Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Chat Board
 Top 40 Music on Compact Disc : Chat Board
Subject Topic: Los Del Rio - Macarena Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
aaronk
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 12 September 2006 at 12:49pm | IP Logged Quote aaronk

OK, I might lose a lot of respect for even daring to bring up this song...but here it goes anyhow.

Back when the "Macarena" was a hit, our station played it from a radio compilation disc called Chartbusters, which was a weekly service provided by Broadcast Programming. The version on their disc was called the "Bayside Boys Mix Edit." This version was essentially the same, but it cut out the sample that said "I'm not trying to seduce you," and it ran about 10 seconds shorter than the (3:51) mix.

Does anyone know of this version's existance on a promo CD? I've never seen one, but I clearly remember hearing this edit on more than just the station I worked for. Our competing station in town played the same edit, and I seem to recall hearing one of the syndicated countdown shows playing it, too. (Rick Dees Weekly Top 40, perhaps)

Also, as a side note, I made a custom "hybrid" version that combined the Spanish and Bayside Boys Mix versions together. Somehow that version ended up on the Radio Disney Move It compilation CD. There's just an example of how a "neither" version can accidentally make it to disc.
Back to Top View aaronk's Profile Search for other posts by aaronk Visit aaronk's Homepage

jimct
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 13 September 2006 at 1:35pm | IP Logged Quote jimct

Macarena (Bayside Boys Mix)--Los Del Rio (RDJ 64408-2)
(The only two places on the promo CD single it says "Bayside Boys Mix" exactly is on the "side view read" on the paper insert for the jewel case, and on a custom sticker affixed to the front of the jewel case.)
1-Macarena (Bayside Box Mix Edit) (3:52) is stated on the BACK of the paper insert for the jewel case. This listed time info is incorrect. On the front of the ACTUAL promo CD single, it says 1-Macarena (Bayside Boys Mix Edit), with a listed time of (3:44). The actual time for the cut is (3:41). I also have a 2-cut stock CD single (Track 2 is not "Macarena") for Macarena (Bayside Boys Mix), which uses this exact phrase 4 different times, including on the CD itself, which states a listed time of (3:52), but has an actual time of (3:51). My conclusion: My 1-track promo CD single contains the "Bayside Boys Mix Edit" which runs (3:41), while my stock CD single contains the "Bayside Boys Mix", with an actual run time of (3:51). The :10 time difference in versions is probably attributed to the removal of the line Aaron has earlier cited.
Back to Top View jimct's Profile Search for other posts by jimct

edtop40
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 05 October 2011 at 7:29pm | IP Logged Quote edtop40

i have both commercial cd singles that charted in 1996 for the song "macarena" by los del rio....the first was issued commercially as rca 64407 and contains the below tracks

1-los del rio macarena (bayside boys mix) (listed 3:52; actual 3:51)
2-matrix can you feel it (radio edit) (3:57 listed; actual 3:59)

i also have the later commercial cd single which peaked at number 23 that was issued as bmg/us latin 39227 which was titled "macarena (non stop)" and contains the below three tracks

1-macarena (river fe mix) (5:02 listed; 5:02 actual)
2-pura carroceria (meme dance short remix) (4:37 listed; 4:36 actual)
3-la nina (del panuelo colorado) (the party radio edit) (4:05 listed; 4:06 actual)

this second cd single s/b added to the db

Hykker
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 09 October 2011 at 6:21pm | IP Logged Quote Hykker

Interestingly, the vinyl single had a song by a different artist on the B side "Scatman" by Scatman John. Both of these were on an RCA dance compilation CD called "Club Cutz"...we played both of these on our weekend mix show a good 6-8 mo. before "Macarena" became a hit.
I don't remember if they were released as singles then or not.
Back to Top View Hykker's Profile Search for other posts by Hykker

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version