).

The Airplay Mix was off the import single. This version was played by some of the big market radio stations who got a hold of a copy of this. I know my CHR station played this after I went to Tower Records and got the import cd single. Arista would not officially release this as a single until it broke into the Top 20, then they were heavilly influenced to do this by other radio stations. I personally like the Airplay Mix better.
Back to Top View Gary's Profile Search for other posts by Gary

budaniel
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 02 October 2006 at 4:27pm | IP Logged Quote budaniel

Not sure if these are the same different versions you guys are talking
about, but there are two versions that have differences during an
instrumental break on the mixes I have on the import CD single and the
vinyl domestic 12". The version I hear on the radio in NY these days is the
Airplay Mix I from the import single, which breaks into a melody riff from
the Debbie Deb 80s freestyle song "When I Hear Music". The version I
prefer plays an 'acapella' synth riff at that point instead. On my 12", that
version is called the 'club attack mix', but I used to hear a radio edit of
this version on radio back in the day. Not sure if that's the album version.

Edited by budaniel on 03 October 2006 at 6:45am
Back to Top View budaniel's Profile Search for other posts by budaniel Visit budaniel's Homepage

Todd Ireland
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 31 January 2008 at 9:25am | IP Logged Quote Todd Ireland

Since we've accumulated many knowledgable new members on this board since this thread was originally started, I thought I'd dig the thread back up to ask the following... Does anyone have an official promo CD single release of Real McCoy's "Run Away" who can share the track listing and printed/actual run times? I'm mainly wondering if the "Airplay Mix" eventually did turn up on a U.S. promo single.

Pat Downey
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 03 February 2008 at 3:08pm | IP Logged Quote Pat Downey

I have a dj cd single promo (Arista 2808) that states a running time of (4:02) and actually runs (4:03).
Back to Top View Pat Downey's Profile Search for other posts by Pat Downey

edtop40
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 01 May 2010 at 12:28pm | IP Logged Quote edtop40

my commercial cassingle issued as arista 12808 does state that the version is the "single version" but it is indeed identical to the 4:02 lp version from the cd "another night"

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version