Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Chat Board
 Top 40 Music on Compact Disc : Chat Board
Subject Topic: Kinks - Don’t Forget To Dance Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
eriejwg
MusicFan
MusicFan

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 22 February 2008 at 11:53am | IP Logged Quote eriejwg

Did a search and couldn't find any info. What are the differences between the 45 and LP version.
Back to Top View eriejwg's Profile Search for other posts by eriejwg Visit eriejwg's Homepage

Paul Haney
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 22 February 2008 at 12:09pm | IP Logged Quote Paul Haney

eriejwg wrote:
Did a search and couldn't find any info. What are the differences between the 45 and LP version.

I believe this is a case where the 45 was mis-labeled at (4:15) when it actually runs (4:37) and matches the album version.
Back to Top View Paul Haney's Profile Search for other posts by Paul Haney

eriejwg
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 22 February 2008 at 12:44pm | IP Logged Quote eriejwg

Thanks, Paul!
Back to Top View eriejwg's Profile Search for other posts by eriejwg Visit eriejwg's Homepage

Hykker
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 22 February 2008 at 3:51pm | IP Logged Quote Hykker

Actually, there are a couple differences between the 45 and album versions. The intro was edited on the 45 version...the soft intro before the first post was shortened. Also, the single, while it has the same cold ending as the album, it does fade somewhat...almost as if they weren't sure if they wanted to fade it out early or not. The album version does not fade.
Back to Top View Hykker's Profile Search for other posts by Hykker

jimct
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 05 April 2008 at 1:49pm | IP Logged Quote jimct

Hykker, I just pulled and timed my commercial 45, as well as both the stereo and mono sides of my promo 45. All 3 sides have a listed time of (4:15), and an actual time of (4:35). The intro time before the vocal starts, for all 3 45 sides, is 15 1/2 seconds. This is the exact same intro length that I also found to exist on their "Come Dancing: The Best Of The Kinks 1977-1986" CD. I also did notice the "semi-fade" at the end of the 45 that you cite. But, unfortunately I could not confirm your statement that "The intro was edited on the 45 version...the soft intro before the first post was shortened." I find them to all be the same length.
Back to Top View jimct's Profile Search for other posts by jimct

Hykker
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 05 April 2008 at 3:40pm | IP Logged Quote Hykker

jimct wrote:
Hykker, I just pulled and timed my commercial 45, as well as both the stereo and mono sides of my promo 45. All 3 sides have a listed time of (4:15), and an actual time of (4:35). The intro time before the vocal starts, for all 3 45 sides, is 15 1/2 seconds. This is the exact same intro length that I also found to exist on their "Come Dancing: The Best Of The Kinks 1977-1986" CD.

Just checked the version on my "State Of Confusion" CD. Intro time was :21 with a post at :10. Run time was 4:39.
Back to Top View Hykker's Profile Search for other posts by Hykker

jimct
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 05 April 2008 at 3:52pm | IP Logged Quote jimct

Thanks for the excellent clarification, Hykker - I didn't have the "State Of Confusion" CD to compare. Interesting - your CD runs only :04 longer than my 45, but with about a :05 1/2 longer intro. I'll bet the 45 was slightly sped up, which would explain the couple of seconds of timing variation that can't be currently reconciled.
Back to Top View jimct's Profile Search for other posts by jimct

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version