Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Chat Board
 Top 40 Music on Compact Disc : Chat Board
Subject Topic: Bobby Vinton - A new addition? Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
satchdr
MusicFan
MusicFan

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 04 March 2007 at 7:44am | IP Logged Quote satchdr

Pat, in putting together a 60s project, I noted that the database does not reference Sony Music Special Products (TVmusic4U) A2 52296 ("The Very Best Of Bobby Vinton") as a source of any of Vinton's hits. I did a comparison of the songs on this 2-CD set against those on Vinton's "16 Most Requested Songs" (Epic/Legacy EK 47855) and I believe they are identical (at least the 15 on the Sony disc that appear on "16 Most Requested Songs," although "Coming Home Solider" and "My Heart Belongs Only To You" appear to be at very slightly different speeds. The Sony Music discs contain the following Vinton tracks: Roses Are Red (My Love); Long Lonely Nights; Over The Mountain (Across The Sea); Blue On Blue; LO-N-E-L-Y; There! I've Said It Again; Clinging Vine; Coming Home Solider; Blue Velvet; Mr. Lonely; My Heart Belongs To Only You; Rain Rain Go Away; Halfway To Paradise; Please Love Me Forever; Tell Me Why; My Meldoy Of Love; I Love How You Love Me; When I Fall In Love; To Know You Is To Love You; The Twelfth Of Never; TAke Good Care Of My Baby; Misty Blue; (My Little) Christie; Blue Moon; Too Young; Traces (Of Love); Unchained Melody; Ev'ry DAy Of My Life; Sealed With A Kiss.

Dan
Back to Top View satchdr's Profile Search for other posts by satchdr

AdvprosD
MusicFan
MusicFan

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 25 December 2020 at 10:05pm | IP Logged Quote AdvprosD

I picked this thread up on a search for the song, "Take Good Care Of My Baby" by Bobby Vinton. I had no idea he recorded this song or if it even charted. I'm much more familiar with the Bobby Vee version.
Is there any way to figure out how to find a genuine original recording? I suppose I could go to YouTube and look around.

I was looking because the Bobby Vinton version is included in another Sony collection I have which is uninterestingly titled, "Super Hits of the 60's" from 2008. (5 CD set.) Most of the songs on this collection are
a little too clean sounding for me to believe they are all the originals. I did notice on disc 2 that the hit, "We'll Sing In The Sunshine" by Gale Garnett sounds like a re-recorded version. As well as maybe a few
other recordings on this collection. I'm pretty sure I picked this collection up in a batch from somewhere online before 2010. There is also a 70's, 80's and a 90's set by the same production group. I'm thinking
that this may have been one of the first collections to start lumping 100 songs from a decade into a boxed set. Looking on ebay, there are dozens of them now.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version