Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Chat Board
 Top 40 Music on Compact Disc : Chat Board
Subject Topic: Andy Gibb - Me (Without You) Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
NightAire
MusicFan
MusicFan

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 19 July 2017 at 4:41pm | IP Logged Quote NightAire

According To Wikipedia, Andy Gibb made it to #40 with his song, "Me (Without You)," one of three new songs on his "Greatest Hits" LP.

The version I have runs 3:40, which basically matches the 3:43 time listed on the labels of all of the singles EXCEPT the singles released in the United States. Both the U.S. promo and the U.S. commercial single labels indicate 3:30.

The U.S. promo label indicates a :21 second intro, which again basically matches my version which has a 22.9 second intro.

Listening to the song, I suppose they could have faded it at 3:30. It's already into a fade at that point so I don't know quite why they would unless they thought a 3:30 song had a better chance of airplay than a 3:43 song... but then why the same on the commercial single, too? And why when all the other countries got "3:43" labels?

Does anybody have the original commercial and / or the original radio promo vinyl on this, who can time it for us, and determine if the U.S. single releases had an early fade?

(On a personal opinion note: WOW this seems like a dark song for Andy Gibb! I'm not aware of ever hearing it before.

I think I like it, but it sure doesn't sound like everything else that was out at that time... I see why it didn't chart higher, and am surprised it got as high as it did.)

Owasso, Oklahoma USA
Back to Top View NightAire's Profile Search for other posts by NightAire Visit NightAire's Homepage

Smokin' TomGary
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 19 July 2017 at 5:25pm | IP Logged Quote Smokin' TomGary

My promo 45 RS 1056 (RS 1056 AS DJ) Intl # 2090 513 (deadwax T1 RS 1056 AS TH3) has an intro of :22, listed time of 3:30 an actual time of 3:26 on the stereo side.
Back to Top View Smokin' TomGary's Profile Search for other posts by Smokin' TomGary

eriejwg
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 19 July 2017 at 7:29pm | IP Logged Quote eriejwg

It may have been around the time of the breakup with
Victoria Principal.
Back to Top View eriejwg's Profile Search for other posts by eriejwg Visit eriejwg's Homepage

JL328
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 21 July 2017 at 9:57am | IP Logged Quote JL328

The 3:43 version is also the LP version.
Back to Top View JL328's Profile Search for other posts by JL328

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version