Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Chat Board
 Top 40 Music on Compact Disc : Chat Board
Subject Topic: Missing database entries for Case Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
aaronk
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 11 February 2007 at 11:52pm | IP Logged Quote aaronk

Pat, I noticed that the song "Touch Me, Tease Me" by Case is only listed on the Nutty Professor soundtrack. I wanted to point out that it has also appeared domestically on Def Jam's Greatest Hits, Ultimate Hip Hop Party 1998, and Case's self-titled album.

I noticed that the version on Nutty Professor and the aforementioned Def Jam CD have censored lyrics. What is the difference, then, between the "Radio Edit" and "LP Version" on the CD single? (You currently list it as "LP Version" on Nutty Professor, but it's censored on that CD.)
Back to Top View aaronk's Profile Search for other posts by aaronk Visit aaronk's Homepage

Pat Downey
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 20 March 2007 at 6:28pm | IP Logged Quote Pat Downey

I have a promo cd single of this song and the lead track on that cd single is called "radio edit without rap" which is not the version found on the Nutty Professor soundtrack. Since it was the lead track, I assumed that the cassette single would also have this version and I have been searching ever since you posted this thread for a copy of the cassette single but I have not been able to find a copy. When Ed returns perhaps he can look at his cassette single to see if it is indeed the "radio edit without rap".
Back to Top View Pat Downey's Profile Search for other posts by Pat Downey

cmmmbase
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 20 March 2007 at 8:42pm | IP Logged Quote cmmmbase

the cassette single that I've got (RAL 422-854-620-4), lists cut 1 as the LP version (listed time of 4:27) cut 2 as an instrumental version..
Back to Top View cmmmbase's Profile Search for other posts by cmmmbase

Pat Downey
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 21 March 2007 at 5:44am | IP Logged Quote Pat Downey

This is strange as the LP version runs (3:51) on the Nutty Professor soundtrack and (3:46) on the "Case" cd. Can you time the cassette single to verify the printed time of (4:27)?

Edited by Pat Downey on 07 September 2018 at 3:40am

cmmmbase
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 21 March 2007 at 11:08am | IP Logged Quote cmmmbase

It times out to 4:26...there is a 19 second "conversation" between Case and Foxy Brown (included within the 4:26) with instrumental backing leading into the cut though...

This version is also not the clean version...

Edited by cmmmbase on 21 March 2007 at 12:01pm
Back to Top View cmmmbase's Profile Search for other posts by cmmmbase

aaronk
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 22 March 2007 at 9:19am | IP Logged Quote aaronk

So would that mean that full-length CDs with the (3:51) censored version contain the "Radio Edit?"

I don't own the CD single, but the track list is as follows:

1. Radio Edit
2. LP Version
3. Instrumental

From what cmmmbase says, it sounds like the version listed as "LP Version" on the cassingle is not really the LP version at all.
Back to Top View aaronk's Profile Search for other posts by aaronk Visit aaronk's Homepage

Todd Ireland
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 07 December 2010 at 11:46pm | IP Logged Quote Todd Ireland

The database currently contains the following promo single information for Case featuring Foxy Brown's "Touch Me, Tease Me":

(dj copies of this cd single run (3:52) the "radio edit without rap" version and (3:52) the "radio edit with rap" version which is the same as the LP version)

Thanks to some assistance from Edtop40, I have confirmed that commercial CD single copies feature the "Radio Edit Without Rap" on Track 1, which runs 3:52, and the "LP Version" on Track 2, which runs 4:27.

Edited by Todd Ireland on 10 December 2010 at 6:01am
Back to Top View Todd Ireland's Profile Search for other posts by Todd Ireland

Todd Ireland
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 08 December 2010 at 6:04pm | IP Logged Quote Todd Ireland

Pat:

Thanks for updating the database with the commercial single info. Just a heads up... The comments regarding DJ and commercial single info for "Touch Me, Tease Me" currently do not show up at all when conducting a database search for the song under "Foxy Brown".

Pat Downey
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 09 December 2010 at 8:41pm | IP Logged Quote Pat Downey

OK I am now officially confused so perhaps someone can straighten me out. The version of this song on the O.S.T. The Nutty Professor should be the official LP version. When compared to my dj cd single which is RAL PRCD 7185 I find that it is the same as the "radio edit with rap" on that cd single. This is true also for the Case self titled cd which is just :04 shorter than the O.S.T. The Nutty Professor cd. Now comes the report from Todd and Edtop40 that the commercial cd single features the "radio edit with rap" as the first track and the "LP version" as the 2nd track when I have already discovered that the LP version is the "radio edit with rap" so where am I going wrong here?

jimct
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 09 December 2010 at 11:09pm | IP Logged Quote jimct

Pat, I own both the promo CD single you've referenced earlier, and a 3-track commercial CD single. Here are the details for the latter:

-Case--"Touch Me Tease Me" (RAL 422 854-620-2)
1-Radio Edit Without Rap (I listened to this track, just to doublecheck, and it is definitely the version without the rap) (listed & actual 3:52)
2-LP Version (listed & actual 4:27)
3-Instrumental (listed 5:03; actual 5:04)

Perhaps what Todd/Ed are referring to are the contents of a commercial CD maxi-single that Ed owns. If not, it seems that there may be a bit of a word mixup at their end. To me, your confusion comes from their report that their CD includes a "Radio Edit WITH Rap/LP v" combo, which you've already determined are one and the same. But my commercial CD single is a Radio Edit WITHOUT Rap/LP v/Inst" combo. I believe they reported the word "with" when they should've reported "without". That would make a lot sense, although I still can't reconcile Ed's (through Todd) LP version reported timing of (3:52).

Edited by jimct on 09 December 2010 at 11:16pm
Back to Top View jimct's Profile Search for other posts by jimct

Todd Ireland
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 10 December 2010 at 5:57am | IP Logged Quote Todd Ireland

Wow, as painstakingly meticulous as I try to be with details, I don't know how I got this one so screwed up! I double-checked Ed's notes and it turns out Jim is absolutely correct... Track 1 of the "Touch Me, Tease Me" commercial CD single on Def Jam 854620 does indeed state "Radio Edit Without Rap" and runs 3:52.

Meanwhile, Ed didn't provide run time info for Track 2, the "LP Version", so I honestly don't even know how I came up with a 3:52 time for this. Weird! So I will defer to Jim's run time of 4:27 and we can now see this closely matches the cassette single time.

It remains interesting to note however that the so-called "LP Version" on the commercial cassette and CD singles do not match the true album version run time of 3:51 on the O.S.T. Nutty Professor CD (which was released two months prior to Case's self-titled CD on Def Jam 314533134 in case anyone is wondering).

Anyway, I apologize for the confusion, Pat. I was up very late the night I posted info for "Touch Me, Tease Me" and some other singles so maybe I accidentally spiked my hot chocolate with something that I shouldn't have while in my sleep-deprived state!

(**Note: I've gone back and corrected my original post.)

Edited by Todd Ireland on 10 December 2010 at 6:05am

edtop40
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 10 December 2010 at 6:17pm | IP Logged Quote edtop40

my commercial cd single issued as def jam 854620 contains the below tracks

1-radio edit without rap (listed 3:52; actual 3:51)
2-lp version (listed 4:27; actual 3:51)
3-instrumental (listed 5:03; actual 5:04)

what's interesting is that the internet database that pulls the description states the 2nd track as featuring foxxy brown, but not the first track...and the second track clearly has rapping.....if anyone needs files to compare themselves please just email me and i'll shot them out tonite....

oddly my commercial cassingle with the same catalog number 854620 contains only two tracks as listed below

1-lp version (listed 4:27; actual 4:36**)
2-instrumental (listed 5:03; actual 5:04)

**--note that this run time is as the crow flies and cassettes often warp and don't run as true as vinyl..

the cassingle carries the parental warning while the commercial cd single does not....both have "the nutty professor soundtrack - lesson 1 - case "touch me, tease me" featuring foxxy brown produced by kenny "smooth" kornegy - in stores june 4th" listed on the front

Edited by edtop40 on 10 December 2010 at 6:34pm

Todd Ireland
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 10 December 2010 at 10:22pm | IP Logged Quote Todd Ireland

edtop40 wrote:
oddly my commercial cassingle with the same catalog number 854620 contains only two tracks as listed below

1-lp version (listed 4:27; actual 4:36**)
2-instrumental (listed 5:03; actual 5:04)

**--note that this run time is as the crow flies and cassettes often warp and don't run as true as vinyl..

Ed:

You cassette single time is :10 longer than cmmmbase's copy and :09 longer than on the CD single. Does your cassette sound like it's running much slower than it should be? If so, then it's safe to say you do have a warped cassette. The only problem with that theory though is you're reporting the "Instrumental" track on your cassette has the same timing info as the "Instrumental" on your CD single. If your cassette runs slow on the A-side ("LP Version"), then the B-side ("Instrumental") should run slow as well.

edtop40
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 11 December 2010 at 10:11am | IP Logged Quote edtop40

point taken, paul...i just listened to my cassingle of the instrumental and it actually runs 5:13 on my cassette player...

Todd Ireland
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 06 January 2011 at 12:53am | IP Logged Quote Todd Ireland

It appears there may still be some lingering confusion regarding "Touch Me, Tease Me" because the database currently states the following:

(dj copies of this cd single run (3:52) the "radio edit without rap" version and (3:52) the "radio edit with rap" version which is the same as the LP version; the commercial cd single features the "radio edit without rap" version as the lead track running (3:52) and the "LP version" as the 2nd track running (4:27) which is probably the 45 version not the LP version as stated on the cd; the cassette single runs (4:27))

Since I helped cause some of the initial confusion, I'll do my best to clarify everything here...

==> Promo CD single copies contain the "Radio Edit Without Rap" running 3:52, the "Radio Edit with Rap" running 3:52 which is the same as the LP version, and the "LP Version" which runs 4:27 and is actually the 45 version, not the LP version as stated on the CD.

==> Commercial CD single copies contain the "Radio Edit Without Rap" running 3:51 on Track 1 and the "LP Version" running 3:51 on Track 2.

==> Cassette single copies run 4:27 and incorrectly states "LP Version" on the label as it is not the true LP version.

Whew, what a mess!

Also, Pat, please note that the above information will also need to be updated in the database under Foxy Brown's artist listing.

Edited by Todd Ireland on 06 January 2011 at 1:04am

aaronk
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 06 September 2018 at 11:29pm | IP Logged Quote aaronk

I happened to be ripping a copy of my promo CD single to my hard drive, and I discovered some additional details that have not yet been shared. The back insert states that there are only two tracks, but there are actually four! Here is what is listed on the back insert and disc label:

PRCD 7185-2
1. Radio Edit Without Rap (3:52)
2. Radio Edit With Rap (3:52)

Here are the actual contents:
1. Radio sweeper/liner (0:07)
2. Radio Edit Without Rap (actual 3:52)
3. Radio sweeper/liner (0:08)
4. Radio Edit With Rap (actual 3:52)

This is quite possibly the only time I've ever heard radio sweepers included on a promo CD single to introduce the song. Both of them have a typical CHR/urban-sounding radio voiceover guy with "whoosh" type sound effects behind it. Cut 1 says, "New music from the Def Jam Nutty Professor soundtrack, Touch Me Tease Me by Case." Cut 3 says, "New Music from Def Jam's Nutty Professor soundtrack, Touch Me Tease Me by Case featuring Foxy Brown."

The annoying thing about the first sweeper is that the trailing sound effect segues over the intro to cut 2 for a brief second. Cuts 3 & 4 also segue together, but the sound effect has trailed off to a low enough volume that it cannot be heard over the song intro.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version