Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Chat Board
 Top 40 Music on Compact Disc : Chat Board
Subject Topic: Bob Marley - Legend single edits & mixes Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
AdvprosD
MusicFan
MusicFan

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 17 August 2021 at 10:10pm | IP Logged Quote AdvprosD

The CD version of Legend that I am looking at has an Island Number of 422-846 210-2, while also showing the Tuff Gong label with three hands.

The CD is dated 1984 on the Island label and notes on the CD and insert, "Remastered from the original tapes by Barry Diament, Barry Diament Audio, NYC and Rob Froboni."
Pressed by Island and a USA release. From What I read before, Barry Diament was again in charge of a re-master in 1992? So, what does that make this disc? I don't see
any indication that this disc was produced in '92 other than most CDs weren't commercially available until 1985. So, this must be a 1992 disc?

aaronk
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 18 August 2021 at 6:42am | IP Logged Quote aaronk

Yeah, that's probably a '90s era CD pressing you've got.

I also placed an order for a promo 45 of "Exodus," and I'll post what I find once it arrives.

Back to Top View aaronk's Profile Search for other posts by aaronk Visit aaronk's Homepage

eriejwg
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 18 August 2021 at 8:24am | IP Logged Quote eriejwg

I just ordered a promo 45 of "Exodus" as well.

Erie, PA
Back to Top View eriejwg's Profile Search for other posts by eriejwg Visit eriejwg's Homepage

aaronk
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 22 August 2021 at 11:28am | IP Logged Quote aaronk

Thanks to John's dub, I can now confirm that the edit on "Legend" does not match the promo 45 exactly. I assume the "Legend" comp re-edited the LP version to smooth out the clunky edit on the intro as heard on the vinyl 45. After making all the edits (the last of which does not match the vinyl), the producers didn't match the fade and left the original LP version fade in full. This is only a theory, however, because early in the thread, John shared a YouTube video of a 45 dub that I matched up the "Legend" edit. That video is no longer viewable, but at the time, I had matched it up to the "Legend" edit successfully. This makes me wonder if there is a stock copy that has a slightly different edit than the promo 45. The UK 45 definitely runs longer than the US promo and does have the same ending as the LP version.

Edited by aaronk on 22 August 2021 at 11:36am

Back to Top View aaronk's Profile Search for other posts by aaronk Visit aaronk's Homepage

headstar
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 19 November 2022 at 12:17am | IP Logged Quote headstar

aaronk wrote:

10. Waiting In Vain 4:10 - LP version
missing the count off, but otherwise the same mix as Diament CD; 45 has a unique mix that is not on CD (additional percussion, a small amount of reverb added to drums, shorter run time of 3:29)

Didn't know there was a unique 45 mix. I'd really like to hear this if anyone can send me a flac.
Back to Top View headstar's Profile Search for other posts by headstar

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 3
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version