Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Chat Board
 Top 40 Music on Compact Disc : Chat Board
Subject Topic: O/T: Rolling Stones - She Was Hot PROMO Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
NightAire
MusicFan
MusicFan

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 16 May 2021 at 8:18pm | IP Logged Quote NightAire

This 1984 single from Undercover barely missed the Top 40, landing at #44 on the Billboard Hot 100, #42 in UK, and breaking the top 20 in Belgium and the Netherlands.

The [EDIT] PROMO version is an edit of the LP version with only two edits but the second one is a PAIN without the original single to use as a guideline.

I'm using a copy of the track taken from the Undercover CD.

First, you take out 2:08 to 2:21 to shorten the solo; it's on the snare on the "2" of the beat.

Then, take out 2:11 to 2:37... and here's the tricky part: you want the guitar chord from 2:11 to run all the way to the first beat of the drum fill, so there's no silence on the guitar before or during the fill.

On my copy, that meant editing from 2:11.972 to 2:37.136. There are two mountain peaks in the right channel right before my edit, smaller "plateaus" in the left channel. We pick up with a small dip down in the left channel followed by a much bigger dip down to pick up the fill.

(I don't know if that helps or just muddies the water, but hopefully that provides a little direction.)

It IS in rhythm, so worst case scenario make your cut and then listen to make sure you can still count 1-2-3-4, 1-2-3-4...

The [EDIT] SHORT PROMO appears to fade similarly or identically to the LP version and appears to be approximately the same speed, so delete the silence and you should have a file length of approximately 4:02.

Edited by NightAire on 16 May 2021 at 9:51pm

Owasso, Oklahoma USA
Back to Top View NightAire's Profile Search for other posts by NightAire Visit NightAire's Homepage

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version