Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Chat Board
 Top 40 Music on Compact Disc : Chat Board
Subject Topic: Chad Kroeger "hero" distinctions Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
budaniel
MusicFan
MusicFan

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 10 November 2006 at 7:17pm | IP Logged Quote budaniel

The two listings for this song in the database have no comments next to them. However, I have an import CD single that has the "motion picture version" (3:19) and the "radio version" (3:10), times that match up to the soundtrack and Now 11 versions in the database. The clearest difference I notice is that the "radio version" and the version on Now 11 do NOT have a synth chord being held at the end of the song with the last sung word. On my "motion picture version", which I'm guessing is the soundtrack version (I don't have the soundtrack), there is a sustained synth chord, which is the last thing you hear. I'm not sure if there are any other internal differences in the mixes, but I do think it probably needs to be noted in the database that one is the "radio version" and the other the "soundtrack version", although, I'm also not sure which version got the airplay...

Edited by budaniel on 10 November 2006 at 7:18pm
Back to Top View budaniel's Profile Search for other posts by budaniel Visit budaniel's Homepage

Todd Ireland
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 10 November 2006 at 11:08pm | IP Logged Quote Todd Ireland

I have the same import CD single, budaniel. The "radio version" is the one that received airplay in the Pittsburgh area. I don't own a copy of the NOW 11 CD, but I can tell you that the NOW series nearly always feature the radio versions and edits of hit songs.
Back to Top View Todd Ireland's Profile Search for other posts by Todd Ireland

Gary
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 11 November 2006 at 6:25pm | IP Logged Quote Gary

budaniel wrote:
I'm not sure if there are any other internal differences in the mixes, but I do think it probably needs to be noted in the database that one is the "radio version" and the other the "soundtrack version", although, I'm also not sure which version got the airplay...

The Radio Version of this song puts the vocals "up" and the guitars "down" or quiets them so they are not so dominate. This was the version played on most radio stations. If I recal correctly, one of the companies that supplies music to radio(it wasn't TM) only supplied the soundtrack version. I liked the radio version much better.
Back to Top View Gary's Profile Search for other posts by Gary

aaronk
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 18 November 2010 at 7:28pm | IP Logged Quote aaronk

I have a version of this labeled "Main Vox Up Version" that runs 3:15. Anyone know where this mix comes from?
Back to Top View aaronk's Profile Search for other posts by aaronk Visit aaronk's Homepage

mainrhythm
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 18 November 2010 at 8:10pm | IP Logged Quote mainrhythm

Promo CD, but sorry I don't own it though
Back to Top View mainrhythm's Profile Search for other posts by mainrhythm

aaronk
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 18 November 2010 at 9:53pm | IP Logged Quote aaronk

I found a track list for one of the promo CD singles:

Roadrunner RDRR 10025-2

1. Hero [Mainstream Version (Motion Picture)] (3:19)
2. Hero [Mainstream Version (No Strings)] (3:10)

Times are printed, as I do not have a copy of the disc.
Back to Top View aaronk's Profile Search for other posts by aaronk Visit aaronk's Homepage

aaronk
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 18 November 2010 at 10:01pm | IP Logged Quote aaronk

When comparing the "Radio Version" with the 3:15 version I have, I noticed that the "Radio Version" does not have any strings at all, but the vocals on both seem to be at the same level. I wonder if the "Main Vox Up Version" is the same as track 1 on the above listed promo CD, but just labeled differently. Even though my copy only runs 3:15, that might also be the actual run time of the promo CD. Hopefully someone who owns the disc can supply us with more details.

Edited by aaronk on 18 November 2010 at 10:01pm

jimct
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 18 November 2010 at 10:40pm | IP Logged Quote jimct

Aaron, I do own the RDRR 10025-2 promo you found online, and FYI, the actual times for the two tracks are the same as the printed times. And I will shoot you out track one, so we can clear up the question you just raised.

Edited by jimct on 18 November 2010 at 10:41pm
Back to Top View jimct's Profile Search for other posts by jimct

aaronk
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 18 November 2010 at 10:44pm | IP Logged Quote aaronk

Thanks, Jim! You always come to our rescue!

aaronk
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 18 November 2010 at 11:12pm | IP Logged Quote aaronk

With lighting speed, I can report back that the "Main Vox Up Version" is the exact same mix as cut 1 on Jim's promo CD. It has just been labeled differently and faded 4 seconds earlier by Promo Only, which is where my copy comes from.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version