Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Chat Board
 Top 40 Music on Compact Disc : Chat Board
Subject Topic: questions: Return of the Mack Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
budaniel
MusicFan
MusicFan

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 11 November 2006 at 5:36pm | IP Logged Quote budaniel

This Mark Morrison track is quite confusing in the database. Just an initial note, it says (45 version) next to the CD "Old School Funky Hip Hop". It's actually the full length LP version, as the time indicates.

My next question is--which mix is the HIT mix? Absolute Hits has the C&J edit, MTV Party To Go 98 has a longer cut of the same mix. The database says Absolute Hits has the 45 version, which would indicate that the C&J mix was the hit mix. In Joel Whitburn's Top Pop Singles book, it notes a remix on the B side of the song. Is the C&J mix the b-side and the A side was an edit of the LP version, or was the C&J mix released as the single version?
Back to Top View budaniel's Profile Search for other posts by budaniel Visit budaniel's Homepage

Gary
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 11 November 2006 at 6:52pm | IP Logged Quote Gary

budaniel wrote:
My next question is--which mix is the HIT mix? Absolute Hits has the C&J edit, MTV Party To Go 98 has a longer cut of the same mix. The database says Absolute Hits has the 45 version, which would indicate that the C&J mix was the hit mix. In Joel Whitburn's Top Pop Singles book, it notes a remix on the B side of the song. Is the C&J mix the b-side and the A side was an edit of the LP version, or was the C&J mix released as the single version?

My station got serviced with only the C & J Edit which was the one heard on most radio stations. This was about 3:30 and was serviced to Urban, CHR/Pop & CHR/Rhythmic stations. I don't remember seeing any other edit.
Back to Top View Gary's Profile Search for other posts by Gary

edtop40
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 11 November 2006 at 7:04pm | IP Logged Quote edtop40

the cd single issued as atlantic 84868 lists as the a side the "c&j edit" running 3:32.....hope this helps...

aaronk
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 11 November 2006 at 8:37pm | IP Logged Quote aaronk

The remix on the b-side was a completely different mix---"The Beatminerz Remix" not the C&J Edit. The C&J Edit (the hit version and track 1 on the 2-track single) was an edit of the C&J Extended Mix from the CD maxi single (always loved that mix). To be honest, I don't know if I've ever heard the LP version.

Edited by aaronk on 11 November 2006 at 8:38pm
Back to Top View aaronk's Profile Search for other posts by aaronk Visit aaronk's Homepage

budaniel
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 11 November 2006 at 8:43pm | IP Logged Quote budaniel

aaron,

oddly, the LP version doesn't sound all that different to me. I was just sampling them though. I'll have to listen to them both all the way through.

Back to Top View budaniel's Profile Search for other posts by budaniel Visit budaniel's Homepage

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version