Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Chat Board
 Top 40 Music on Compact Disc : Chat Board
Subject Topic: "Instrumental Legends" CD Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Todd Ireland
MusicFan
MusicFan

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 27 February 2007 at 1:16pm | IP Logged Quote Todd Ireland

Pat:

I have a question about the various artist 2-CD compilation: Instrumental Legends on Cornerstone Promotions 1478, which I believe is now out-of-print. There is a vendor on eBay currently selling a factory sealed collection of this disc set. The auction web page lists each of the 36 tracks with the original artist who performs them. There is also a nice enlargeable view of the back of the CD case, which appears to show the correct listing of the 36 tracks. But here's what's odd about the back tray insert... At the upper left hand corner, there is a disclaimer that reads: "All Songs Performed by The Geoffery Charles Orchestra". And if you look closely, the tray insert does not list any of the original artists next to the tracks (unlike the web page itself).

Pat (and anybody else who might own this Instrumental Legends set), does your copy contain the same disclaimer on the back tray insert? I'm wondering if this was simply an error by the record label, or if this particular Instrumental Legends copy advertised on eBay is some cheap re-recorded knockoff? I'd like to purchase this collection, but I don't want to risk getting stuck with a bogus copy!

Readers can view this CD on the eBay auction page for themselves by copying and pasting the following link into their web browser:

http://cgi.ebay.com/INSTRUMENTAL-LEGENDS-36-HITS-2-CD-As-See n-on-TV-NEW_W0QQitemZ230097727148QQihZ013QQcategoryZ307QQssP ageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Back to Top View Todd Ireland's Profile Search for other posts by Todd Ireland

Brian W.
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 27 February 2007 at 1:46pm | IP Logged Quote Brian W.

Funny, I just bought this CD last week at a local shop in Burbank. Mine says nothing about the Geoffrey Charles Orchestra on the back -- and mine lists the artists for each individual song, AND says copyright 1997 BMG and Cornerstone Productions.

Since the CD on Ebay says nothing about BMG, and instead lists the copyright holders as Prairie Hill Music Company and BBI, two companies I've never heard of, I would avoid it like the plauge.
Back to Top View Brian W.'s Profile Search for other posts by Brian W.

Todd Ireland
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 27 February 2007 at 2:15pm | IP Logged Quote Todd Ireland

Very interesting, Brian. What perplexes me is the CD otherwise looks identical to the Cornerstone Productions release, and the description on the eBay auction web page does list the performing artists next to each track. Nonetheless, I don't think this is enough to make me want to take a chance on purchasing this CD set from this eBay vendor.
Back to Top View Todd Ireland's Profile Search for other posts by Todd Ireland

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version