Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Chat Board
 Top 40 Music on Compact Disc : Chat Board
Subject Topic: MC Brains - Oochie Coochie Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
aaronk
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 13 December 2006 at 2:25pm | IP Logged Quote aaronk

In the database, there are two CDs with the MC Brains song "Oochie Coochie." The Lovers Lane CD lists a time of (3:40), while What's Up? Rap Hits Of The '90s runs (3:43).

The difference is that the ending on the (3:43) version is slightly extended, with one extra guitar note sample, and an electronic "blip" that echoes out to silence.

I would have to guess that the (3:43) version would be considered the 45 version, but I don't have the single to check. Can anyone verify?

Also, the following CD listing is missing from the database, but it does contain the (3:40) version of "Oochie Coochie":

Boom Box Flava Universal 83567

The database does list this CD for the other two top 40 hits it contains, "Slam" by Onyx and "Rump Shaker" by Wreckx-N-Effect.
Back to Top View aaronk's Profile Search for other posts by aaronk Visit aaronk's Homepage

jimct
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 14 December 2006 at 2:50am | IP Logged Quote jimct

Aaron: Just FYI, we got 2 different promo CD singles in to the station for "Oochie Coochie":

PCD1013:
1-7" Mix (listed time 3:41; actual time right between 3:40 & 3:41; I'll call it 3:41, since the disc does)
2-12" Extended Mix (listed 6:50; actual 6:49)
3-Instrumental Version (listed and actual 3:41)

PCD1027:
1-Complete edit (listed and actual 2:47)
2-Clean version (listed 3:11; actual 3:10)
3-X-Rated Version (listed and actual 3:25)
4-7" version (listed and actual 3:41)
5-12" version (listed and actual 6:49)
6-Instrumental (listed and actual 3:41)

The PCD1027 promo CD single includes the 3 "new" mixes first, and has simply tacked on the 3 PCD1013 cuts onto the end of it, as cuts 4, 5 & 6. None of these are specifically referenced as the "LP Version", so unless the 7" version/LP Version are, in fact, one and the same, you may wanna hold on to your "Lover's Lane" CD, Aaron.
Back to Top View jimct's Profile Search for other posts by jimct

aaronk
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 14 December 2006 at 5:39pm | IP Logged Quote aaronk

Thanks for the info, Jim. So I'm guessing the Rhino CD has a "neither" version on it, unless commercial copies of "Oochie Coochie" were different than promo copies. Does anyone have the commercial single to verify?
Back to Top View aaronk's Profile Search for other posts by aaronk Visit aaronk's Homepage

edtop40
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 14 December 2006 at 5:50pm | IP Logged Quote edtop40

the cassingle issued as motown 2146 contains the 7" mix and runs 3:40.....this version is identical to the version from the cd "lover's lane"

aaronk
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 14 December 2006 at 7:21pm | IP Logged Quote aaronk

Thanks, Ed. The "neither" has been confirmed on the What's Up compilation.

aaronk
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 29 July 2009 at 7:10pm | IP Logged Quote aaronk

I just obtained a third promo CD single for "Oochie Coochie." Here are the specifics:

"Oochie Coochie (Remix Censored)"
Catalog # 3746310372
1. Censored Version (Without Intro & Ending) (3:04 listed and actual)
2. Censored Version (3:41 listed and actual)

Although the disc says "Remix," to my ears this is the exact same mix as the LP/7" Version. The only difference is that they have placed sound effects in place of some of the more questionable lyrics.

For my own curiosity, I'm going to compare all eight versions (the six on PCD1027 and these two) carefully to see if there really are any "mix" differences. My suspicion is that the LP version is the source for all versions/edits, except for the 12" Mix and Instrumental.

aaronk
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 29 July 2009 at 10:13pm | IP Logged Quote aaronk

Here's a summary of the edits, none of which are unique mixes or have any new vocals. They are all edits of the LP/7" Version.

Clean Version - removes talking section after the short intro by cutting right to the chorus; cuts the line "Then I rub the kitty cat under the table, see"; cuts 12 seconds of talking after the "poonanny" part

Complete Edit - same edit as the clean version but fades out after the "poonanny" part, with the edit occuring on the fade out

X-Rated Version - removes the talking section after the intro by cutting right to the chorus; everything else is the same as the LP/7" Version

"Remix" Censored Version - puts a sound effect in place of the words womb, hoes, kitty cat, horny, bone, and pill; same track and vocal take as LP/7" Version (nothing is actually remixed or edited for length)

"Remix" (Without Intro & Ending) - in addition to the sound effects, this version chops off the first 20 seconds (starting awkwardly at the chorus) and fades early

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version