Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Chat Board
 Top 40 Music on Compact Disc : Chat Board
Subject Topic: Information Society - What’s On Your Mind Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
mjb50
MusicFan
MusicFan

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 06 April 2023 at 1:03am | IP Logged Quote mjb50

Information Society - What's On Your Mind (Pure Energy)

The database doesn't make this clear, but the retail 45 and cassette single also sported the Club Radio Edit on the B-side. It wasn't just on the promos.

My local CHR stations always played the Club Radio Edit, if I remember correctly. So really I would say both versions (Pure Energy Radio Edit and Club Radio Edit) were the hit.
Back to Top View mjb50's Profile Search for other posts by mjb50 Visit mjb50's Homepage

Jody Thornton
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 06 April 2023 at 6:53am | IP Logged Quote Jody Thornton

I have a Canadian stock 45-rpm disc, and the Club Mix is on the B side. I'd still say though that most CHRs I knew played the Pure Energy mix.

Back to Top View Jody Thornton's Profile Search for other posts by Jody Thornton Visit Jody Thornton's Homepage

mjb50
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 06 April 2023 at 1:22pm | IP Logged Quote mjb50

The full 8-minute Club Mix? On Discogs I see only the Club Radio Edit on the B-side of the Canadian 45, just like the other 45s.

Re: what was played, guess I lucked out. I was in Columbus, Ohio when I was hearing the Club Radio Edit on the radio. That would have been on WNCI and WXGT (92X). I was a teenager and many years have passed since then, so I could be misremembering who played what, but I do recall being disappointed that the album version was so different from what I had heard on the radio. I found the promo CD not too long after that, though, and was delighted.

I imagine the choice for programmers was the album-matching Pure Energy Radio Edit, but that could turn people off with its "hard"/slow metal-hammer sound in the breaks, and with its rock guitar-like bridge... whereas the Club Radio Edit didn't match the album, but was upbeat throughout, and was full of orchestral stabs which were very exciting at the time.
Back to Top View mjb50's Profile Search for other posts by mjb50 Visit mjb50's Homepage

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version