Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Chat Board
 Top 40 Music on Compact Disc : Chat Board
Subject Topic: Carrie Underwood...2 mixes? Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
budaniel
MusicFan
MusicFan

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 28 June 2007 at 7:12pm | IP Logged Quote budaniel

Does anyone think there is perhaps a "radio mix" of this song that has less of a country 'twang' to it? A couple of times recently I've heard the song on the radio and noticed some very obvious country sounds in the arrangement that I didn't remember from initial radio play and video play. So I pulled out the full length Carrie Underwood CD today and listened to the track and it does indeed have these nuances on her CD. But I could have sworn that I've heard a version on the radio that has had some of the more country sounding arrangement removed. I may just be imagining things, but has anyone else noticed this?
Back to Top View budaniel's Profile Search for other posts by budaniel Visit budaniel's Homepage

EdisonLite
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 28 June 2007 at 9:06pm | IP Logged Quote EdisonLite

Which single do you mean? Carrie's had about 4 or 5 singles now.
Back to Top View EdisonLite's Profile Search for other posts by EdisonLite Visit EdisonLite's Homepage

budaniel
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 29 June 2007 at 6:44am | IP Logged Quote budaniel

oh sorry. I forgot! I was originally going to mention it in the subject line. I was talking about Before He Cheats.
Back to Top View budaniel's Profile Search for other posts by budaniel Visit budaniel's Homepage

BillCahill
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 04 July 2007 at 6:49am | IP Logged Quote BillCahill

To the best of my knowledge the CD promo is simply the album version, repeated a couple of times on the CD promo, with no mix differences, but I will look around.
Back to Top View BillCahill's Profile Search for other posts by BillCahill

eriejwg
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 04 July 2007 at 8:32am | IP Logged Quote eriejwg

In checking over at the JonesTM site (many stations use their product), there's no indication of a 'Pop' or 'A/C' mix. THAT said, a check at the RPM Top Hits site indicates a 'Pop' edit. So, there may be a difference. Less steel guitar probably.
Back to Top View eriejwg's Profile Search for other posts by eriejwg Visit eriejwg's Homepage

Todd Ireland
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 04 July 2007 at 10:31am | IP Logged Quote Todd Ireland

Yes, I've seen the DJ CD single release of "Before He Cheats" online that Bill speaks of, but the paper insert in back of the CD tray shows the song listed on both Track 1 and Track 2 with a printed 3:20 run time and no specific version notation on either.
Back to Top View Todd Ireland's Profile Search for other posts by Todd Ireland

AndrewChouffi
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 05 July 2007 at 8:01am | IP Logged Quote AndrewChouffi

Hi "eriejwg",

I have RPM T80 (which the search engine claims 'pop edit'.

My ears can't tell the difference.

There was once discussion on 'Pulse Music Board' about the release of a 'mainstream top-40 mix', but I have yet to hear it or see it -- but that does not mean it doesn't exist.

Andy
Back to Top View AndrewChouffi's Profile Search for other posts by AndrewChouffi

eric_a
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 05 July 2007 at 9:59am | IP Logged Quote eric_a

BillCahill wrote:
To the best of my knowledge the CD promo is simply the album version, repeated a couple of times on the CD promo, with no mix differences, but I will look around.

I've seen this phenomenon on a handful of country crossover promos -- the same cut repeated 2 or 3 times. But only on country promos. Can anyone explain this?
Back to Top View eric_a's Profile Search for other posts by eric_a

TimNeely
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 30 January 2008 at 11:12pm | IP Logged Quote TimNeely

As far as I can tell, there is NO "pop remix" of "Before He Cheats." The same version as hit #1 on the country charts was serviced to pop radio -- a rarity these days.

The country and pop CDs have exactly the same catalog numbers on the CD and the back insert (82876-80463-2). The only difference between the two is in the front insert. They have the same photo, but the promo CD single issued to country had a list of Carrie Underwood's immediate post-American Idol accomplishments and awards on the reverse side of the front cover. The pop promo is mostly blank on the rear of the front cover and contains the number 88697-03156-2 -- the only place on the promo where this number appears.
Back to Top View TimNeely's Profile Search for other posts by TimNeely

JMD1961
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 31 January 2008 at 6:15pm | IP Logged Quote JMD1961

I don't know about a "remix" but I swear my local top 40 station has at least one line change. In the first verse, we're it talks about her cheating beau buying the girl in the bar something fruity because "she can't shoot whiskey" (in the version I got on iTunes), I heard something about about him teaching her to shoot pool, because "she can't shoot combos".

Of course, I only heard it once, and then wasn't really listening. But it was different enough to get my attention at the time.

Edited by me right after: WRONG!!!! Both lyrics (whiskey & combo) are in the original song. Nevermind!

Edited by JMD1961 on 31 January 2008 at 6:20pm
Back to Top View JMD1961's Profile Search for other posts by JMD1961

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version