Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Chat Board
 Top 40 Music on Compact Disc : Chat Board
Subject Topic: Peter Gabriel "In Your Eyes" & Wham Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
EternalStatic
MusicFan
MusicFan

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 10 June 2020 at 6:26pm | IP Logged Quote EternalStatic

Hi Santi & Other Interested Parties-

Wanted to provide some clarification based on the purchased download of 'Rated PG' that I have. The file does run to 5:07, but the audio of "In Your Eyes" ends right at 5:00. If you boost the volume at the end of the file, the last 7 seconds is just electronic hiss and pops, etc. So, assuming the to-be-released CD matches the download version, it is the correct 45 "radio edit" version of the song.

When compared to the 1989 WTG Records promo CD single, the actual audio on 'Rated PG' runs about 2 seconds longer, and not due to speed difference. The audio on the promo CD ends as Peter sings "It's in...." at 4:58. On 'Rated PG', you can hear the completion of that line, "...your eyes", and a tiny bit of background vocal singing "magnifi-que!" as the fade ends at the 5-minute mark.

(I don't have the vinyl 45 from 1986 or 1989, so I'm not sure if the 1989 promo CD ended a couple of seconds early when compared to the vinyl version, or if the new transfer on 'Rated PG' ends barely later than the original 45.)
Back to Top View EternalStatic's Profile Search for other posts by EternalStatic

mjb50
MusicFan
MusicFan

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 28 September 2023 at 9:30am | IP Logged Quote mjb50

aaronk wrote:
Just today, I obtained a promo CD single for "In Your Eyes" that I had never seen before.

WTG Records (PSK 1691)
1. Live Version (listed 8:45; actual 8:44)

It doesn't have an insert, and the only credits on the disc say that it's taken from the soundtrack to "Say Anything..." There's no indication of where the live recording was made, but apparently it was issued on the B-side of the 1989 WTG stock 45.

Based on the duration, I'd assume it is the 1987 Live in Athens version, as used for the the music video that I remember seeing on MTV around 1989. They skip a minute of the intro for the video, but it's otherwise intact. This mix was eventually released somewhat brickwalled in 2007 on the Mail On Sunday UK promo CD.

(A similar, but different live recording of "In Your Eyes" was on the 2012 Live in Athens concert video. The audio of this was on disc 2 of the So 25th Anniversary CD and was reissued on digital & LP in 2020 as a separate Live in Athens 1987 release. Apparently this one was recorded at one of the other two shows performed in Athens at the end of that tour.)
Back to Top View mjb50's Profile Search for other posts by mjb50 Visit mjb50's Homepage

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 3
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version