Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Chat Board
 Top 40 Music on Compact Disc : Chat Board
Subject Topic: Roxette "listen to your heart question Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
budaniel
MusicFan
MusicFan

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 12 November 2006 at 12:12pm | IP Logged Quote budaniel

Does anyone know how the "european 45 version" differs from the LP version, other than length?
Back to Top View budaniel's Profile Search for other posts by budaniel Visit budaniel's Homepage

elcoleccionista
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 13 November 2006 at 2:38pm | IP Logged Quote elcoleccionista

Hi Daniel-

I think I can help here.

I have the the Swedish single edit (included on their first greatest hits 1995 compilation "Don't Bore Us Get To The Chorus").

I also had the german "Listen To Your Heart/Dangerous" CD single which I got rid of, it also had the Swedish single edit, so I am pretty sure this was indeed the 45 euro version.

Besides being shorter, it is a different mix from the LP version.

The differences start at about 4:50:

On the album version, the drums, her vocals and production in general start fading out and give way to the "synth violins" which slowly fade in as the rest fades out, until they are all you hear, and after a few seconds they also fade out, only then ending the track.

On the Swedish single edit, those violins never really start taking force, the production keeps strong with drums and her vocals, until it all starts fading out.

On this version you can hear vocal takes abscent on the album version, since they are completely faded out by then, having given way to the "synthed violins".

Hope this clears it up a bit.

Johann
Back to Top View elcoleccionista's Profile Search for other posts by elcoleccionista

eriejwg
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 05 August 2008 at 6:41am | IP Logged Quote eriejwg

Yesterday, got in a promo 45 with the Remix Short Version. I also have an acquired copy of the AC version that Steve sent me.

From what I can tell, they are very similiar as the song begins with an 'oooh' in the intro that's not present on the LP version.

The most noticeable difference is on the AC version, where a sax replaces the electric guitar that's on the remix short version.

Both versions begin their fade around 4:14, but the AC version fades out very abruptly at 4:26, while the remix short version runs 4:30.

Edited by eriejwg on 05 August 2008 at 9:56am
Back to Top View eriejwg's Profile Search for other posts by eriejwg Visit eriejwg's Homepage

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version