Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Chat Board
 Top 40 Music on Compact Disc : Chat Board
Subject Topic: Captain & Tennille A&M albums coming... Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Brian W.
MusicFan
MusicFan

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 24 June 2005 at 8:41pm | IP Logged Quote Brian W.

Toni Tennille has posted on the C&T website that a Portland, Oregon company called Respond2 has acquired the rights to release their A&M albums "Love Will Keep Us Together," "Come in from the Rain," and "Dream" on CD. The albums had been released in Japan in the early 1990s, but are long out of print, and can fetch up to $200 on Ebay. (I lucked out and got them "cheap" in '93 for $40 a pop.) Their second album, "Song of Joy," was recently released on Hip-O Select in a card sleeve, and "Love Will Keep Us Together" can still be found around from Rebound Records. But this is the first domestic release of the other two.

The company is also releasing a DVD of their short-lived TV series along with a Christmas CD single of two newly-recorded songs. (One of them, "Tahoe Snow," was originally recorded in '84, but this is a new version.) The two songs will be included on a complete Christmas album from Captain & Tennille in 2006, their first studio album of all-new material since 1982.
Back to Top View Brian W.'s Profile Search for other posts by Brian W.

Brian W.
MusicFan
MusicFan

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 14 October 2005 at 1:54am | IP Logged Quote Brian W.

Edison Lite's post reminded me that the company issuing the Tony Orlando & Dawn CDs (and DVD of their show) is the same company issuing the Captain & Tennille's albums. However, since my initial post, they have obtained the rights to release all six of their US albums, for A&M and Casablanca, which will also be issued as a boxed set.

No new Top 40 hits on there, but their Billboard "Bubbling Under" single "This is Not the First Time" will make its CD debut here on their 1981 "Keeping Our Love Warm" album. It's a shame Universal isn't allowing them to include any bonus tracks, though... I really wanted the single mix of "Gentle Stranger," which was the B-side of the "Love Will Keep Us Together" single.
Back to Top View Brian W.'s Profile Search for other posts by Brian W.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version