Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Chat Board
 Top 40 Music on Compact Disc : Chat Board
Subject Topic: "In The Summertime" Mungo Jerry DJ edit Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
BillCahill
MusicFan
MusicFan

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 30 July 2007 at 5:53pm | IP Logged Quote BillCahill

This may have been covered before but I don't see it noted in the database. I know it was discussed at one time.

I found it today while going through Record Finder in Richmond. Brownish Janus label, not a white label. Says Promotional Copy Not For Sale and has a Star on the A side, J-125 on the right but J-1299 on the bottom. J-1299-A on the trail. Stereo. B side is Mighty Man.

Runtime states 2:54 and is correct.

No edits through the sound effect bridge, then after "Have a drink and a drive go out and see what you can find", it jumps to "Sing along with us" and fades like the regular version.
Back to Top View BillCahill's Profile Search for other posts by BillCahill

jimct
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 30 July 2007 at 9:06pm | IP Logged Quote jimct

Tremendous find, Bill! That's one of only 3 or 4 DJ 45 Top 40-peaking versions that I don't currently own, and I've been looking for it for years. Interesting that some 1970 Janus label promo 45s were brown, while the commercial copies were put out in white! A good friend of mine long ago provided me with a digital dub of the DJ 45, from a dub he got, but I didn't feel I had nearly enough info to accurately report on it, as you just did, although I knew it existed. If you ever decide to re-sell it, now that you've made the digital edit, I'd pay mega-bucks for it. If not, congratulations, and guard it carefully!!!

Edited by jimct on 30 July 2007 at 9:07pm
Back to Top View jimct's Profile Search for other posts by jimct

TomDiehl1
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 30 July 2007 at 9:21pm | IP Logged Quote TomDiehl1

Jim, send an email to Gene at Record Finders (www.recordfinders.com or gene@recordfinders.com) and see if he has a second copy available to sell....they've found some neat things for me in past years....though i've never been to their actual store. I've corresponded with Gene many times, through MySpace, and notice he posts often about the 3 million 45's he has in stock, so i guess he's always looking for more business....

jimct
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 30 July 2007 at 9:36pm | IP Logged Quote jimct

Appreciate the tip, Tom, and I hope your recent relocation is/has gone smoothly for you.

TomDiehl1
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 31 July 2007 at 2:32am | IP Logged Quote TomDiehl1

Thanks, Jim. Still in the middle of the move (the bulk of stuff won't be moved until the house is sold, i guess)...however six boxes of my lp's are in New York now at the new house, the rest are still in storage with my 45's unless my father took another batch of them up this week (I'll find that out later today because I have to go to the storage unit to try to find a 45 to dub for a friend of mine, if the 45 is even still here!)

BillCahill
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 31 July 2007 at 7:39am | IP Logged Quote BillCahill

My email is in the directory. Hit me up at AOL if you want an MP3 and a label scan which I have already sent Pat. Nice cue burn and wear from 1280 WYND, where this promo came from (stamped on the B side)

Recordfinder is a mail order company that has a ton of stuff, you should email Gene your want lists as they are downsizing a bit. Gene can look carefully to make sure what you're buying is a promo copy or exactly what you're looking for.

Back to Top View BillCahill's Profile Search for other posts by BillCahill

jimct
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 31 July 2007 at 10:21am | IP Logged Quote jimct

Bill, Gene didn't happen to have another DJ 45 for it. I have PM'd you with a vinyl dub request, and I appreciate your kind offer.

eriejwg
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 06 October 2008 at 5:19pm | IP Logged Quote eriejwg

Since Steve brought back the other Mungo Jerry thread, I was trying to remember how I recreated the DJ edit without a source. Then, I saw in this where Washington DC bound Bill Cahill mentioned how to.
Back to Top View eriejwg's Profile Search for other posts by eriejwg Visit eriejwg's Homepage

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version