Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Chat Board
 Top 40 Music on Compact Disc : Chat Board
Subject Topic: Brandy’s "Best Of" cd Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 30 April 2005 at 4:27pm | IP Logged Quote Moderator

I just reviewed the new "Best Of" cd by Brandy and at first glance it looks like this cd contains the 45 versions of all of Brandy's hits. But I have two questions, the first regarding the song "I Wanna Be Down" which has been discussed in another thread by Todd. The dj cd single for this song (Atlantic PRCD 5745) states that track 1 is an LP edit running 4:17 but it really runs 4:07 and to my ears is not an edit but an early fade of the LP version. The version that appears on "Best Of" runs 4:08 and again appears to be just an early fade of the LP version. So for those that have the cassette single can you let me know if the cassette single is just an early fade of the LP version or is it a distinct edit?

Question 2 is with regard to the song "Full Moon" which runs 3:57 on the "Best Of", so does anyone have the cd single to pass along the running time of this song? (The LP version runs 4:08)

Edited by Moderator on 03 May 2005 at 6:07am

Todd Ireland
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 02 May 2005 at 10:18am | IP Logged Quote Todd Ireland

Pat:

Brian W. posted a message on the "45/single/LP version distinctions..." thread back on March 22 claiming the cassette single of Brandy's "I Wanna Be Down" features the LP Edit running 4:07. He says he also has a promo DJ CD single copy with the LP Edit on it and acknowledged as you did, Pat, that the song runs 4:07 but is incorrectly listed at 4:17 on this disc.

I've done an A/B comparison between the 4:08 single version of "I Wanna Be Down" from Brandy's new Best of CD to what I assume is the 4:51 LP version on the Smooth Luv (EMI-Capitol Music Group 54548) various artist disc. I'm in agreement with you, Pat, that the 4:08 version is just an early fade of the LP version. Therefore, it appears "I Wanna Be Down" on the Best of CD is the 45 length.

Edited by Todd Ireland on 03 May 2005 at 6:13am
Back to Top View Todd Ireland's Profile Search for other posts by Todd Ireland

aaronk
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 02 May 2005 at 8:48pm | IP Logged Quote aaronk

I have the promo single of "Full Moon" (Atlantic 300810), which runs 3:57; however, the tray card lists the version as "Album Version."
Back to Top View aaronk's Profile Search for other posts by aaronk Visit aaronk's Homepage

Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 03 May 2005 at 6:06am | IP Logged Quote Moderator

Aaron, have you compared the promo single of "Full Moon" to the LP version of the same song to determine if the 3:57 version is just an early fade of the LP version or a distinct edit?

aaronk
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 03 May 2005 at 2:15pm | IP Logged Quote aaronk

Unfortunately, I do not have the actual LP to compare; however, the song ends cold, so it must be an edit.
Back to Top View aaronk's Profile Search for other posts by aaronk Visit aaronk's Homepage

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version