Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Chat Board
 Top 40 Music on Compact Disc : Chat Board
Subject Topic: Billboard and Radio & Records Merge Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
JMD1961
MusicFan
MusicFan

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 09 August 2006 at 6:56pm | IP Logged Quote JMD1961

I just went to Billboard's Radio Monitor website (where I check out the weekly Adult Top 40 chart) and got a shock when it opened as Radio & Records. Doing a little research, I found out that the company that owns Billboard now also owns Radio & Records and merge it with its Radio Monitor publication.

Just offering this for information purposes.
Back to Top View JMD1961's Profile Search for other posts by JMD1961

aaronk
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 23 April 2010 at 9:18am | IP Logged Quote aaronk

Does anyone collect year-end R&R issues, by chance? I purchased a chart pack from R&R back in the early 2000s with every year-end chart, starting with the first one in '73 or '74. I managed to keep it updated for the most part, but I'm missing a couple of the years.

Also, my chart pack included the "records reaching the top 15" pages for every year except 1995. Did they just forget to include them in my chart pack, or did they not publish those pages in '95?
Back to Top View aaronk's Profile Search for other posts by aaronk Visit aaronk's Homepage

aaronk
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 23 April 2010 at 6:38pm | IP Logged Quote aaronk

I just checked, and my missing R&R years are 2004, 2006, 2007, and 2008. The '06 to '08 years aren't really that important to me, though, because I have the Mediabase year-end charts for those years. Does anyone have 2004 that would be willing to help me out? :D
Back to Top View aaronk's Profile Search for other posts by aaronk Visit aaronk's Homepage

crapfromthepast
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 23 April 2010 at 6:53pm | IP Logged Quote crapfromthepast

Aaron - I bought the same package, but I got mine in 1998, so I have 1998 and older...
Back to Top View crapfromthepast's Profile Search for other posts by crapfromthepast Visit crapfromthepast's Homepage

eriejwg
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 23 April 2010 at 7:01pm | IP Logged Quote eriejwg

Aaron: Did some Googling and came up with this!
Back to Top View eriejwg's Profile Search for other posts by eriejwg Visit eriejwg's Homepage

aaronk
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 23 April 2010 at 8:48pm | IP Logged Quote aaronk

Thanks, John! I have the CHR list, probably from that exact same source, but I was looking for ALL the year end charts (not just the CHR), plus the "records reaching the top 15" pages.

Ron, do your 1995 charts have those "top 15" pages? If so, I would love to trade you scans of later years you are missing in exchange for scans of those.

EdisonLite
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 23 April 2010 at 9:02pm | IP Logged Quote EdisonLite

Aaron, I too bought the R&R Year-end pack which also had the top 15 pages. If I recall, I bought mine around the mid-90s and it may or may not have the 1995 one. I'll check and get back to you.
Back to Top View EdisonLite's Profile Search for other posts by EdisonLite Visit EdisonLite's Homepage

eriejwg
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 23 April 2010 at 9:11pm | IP Logged Quote eriejwg

If you go back to the home page of that site, I believe you'll see from the main menu that you'll find what you are looking for.
Back to Top View eriejwg's Profile Search for other posts by eriejwg Visit eriejwg's Homepage

aaronk
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 23 April 2010 at 9:22pm | IP Logged Quote aaronk

Thanks again, John! I have definitely been to this site before and had it bookmarked. It's a great resource! I still want photocopies of the '04 charts, though :D

crapfromthepast
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 23 April 2010 at 10:40pm | IP Logged Quote crapfromthepast

Another resource - http://www2.uta.edu/hunt/charts/chart.html

I sent the site owner a few corrected dates on there, but on the whole it's pretty accurate, and it's very nice to have online.

Checked my R&R packet, and no, my 1995 stuff just has the Top 95 of each chart, no all-top-15-hits lists.
Back to Top View crapfromthepast's Profile Search for other posts by crapfromthepast Visit crapfromthepast's Homepage

aaronk
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 23 April 2010 at 11:12pm | IP Logged Quote aaronk

Thanks for checking, Ron! I've also visited the uta.edu site frequently. The professor who maintains it teaches at a college just 45 minutes away from me.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version