Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Chat Board
 Top 40 Music on Compact Disc : Chat Board
Subject Topic: Aretha Franklin-"Jumpin’ Jack Flash" Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
jimct
MusicFan
MusicFan

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 09 July 2006 at 11:41pm | IP Logged Quote jimct

I have a clear vinyl DJ 45 for this. One side, stating (Short Version), has a listed time of (4:16), but an actual time of (4:26). The other side, stating (Long Version), has a listed time of (4:56), but an actual time of (5:10). This differs from what you currently have for the DJ 45 in the database, Pat. You may have a different DJ 45. I happen to have a spare copy of this clear DJ 45, and I will send it to you, 1) For your collection, and, 2) So you can confirm my time details. I know we recently had another thread on this, about it's 80-94 Hits CD non-appearance, but I thought I'd keep this DJ 45 times issue separate.

Edited by jimct on 10 July 2006 at 3:04am
Back to Top View jimct's Profile Search for other posts by jimct

Pat Downey
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 10 July 2006 at 6:48am | IP Logged Quote Pat Downey

Jim, I do have the clear vinyl dj 45 of Jumpin' Jack Flash (Arista 9528) and I agree with you on the running times. What is so confusing is that I have a stock copy of this song that is Arista 9541 (Billboard lists the charted hit as Arista 9528 by the way) with the (5:10) version on one side (listed as (4:56)) and an edited version called the street mix/radio edit on the other which runs (4:36) not (4:25) as stated on the label. Was this street mix ever issued as a white label dj copy? This was not the flip side of the hit release, Arista 9528.
Back to Top View Pat Downey's Profile Search for other posts by Pat Downey

Santi Paradoa
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 17 February 2012 at 4:42pm | IP Logged Quote Santi Paradoa

The DJ 45 of "Jumpin' Jack Flash" that runs (4:26) appears on the new compilation Knew You Were Waiting: The Best Of Aretha Franklin 1980-1998 on Arista/Legacy. There are several other 45 edits on this recent release.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version