Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Chat Board
 Top 40 Music on Compact Disc : Chat Board
Subject Topic: Dream Academy-"The Love Parade" Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
jimct
MusicFan
MusicFan

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 10 July 2006 at 7:35am | IP Logged Quote jimct

Pat: I can provide missing particulars to the database: One side of my promo 45 has a listed and actual (3:44) version, same as the stock 45, and is, as you already indicate, the LP version. The other side, which states (Remix), has a listed time of (3:50), but an actual time of (3:53).
Back to Top View jimct's Profile Search for other posts by jimct

Todd Ireland
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 10 July 2006 at 9:08am | IP Logged Quote Todd Ireland

Jim:

There was a thread dealing with Dream Academy's "The Love Parade" not too long ago and it looks like there is more than one DJ 45 for this song which has led to some confusion. Pat says his DJ 45 has two versions on it, yet claims both have a run time of 3:44. Meanwhile, other readers say their DJ copy doesn't identify specific versions on the label.

What's also interesting is that Edtop40 reports that the remix of "Love Parade" appears on the A-side of his commercial 45. Others say their DJ copy contains the remix on the A-side, whereas you indicate, Jim, that the remix shows up on the B-side of your DJ 45! Nevertheless, as we continue to sort this all out, the information you've furnished is much appreciated.

Edited by Todd Ireland on 10 July 2006 at 9:13am
Back to Top View Todd Ireland's Profile Search for other posts by Todd Ireland

jimct
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 10 July 2006 at 11:28am | IP Logged Quote jimct

Todd: I remember it was recently brought up - I went through all 57 pages trying to link it to the old post, but perhaps it's in one of those larger, themetic posts. I tried - sorry!

Paul Haney
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 10 July 2006 at 12:25pm | IP Logged Quote Paul Haney

Jim, just go to "search" and type in "Love Parade" in the subject field and the old thread will pop up.
Back to Top View Paul Haney's Profile Search for other posts by Paul Haney

jimct
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 10 July 2006 at 5:15pm | IP Logged Quote jimct

Thanks, Paul - I figured there had to be a feature like that somewhere. Aah, that upper right corner - out of sight, out of mind!

Todd Ireland
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 11 July 2006 at 2:20pm | IP Logged Quote Todd Ireland

jimct wrote:
Todd: I remember it was recently brought up - I went through all 57 pages trying to link it to the old post, but perhaps it's in one of those larger, themetic posts. I tried - sorry!

No sweat, Jim! We appreciate the info. either way!
Back to Top View Todd Ireland's Profile Search for other posts by Todd Ireland

Pat Downey
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 11 July 2006 at 8:26pm | IP Logged Quote Pat Downey

I should clarify further exactly what is on my dj 45. First, both sides are stated to run (3:44) and the side with the LP version does indeed run (3:44) as stated and has a catalog number of 7-28750-dj. The flip side which is a remix (but the label does not state this) runs (3:53) and has a catalog number of 7-28750-A (which indicates this was the plug side). So Jim if I read your post correctly, your commercial single includes the LP version which runs (3:44) but Ed reports that the remix version appears on his commercial 45. Will both of you verify this is what you are saying?

Edited by Pat Downey on 11 July 2006 at 8:29pm
Back to Top View Pat Downey's Profile Search for other posts by Pat Downey

jimct
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 11 July 2006 at 9:40pm | IP Logged Quote jimct

Pat: I have two copies (1 vinyl, 1 styrene) of my 3:44/3:50 configured promo. I would disregard my "3:44 side is the LP version" statement, because I don't have the ear you or Ed have. I will give deadwax, however. My vinyl (3:44) side says "7-28750-ADJSR1". My vinyl (3:50)(Remix) side deadwax is "7-28750 ARE1-SR1". Just to be on the safe side, I checked my styrene copy, with ALL label details being the same - DIFFERENT deadwax info! My styrene (3:44) side is "7-28750-A"(the "A" is crossed out)"-SH1DJ O R-15629 - SH1", then a triangle, followed by "12175     1-", ending with a mechanical "TML-X". My styrene (3:50) side is "7-28750ARE1-SH1    O". "R-15629-RE1" is then crossed out. Another mechanical "TML-X". "Triangle 12175" is then crossed out. Then "1-", with a another light "1" after the hyphen. Finally, "Triangle 12223 R15648Re1". Man, is this morse code? Sorry, Board people - I didn't generate all this deadwax info, I'm just reciting it! Maybe I should just shoot both sides of both promos out to Ed for his eagle-eared analysis?

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version