Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Chat Board
 Top 40 Music on Compact Disc : Chat Board
Subject Topic: billboard hot 100 Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
edtop40
MusicFan
MusicFan


Joined: 29 October 2004
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4906
Posted: 31 December 2019 at 5:29am | IP Logged Quote edtop40

anyone else having trouble logging into/onto the billboard
hot 100 chart site?.....i tried on my two computers and
cannot get in.....it looks like they have made it a
subscription site now.....

__________________
edtop40
Back to Top View edtop40's Profile Search for other posts by edtop40
 
Paul C
MusicFan
MusicFan


Joined: 23 October 2006
Location: Canada
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 612
Posted: 31 December 2019 at 10:23am | IP Logged Quote Paul C

Ed, try www.acharts.co and stroll down to “US Singles Top 100”.
Back to Top View Paul C's Profile Search for other posts by Paul C
 
PopArchivist
MusicFan
MusicFan


Joined: 30 June 2018
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 462
Posted: 31 December 2019 at 11:01am | IP Logged Quote PopArchivist

edtop40 wrote:
anyone else having trouble logging into/onto the billboard
hot 100 chart site?.....i tried on my two computers and
cannot get in.....it looks like they have made it a
subscription site now.....


You are correct, you can't get in. I always went with acharts.co anyways less hassle and less popups. Maybe Paul Haney knows why they won't post the charts anymore online..
Back to Top View PopArchivist's Profile Search for other posts by PopArchivist
 
Brian W.
MusicFan
MusicFan


Joined: 13 October 2004
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2247
Posted: 31 December 2019 at 3:07pm | IP Logged Quote Brian W.

PopArchivist wrote:
Maybe Paul Haney knows why they
won't post the charts anymore online..

Probably for the same reason many other online magazines
and newspapers won't let you see the full article
without a subscription... because they have staff
salaries that they have to pay.


Edited by Brian W. on 31 December 2019 at 3:08pm
Back to Top View Brian W.'s Profile Search for other posts by Brian W.
 
eriejwg
MusicFan
MusicFan


Joined: 10 June 2007
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2804
Posted: 31 December 2019 at 3:48pm | IP Logged Quote eriejwg

I was able to get to this without a subscription-

https://www.billboard.com/charts/hot-100

__________________
John Gallagher
John Gallagher Wedding & Special Event Entertainment
Erie, PA
Back to Top View eriejwg's Profile Search for other posts by eriejwg Visit eriejwg's Homepage
 
Paul Haney
MusicFan
MusicFan


Joined: 01 April 2005
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1188
Posted: 01 January 2020 at 6:27am | IP Logged Quote Paul Haney

eriejwg wrote:
I was able to get to this without a
subscription-

https://www.billboard.com/charts/hot-100


That link should be working.
Back to Top View Paul Haney's Profile Search for other posts by Paul Haney
 
edtop40
MusicFan
MusicFan


Joined: 29 October 2004
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4906
Posted: 02 January 2020 at 6:06pm | IP Logged Quote edtop40

thx john, that link works...

__________________
edtop40
Back to Top View edtop40's Profile Search for other posts by edtop40
 
EdisonLite
MusicFan
MusicFan


Joined: 18 October 2004
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1756
Posted: 19 January 2020 at 7:30pm | IP Logged Quote EdisonLite

I've subscribed/paid for Billboard for years and am covered until about the end of this year; however, you are correct, even those of us who pay for the hard copy cannot access the digital charts online anymore (or other articles). I called Billboard about this. Apparently, we're not supposed to be able to access the Hot 100 or Billboard 200 (Albums). This has been the case for over a month. But I find that some weeks I can access those 2 charts and some weeks I can't.

I'd mainly want to see some of the charts' lower positions that you can't see in the print edition. But I don't want to pay $120/yr (or whatever the cost is) to do so. I basically like to look at (and listen to) the debuts each week on 5 charts - but now that I no longer have access I don't recall how many positions these charts have in the online version. To anyone with a digital, paid subscription, can you tell me how many positions each chart has (there are 25 songs in the printed edition). I think the 1st 2 below have 50 positions and the last 3 have 40 positions:

Radio
Digital Sales
Mainstream Top 40
AC
Hot AC/Adult 40

Edited by EdisonLite on 19 January 2020 at 7:32pm
Back to Top View EdisonLite's Profile Search for other posts by EdisonLite Visit EdisonLite's Homepage
 
thecdguy
MusicFan
MusicFan


Joined: 14 August 2019
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 110
Posted: 20 January 2020 at 10:06am | IP Logged Quote thecdguy

EdisonLite wrote:
I've subscribed/paid for Billboard for years and am covered until about the end of this year; however, you are correct, even those of us who pay
for the hard copy cannot access the digital charts online anymore (or other articles). I called Billboard about this. Apparently, we're not supposed to be able to
access the Hot 100 or Billboard 200 (Albums). This has been the case for over a month. But I find that some weeks I can access those 2 charts and some weeks I
can't.

I'd mainly want to see some of the charts' lower positions that you can't see in the print edition. But I don't want to pay $120/yr (or whatever the cost is) to do
so. I basically like to look at (and listen to) the debuts each week on 5 charts - but now that I no longer have access I don't recall how many positions these
charts have in the online version. To anyone with a digital, paid subscription, can you tell me how many positions each chart has (there are 25 songs in the printed
edition). I think the 1st 2 below have 50 positions and the last 3 have 40 positions:

Radio
Digital Sales
Mainstream Top 40
AC
Hot AC/Adult 40


I don't have a subscription, but I look at the AC Chart regularly and notice that none of the songs in the "Last Week" position column are ever below #30, so I
assume the AC Chart is only 30 positions.
Back to Top View thecdguy's Profile Search for other posts by thecdguy
 
Paul Haney
MusicFan
MusicFan


Joined: 01 April 2005
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1188
Posted: 21 January 2020 at 5:08am | IP Logged Quote Paul Haney

Radio & Digital - 50 positions

Mainstream Top 40 & Adult 40 - 40 positions

Adult Contemporary - 30 positions
Back to Top View Paul Haney's Profile Search for other posts by Paul Haney
 
EdisonLite
MusicFan
MusicFan


Joined: 18 October 2004
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1756
Posted: 23 January 2020 at 12:12am | IP Logged Quote EdisonLite

Thanks
Back to Top View EdisonLite's Profile Search for other posts by EdisonLite Visit EdisonLite's Homepage
 

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum



This page was generated in 0.0586 seconds.