Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Chat Board
 Top 40 Music on Compact Disc : Chat Board
Subject Topic: ice cube "you know how we do it" Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
edtop40
MusicFan
MusicFan

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 19 July 2006 at 4:46pm | IP Logged Quote edtop40

does anyone have the proper single version of ice cube's hit "you know how we do it" on cd.........the cassingle edits out all dirty words including "ass", while the clean/censored version of the "greatest hits" cd has all the "ass"'s included.........every cd single i've found is the import and it contains the dirty version, as best i can tell.....

jimct
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 19 July 2006 at 7:18pm | IP Logged Quote jimct

Ed: I have two different promo CD single on this:

Ice Cube-"You Know How We Do It" (DPRO-7046)
1-Radio Edit (listed 3:50; actual 3:48)(no "ass" mentions)(sounds like a much different vocal/inst. take than 2nd promo; sounds less "urban"; more "mainstream".)
2-Instrumental (3:50; 3:52)

Ice Cube-"You Know How We Do It" (DPRO-50786)
1-Radio Remix Edit (4:30) (4:25) (no "ass" mentions)
2-Radio Remix (4:26) (4:25) ("ass" mentions)
3-Instrumental (4:26) (4:25)

Edited by jimct on 20 July 2006 at 8:18pm
Back to Top View jimct's Profile Search for other posts by jimct

Jeff H.
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 20 July 2006 at 12:42am | IP Logged Quote Jeff H.

I agree with Ed that none of the commercial CD singles had the radio edits of "You Know How We Do It". The only commercial configuration that did was the 12" vinyl single.
Back to Top View Jeff H.'s Profile Search for other posts by Jeff H.

jimct
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 20 July 2006 at 2:46am | IP Logged Quote jimct

Jeff: I replied with promo info because Ed said his cassingle had all the language "cleaned up", and each of the two promos I have has one version that met his description, either a (3:48) or a (4:25) length. Promo or stock, Ed doesn't care - as long as he can get his cassingle version on CD, somehow. Sure seems like your statement is correct, however.

Pat Downey
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 20 July 2006 at 6:11am | IP Logged Quote Pat Downey

Ed, are the cd's listed in the database with the comment "censored lyrics" the cassette single version?
Back to Top View Pat Downey's Profile Search for other posts by Pat Downey

edtop40
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 20 July 2006 at 8:07am | IP Logged Quote edtop40

as far as the censored "greatest hits" cd...........it is NOT the correct cassingle version.........as far as the other censored cd's in the db i can't speak........but i bought the "gh" cd and it's partially edited......the censored "gh" cd contains the word "ass" a few times while the cassingle version has those words edited out.........i will do a comprehensive review of the differences tonight when i get home......

edtop40
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 20 July 2006 at 7:33pm | IP Logged Quote edtop40

ok...i just compared the clean "greatest hits" cd version of "you know how we do it" to the commercial cassingle version and here's what we've got...

the clean "greatest hits" cd edits only the word "fuck" at the 0:55 mark and substitutes the words "for whatever" in it's place....all the references to ass, which there are 6 of, are all INCLUDED in the so called clean/edited version of the "greatest hits" cd......they are at the times, 0:22, 0:32, 0:34, 0:45, 1:29 and 2:26 of the song.....

the cassingle edits 5 of the 6 six "ass" references...why not all five, you got me......the one they left in is in the verse "fo-hoppin, ass dropin, coupe deville" at the 0:45 mark......also.....the word "fuck" on the cassingle at the 0:55 mark is scrambled and NOT substitued by "for whatever"........

i just won an import cd single of the song that the seller claims is clean, except for the 0:45 "ass" reference.........when i get it i will post my findings as to whether it is identical........

jim

does your promo cd single issued as dpro-7046 contain the "ass" reference at the 0:45 mark......in your description you state that there are NO "ass" references and that it is clean......lmk....thx for the board's time and patience on this one......

jimct
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 20 July 2006 at 8:24pm | IP Logged Quote jimct

Ed: My earlier post info was correct. The only one of the 3 promo CD single vocal versions that I heard ANY mentions of the word "ass" was PRCD-50786, cut 2, called "Radio Remix". Not a single "ass" mention on the (3:48) "Radio Edit" on DPRO-7046. Sorry - I know you wanted a different answer.

Edited by jimct on 20 July 2006 at 8:24pm

edtop40
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 20 July 2006 at 8:28pm | IP Logged Quote edtop40

no that's ok.....if the ebay seller is correct in that the import cd single contains the right version.....then everything will be right with the world, lol....thanks for your assistance as always......

edtop40
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 27 July 2006 at 3:47pm | IP Logged Quote edtop40

ok.....i just received the import cd single of "you know how we do it" by ice cube issued in the uk as catalog number 42285-84792 and it contains the CORRECT cassingle version of the song.....with all the asses scrambled except one.........this is the only place i've found the correct single version.....

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version